• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

D/P/Pt 10 minute team

PichuK

They've locked down their fortress... with locks!
6 pokes thrown together in 10 minutes. Only good things can come from this.

honchkrow
Mafia (Honchkrow) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 202 Atk/252 Spd/56 SAtk
Naughty nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Drill Peck
- Night Slash
- Heat Wave
- Superpower

Cresselia
773 202 LUNA (Cresselia) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 200 HP/252 Def/50 SAtk/6 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

swampert
HP Grass (Swampert) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 200 HP/50 Atk/252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Avalanche
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

weavile
Kamaitachi (Weavile) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Ice Punch
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard
- Brick Break

heatran
Toilet (Heatran) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Explosion

gallade
Gallame (Gallade) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Psycho Cut
- Night Slash

So, yeah. A whole of 10 minutes, so it has some noticeable flaws. Please rate and give suggestions for any moves or replacements. :<

Last edited:
Okay!, i'll make one, I like yours very much! ^.^

I'll just put the pokemon up for the moment, i'll update it later.

Alpha
Regice

Stealth
scizor

Sharkbite
Garchomp

DoubleBarrel
Blastoise

AuraWulf
Lucario

Crevasse
glalie

OI WHAT

make your own topic, and learn how to post these. make your own topic

Modest nature ultimately makes no real difference, as every Heatran in the world goes for Naive now so that they can get the jump on Skymin, Jolteon, etc. along with any Modest Scarftrans. The difference in power doesn't do anything significant whereas the speed does, and Naive is better than Timid because Explosion is stronger that way.

Your team lacks the extremely important Stealth Rock, which should be used over Rest on Swampert. And Cresselia should be Bold and all those special defence EVs should be put into Defence instead, especially if you want to keep Calm Mind on there. Cresselia is one of, if not the, best physical walls in OU and without focusing on that your team's at major risk from DDMence and friends.

When I saw "10 minute team" I instantly thought "this won't be great", but it's pretty solid. If you really want to keep Modest on Heatran (or Rash), make Gallade Jolly and give it Ice Punch so you can beat Skymin (your team has the Shoddy Battle format so I assume it's for that). One of the biggest problems is that it's incredibly weak to stall. Skarmory walls your entire team outside of Heatran, and a Blissey with Toxic and Seismic Toss can get Cresselia and Heatran out of the way; basically, you need a few set-up sweepers that can help - perhaps Swords Dance Lucario instead of Gallade? Extremespeed still revenge kills well enough. Oh yeah, and Heat Wave on Honchkrow with a few Special Attack EVs makes for an awesome wall-breaker and slaughters Skarmory and Forretress.

Nice team and good luck with it. :)

Last edited:
You'll probably want to go with Night Slash (hits everything but Heracross for neutral damage) over X-scissor, maybe Psycho Cut over Zen Headbutt (CH rate's worth it) and possibly consider Stone Edge over ThunderPunch on Gallade.

Looks pretty good aside from that.

All right. Thanks for the suggestions -- Hochkrow breaks walls, Heatran is Naive, 'pert has SR, Cres is a phys tank, and I'm testing out Gallade's new set. X-Scissor was for Celebi, and Thunderpunch was for Gyarados, if you were wondering.

Back
Top Bottom