• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Starter Sets

Which starters?

• Kanto(Charizard, Venusaur, Blastoise)

Votes: 19 47.5%
  • Johto(Typhlosion, Meganium, Feraligatr)

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Hoenn(Blaziken, Sceptile, Swampert)

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Sinnoh(Infernape, Torterra, Empoleon)

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

Valerunner

Probably shouldn't be here.
Pronoun
She/her
Overall, which group of Starter Pokemon is your favorite one?

Personally I would say the Kanto starters; they're just badass to look at. Plus their basic forms are cute and by personal experience, I've found Charizard and Venusaur to be the easiest to train, both for battles and for contests.

I'm especially fond of, as a group, the Johto starters. Not really too sure why. Ironically, my favourite single starter (basic form) is probably Squirtle.

Overall, probably Hoenn, but I really like all of the starters except Meganium (I can tolerate Meganium, but that's about it). And I can't stand Chikorita.

Yeah, I don't like Meganium either.

I also like the Kanto starters. It's the first starter set where I like all of them. Plus, it has Charizard, which doubles as a Fly slave.

What's with the Meganium hate? I voted for Johto. I know, weird, you would think I'd choose Kanto, because of my username. But Chikorita/Cyndaquil are cute, and Totodile is hyper. Plus, Meganium is awesome.

I like Kanto and Johto pretty equally as sets, but voted Kanto for nostalgia value. XP

You can't mess with the originals. I love all of Kanto's starters (Except I'm not a huge fan of Venusaur, but I like it). Johto's had Typhlosion, which was pretty cool, Meganium was okay, and Feraligatr was great but suffered from the unfortunate side effects of being a physical water type. Hoenn is great, but that's mainly because I like Blaziken. Sinnoh is good as well, but the starters wear thin after a while.

Kanto and Johto are all pretty good, and so is Hoenn. But I probably like Kanto best. Sinnoh's starters annoy me for some reason o_O

I love the Kanto starters so much. THey're all so cute and have such awesome evolutions. ♥ I can never pick which one I want in the beginning.

I like both the Kanto and the Johto starters, but I picked Kanto because I love every Kanto starter at every level and I'm not very fond of the Chikorita line.

Can't beat Kanto. I'm very fond of that group because Charizard was my first Pokemon ever, and I love their designs.
Whenever I think of the Johto starters, I get the taste of chicken soup with noodles in it. :/ I don't know what to think, honestly. ^_^

Kanto. Kanto Kanto Kanto Kanto. Charizard can fly, so Kanto rules. You notice how no other starter can fly? And nobody voted for Sinnoh... The Sinnoh starters suck, personally. No offence to them, but their designs SUCK.

I'd say Johto, but I can't stand Cyndaquil.
If we include Pikachu in Kanto, then it wins~ I like Kanto's, but they're all so reptilian/amphibian... they're not fluffy enough. I want something I can hug.
Um, I don't knoooow~ I actually like Sinnoh's a whole lot.
I leik mudkips, and Torchic's cool, but I'm not too fond of Treeko, although I adore all their midde evolutions.
Umumumum... probably Johto. Totodile's one of my all-time favourite Pokemon, and Chikorita's the cutest thing on four legs.

OH. We're talking about final evolutions. Hurr, look at me go.

Um. I dunno. Probably still Johto. I much, much prefer Typhlosion to Cynda, and my time spent training one on Colosseum really endeared me to Feraligatr.

I wouldn't say I have an absolute favourite. I picked the Kanto starters because I always have a big dilemma on which to pick. I have it to a less extent with Johto and even less with Hoenn. So far in Sinnoh it's mostly been Torterra.

Back
Top Bottom