• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Dead Men Shambling.

Storm Earth and Fire

Would you like to make a contract?
Join in this thread.

I don't know what's going on, but I do know that I am getting out of here. I turned on the TV this morning. It was out. Then I heard something outside. Out the window, I see them. Masses of them. Like something out of a bad movie. Dead people, walking around. Zombies. My neighbor ran outside. He definitely isn't going to make it. Fortunately, I had, well, a few guns inside the house, actually, so I grabbed a big coat with pockets, and all of them, the pump-action shotgun, the little revolver, and the antique musket too. I don't know why that came with me, but I took everything outside, and managed to fight my way to my truck. After I get inside, I pull out of my driveway, but really, I have no idea where to go now.​
- Antonio Jones

Last edited:
Name: Anastasia Keigwin
Appearance: Dirty blond hair pulled back in a ponytail, and gray eyes. She has several hoop earrings on each ear. About 5' 10" She wears a huge, baggy tee-shirt that says "Don't make me go Zelda on you", a black hoodie tied around her waist, and faded blue jeans. Her shoes are just plain running shoes. She is slim and looks pretty athletic, though definitely not body-builder. She has a green 1up mushroom beanie hat and a brown purse slung over her shoulder. Her weapon at the moment is a replica Master Sword that's almost too dull to be of use.
Occupation: Owns a small shop that sells anime and video game memorabilia.
Location: At the moment, she's hiding in the women's bathroom of the mall where her store is, with a chair and a huge potted plant against the bathroom door as a makeshift barricade.
Personality: PO

Last edited:
Name: Stuart Griffith
Appearance: Odd, football-shaped head. Has just three strands of hair. Speaks with a British accent, and wears red overalls all the time. Is about 5' 5", and - You know what? I'm just going to say he's a carbon-copy of Stewie from Family Guy, and not waste my time.
Occupation: College student at a nearby town, but is visiting his girlfriend.
Personality: PO

AWESOME! A zombie survival RP. SO JOINING!

Name: Dr. Iain Cromwell
Appearance: Large, hefty, and strong. Broad shoulders and powerful legs.
Location: In his lab, which is sterile, and has yet to be found and breached by zombies. He goes out during the day and kills zombies with his guns that he has from being a police officer, and has some that he stole from a zombie gun shop owner after he annihilated him.
Personality: PO.
Other: He has swore that if he finds anyone he will help them and bring them back to his lab. He is the chem. teacher for the college that Stuart Griffith goes to. He also brings back specimens of zombies to nurse them back to health with an antidote that he is attempting to create.

Name: Lilijana Riley (goes by Lili)
Appearance: Lili has red hair and hazel eyes. She wears peridot earrings and braces. She wears a brown tee-shirt with a flower on it and a Japanese symbol. Her jeans are plain and ripped at the cuffs. She has white socks and tan-and-pink shoes. On her shoes are small yellow-and-pink flowers.
Location: Hiding in her candy store, behind the counter shaking like an abused puppy.
Personality: Other than the fact that she's a little panicky and scared to death, it'll be PO'd.

may I have two chars? :3 Here's one~

Name: Edward Alarik ( I know what you're thinking. and it's true.)
Appearance: Tall and muscular, Edward his golden hair and matching beard. His eyes are a deep gold. He's wearing a black muscle shirt, blue army pants, and steel-toed military boots. He also is wearing a blue jacket that matches the pants, open. His belt has two holsters, each containing a handgun. He carries a leather messenger bag will provisions, ammo, and batteries for the chainsaw he carries.
Location: wandering the suburbs, annihilating every zombie he comes across.
Personality: Unafraid, strong-willed, and a leader, he has no problem taking these... things down. Other than that, PO~ because I can~

Alright, everyone checks out. Yay.

FMC: If you don't mind, I'm going to wait and see if anyone else is going to join. I'll get back to you when I get home tomorrow.
FMA to the end, right?

OK, that's a good cast, let's get this show on the road.
---
This was about the nastiest it could ever get when driving. Antonio's pickup rolled past, over, and sometimes through whatever crowds of zombies got in the way. The shotgun and musket were sitting on the bed. The revolver sat next to him on the cab's bench seat, but opening the windows wasn't always the best idea. It's not like killing them would accomplish too much, and he couldn't afford to slow down to reload, either. He heard the unmistakable sound of gunshots, military issue handgun, or handguns, through the occasional drone of the walking dead. He drove towards it carefully, so as to not startle the operator of the guns. He stopped when he saw a man, who certainly thought he was hot stuff, blasting away at zombies with two pistols. Antonio rolled down the window and called out, "You need a ride, man?"

Anastasia panted softly, feeling numb and disoriented. She hugged her legs tighter, chin resting on knees. Rocking forward and back, she repeatedly hitt her head lightly against the door of the bathroom stall, staring unseeingly at a toilet. A sword lay next to her, just in case they got inside.
Keep calm. Calm. You know what you're doing. Yeah, like I believe that.
Zombies? Even after having read dozens of fantasy manga books about zombies, she was completely unprepared for the real thing. With the sound of book cases hitting the ground, books scattered everywhere things started getting.. nightmarish. What she could only think of as zombies flooded the shop, giving her barely enough time to grab the nearest thing she could use as a weapon and run. There were even more of them, in different shops and in the main area. Everywhere. Anastasia closed her eyes and shivered. She studied the knee of her jeans, which was stained dark red and stung. She couldn't believe how stupid it was to trip like that. It nearly meant death. She was lucky there was a bathroom nearby to hide in.
And so, here she was. Struggling to remain calm, the young adult silently took inventory. Hoodie. A purse with some cash, (useless) a credit card (useless) and her cell phone (no answer when she called anyone). She did have a laser pointer (Which was no help) and a few candy bars. Along with the water from the sinks, she could probably last a few days before having to come out of hiding. Assuming she wasn't found. She did have a sword, a replica of some video game sword that had been kept in a glass case by her desk.
Please God please God pleaseplease help me. Help me. Help me.
She quietly said an incoherent, desperate prayer and sighed. There was no real hope. Nothing to do but wait. Maybe the police would come. Or the SWAT team.
Yeah right, or maybe an army of angels with bazookas.

