• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Favourite Stand-Up Comedians?

Tailsy

if the nineth lion ate the sun.
Pronoun
she
I'm bored and I was watching reruns of Mock the Week, Nevermind the Buzzcocks and possibly every single Live At The Apollo ever made. I decided to make this thread.

So. Favourite stand-up comedians? Does what it says on the tin. Feel free to include quotes!

Frankie Boyle (Scottish, inappropriately hilarious)
"Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Whatever it is, it's heading straight for the World Trade Centre..."
"I would have loved to have a gay dad. Do you remember at school, there were always kids saying 'My dad's bigger than your dad, my dad will batter your dad!' 'So what? My dad will shag your dad. And your dad will enjoy it.'"
"Worrying about the future is different if you're Scottish. In England they're worried about the Euro coming in, what it'll mean for nationality and identity. In Scotland they're worried that they're gonna close down Poundstretcher! 'Will the new coins be heavy enough to throw at referees?'"
"In Scotland we have mixed feelings about global warming, because we will get to sit on the mountains and watch the English drown".

Russell Howard (... English or something, funny in a sort of childish way)
"D'you think the Queen's ever just pulled her covers right up so you can only see her head and gone 'Philip, look at me! I'm a stamp!'"
"'Come on let me stick marbles up your bum' 'why' 'uh... if we get enough in there you turn into a wizard' 'FILL ME UP FILL ME UP'"
[talking about two men kissing on an aeroplane and the passengers getting irked over it] "'Stop that, it's unnatural!' 'you're flying.'"

I like pretty much everyone on most comedy panel shows (Simon Amstell, Michael McIntyre, Ed Byrne, Stuart Francis etc) but I WOULD TELL ME YOURS BECAUSE I'm bored of writing this.

RUUUUUUUN DO IT NOW

I am not going to bother with quotes but:

Simon Amstell, Jo Brand, Eddie Izzard, Bill Bailey yeah you can tell most of this is from watching lots of Buzzcocks and QI shut up >:(

Anyone heard of The Amazing Johnathan? Yeah. And Jeff Dunham. But I laugh at any stand up. I'm easy to please, I guess.

Ross Noble, The Umbilical Brothers, and Woodley. The last two are Aussies, so you might not have heard of them. Ross is awesome though.

Frankie Boyle, Jo Brand, Jimmy Carr, Bill Bailey, and some others whose names I can;t remember.

And yes, I'm getting these from QI, Mock the Week, Would I Lie to You, etc.

So many that I can't list. Franke Boyle, Hugh Dennis, Russel Howard, Stephen K Amos, Dara O' Brien, Ryan Styles, Colin Mochrie [?] and Greg Proops are notable, however.

It used to be Joe Pasquale, but that was when I was 9. *He was always funnier and less annoying when he did special performances.*

Now its like everyone on Mock the Week, Fri-Night Comedy and have I got news for you.

Frankie Boyle almost justifies giving Scotland its independence back. He's THAT amazing. Jo Brand is pretty hilarious, and she apparently lives really near us. Reginald D. Hunter is brilliant and should get a medal for awesomeness.

aaand there are others but w/e

Back
Top Bottom