• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Styleswitcher help..

Well, I've been working on a PHP styleswitcher for ages,
And looked at heaps of guides yet they all dont work!
If you go to my site and view source you can see some
of the coding. I'll show anything else you need, If you ask.

Uh. If I can see PHP by viewing the source, you're doing something very, very wrong.

you didn't even give a URL

you know, people are far more inclined to help when you (a) tell them exactly what the problem is and what you've tried, rather than just "I've read a lot and it doesn't work", and (b) don't make them go to great lengths hunting down information.

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
read this
all of it
dead serious

edit: oh it's in your sig. a lot of us have those turned off :| and it's still not useful for the reasons mentioned above

Last edited:
And where in the source would this code be? Give us a line # or something.

And if you don't mind using Javascript (which would mean some people couldn't use your styleswitcher), I know of a really easy (albeit kind of a cop out) way to do it.

Oh well I could do a a Javascript one but I'm trying to do
a PHP one first. Oh yeah, well there's a link in the sig.
Well my problem is, that when you try change the style, it doesn't work.

clearly. but without the code it's hard to diagnose this. although the fact that it sends me to SITE_URL/cutenews.php is probably a good hint; it doesn't look like you set up this script correctly.

also, splash pages are terrible. and the special characters in your title don't work. you need to specify that you want iso-8859-1 encoding; right now it's just working because that's the default for you.

I realize there is a link in your sig. Where is the PHP code in the Code? And before you say anything else, yes I do know how to view the source.

Back
Top Bottom