Last edited:
((I'm pretty sure you were referring to me, Link~? amirite? So here goes))

Edward was grinning as he blasted the hell out of the shambling creatures swarming around him. The thrill of the battle! This was what he had been wanting when he signed up! He blasted a female-looking zombie's head open with a well-aimed round to the forehead, before turning the barrel to another. If he was going to die, he'd do it fighting, damnit!

It was then a pickup truck pulled up. Edward took a brief pause to glance at the driver - He looked human! Jackpot! The man spoke to him - "You need a ride, man?" - witty.

"Yeah, thanks!" Edward bellowed, backing towards the truck for a few steps before turning and darting to the truck. Zombies were slow.

Antonio stopped for a moment as the man ran towards his pickup. He rolled down the window, picked up his revolver, and started banging away. He called out to the man, "I threw my shotgun in the back, I think it's loaded, but...", reached into a pocket, he always kept pockets organized, pulled out a box of shells, and reached through the window, placing the box on the bed, "Feel free to use it, we're all out to live here, yes?"

Name: Jac Moon
Appearance: Long White hair tied back with prayer beads, loose blue jeans belted with more prayer beads and a case filled with talismans strapped to his leg. He doesn't wear a shirt and has a shot gun strapped to his back, and two hand guns holstered to his prayer bead belt. He has pale blue eyes and very pale skin, making him look like a human ghost from a distance.

Personality: Played out.

Last edited:
Name: Angelo silver
Appearance: Silver hair, Tall and fair skinned, He is currently wearing loose blue sweats and a white T-shirt
Personality: played-out.

They were in. She could hear it. Despite herself, she had dozed off, only to awaken to a deep thumping sound. At least two zombies had to be trying to break in. Anastasia swore under her breath. Of all places to hide, the bathroom could've been the worst. There was only on way in or out, the barricaded door. She stepped onto the toilet and clambered onto the divider between stalls, one foot on the door of one of them. Clutching the sword, she sat there unmoving until the door swung open and what looked like two decaying bodies lumbered inside. Jumping down on one's head, she slashed at their necks before sprinting outside. The next problem was where to go now.
Something yanked on her hair, pulling her to the ground. Swinging the sword at that general direction, she jumped up and continued running frantically, slashing at anything getting too close.
"Help! Are there any survivors here? Please! I swear to God, I'm a human! Please, please.."
Anastasia screamed as loud as possible, listening hopefully for an answer. She could at least keep from being killed for now, but she had to get out somehow. The stairs were blocked by swarms of zombies, and jumping to the next floor down would be suicide, or at least mean a broken leg. That too would mean death. She was vaguely surprised she could even think straight or do anything close to planning during this nightmare.
I'm dead. This.. what's happening? Is this real? How?

Last edited:
Dr. Lehrer was driving along when he heard someone screaming for help. He pulled up near a building where the screaming was coming from, got out, went into the building, and shot everything in his path. He also had a hatchet that he was swinging around and killing zombies with. He was lucky to have not been bitten yet, and had some serum in his pocket, which he took out and drank quickly. It was a serum he had developed that kept the zombie-virus from spreading into his system. He was hacking through a thin line through the zombies. He saw the girl who was screaming and said to her while shooting and hacking off hoards of zombies, "Hey, you need some help? I've got a sanctuary where no zombies are, and we can hide there at night." The girl looked scared and was holding a blunt sword, which she had obviously been using to kill zombies.

Last edited:
((Uh, you realize she's on the second floor of a mall with thousands and thousand of zombies in it, right? There's no way your character could hear her unless he was already inside, and there's no way he could kill all of them like that without, say, a bomb big enough to demolish the building, in which case would kill everything and everyone inside, which would defeat the purpose by killing them both.))

Last edited:
Name: Jac Moon
Appearance: Long White hair tied back with prayer beads, loose blue jeans belted with more prayer beads and a case filled with talismans strapped to his leg. He doesn't wear a shirt and has a shot gun strapped to his back, and two hand guns holstered to his prayer bead belt. He has pale blue eyes and very pale skin, making him look like a human ghost from a distance.

Personality: Played out.
Where is your character at the moment?
Name: Angelo silver
Appearance: Silver hair, Tall and fair skinned, He is currently wearing loose blue sweats and a white T-shirt
Personality: played-out.

Accepted.

Angelo was huddling in the church, Waiting for someone to come save him,
It's a good thing i'm in the church... No zombies should be able to get in here...
And as he thought this one of the priests came walking out of another room. A zombie.

Well... None got in... He thought as he ran to a podium and grabbed a giant silver cross off of it
I really hope this works...
He watched as the zombie came closer and then stabbed it with the cross.

Back
Top Bottom