• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Smells/Tastes/Sounds that remind you of things.

Murkrow

Says "also" and "or something" a lot
Pronoun
he
Well, I was just thinking about this because I was just playing diamond, hatching eggs, and the music in Solaceon Town really makes me feel happy because it reminds me of when I was on holiday last year (I was playing it a lot then as well).

Apparently, a lot of people like the smell of petrol because they stop most often to get more when they have a long journey ahead, like when they go on holiday.

Another thing like this that happens with me is when I hear the theme tune to Aladdin, I can taste pizza. This is because when I used to play on an old Aladdin game for the Sega Megadrive, I used to eat pizza at the same time.

Does anything like this happen to anyone else?

If I'm in my mum's room lying on her bed, it smells like her and that makes me think of her.

If I hear some songs they make me remember my childhood. ^_^ Depends on the song on what I think of, of course XD

The smell of Play Dough reminds me of my early childhood, when I used to pretend that I was making pancakes with it.
Good times...

Hearing the 12th Naruto theme song reminds me of Pokemon, because it sounds like a Pokemon song, not to mention the fact that it's over half in English.

Thinking of a certain Pokemon song makes me remember the "Great Depression." *sigh* I can still...

If it's my first time remembering something that's been forgotten since early childhood, I get this overwhelming taste / smell combo of white chocolate. I don't know why; it really doesn't make sense.

A lot of random smells and tastes (some shampoos, dark chocolate, and oranges, for example) remind me of playing Pokemon Red when I was like 4 for some reason I'll never understand. The smell of bug spray reminds me of when we used to go to Minnesota for a week each summer.

Also, a lot of songs by "Weird Al" Yankovic and most tracks off the album "Kiss Symphony: Alive IV" remind me of Super Mario 64, since I remember making a playlist of them to try to get their play counts up two summers ago while playing Super Mario 64.

Last edited:
A lot of random smells and tastes (some shampoos, dark chocolate, and oranges, for example) remind me of playing Pokemon Red when I was like 4 for some reason I'll never understand. The smell of reminds me of when we used to go to Minnesota for a week each summer.

Also, a lot of songs by "Weird Al" Yankovic and most tracks off the album "Kiss Symphony: Alive IV" remind me of Super Mario 64, since I remember making a playlist of them to try to get their play counts up two summers ago while playing Super Mario 64.
You skipped a noun there: "The smell of ____ reminds me of when we"...

And I forgot to say, Taking Back Sunday's music reminds me of Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. That's not surprising because I listen to them a lot when I play.

My bad. At first I had the sentence written differently, and when I made it sound better, I forgot to include what the smell was of. [edits]

I remember the smell of the new house (after moving in) reminding me of Leafgreen and Death Note o_O I'm a weird person. Shame it's gone though.

Listening to certain songs from Animal Crossing remind me of certain colors.

For example, K.K. Salsa reminds me of the color red...
Two Days Ago, K.K. Love Song = Gold
K.K. March, K.K. Country = Green
K.K. Lament = Lavender
K.K. Dirge = Gray

And so on. I don't want to clutter this post with all the songs and colors.

Mother's circus animal cookies remind me of going to the pool with my old friends who were twins.
The company went bankrupt, so I'm enjoying a nostalgic snack that we bought in a hoarding attempt a while back.

Apparently, a lot of people like the smell of petrol because they stop most often to get more when they have a long journey ahead, like when they go on holiday.
But petrol smells terrible D=
If I'm in my mum's room lying on her bed, it smells like her and that makes me think of her.
Lol your mum smells

...anyway, nonconstructive ramblings aside, I experience no such reminiscence when smelling/tasting/hearing, except for whatever thing smells/tastes/sounds like that... *isn't sure he gets this thread XD*

Whenever I spend the night at my grandmothers(like last night and today), when I get up, it reminds me of how I used to live here until I turned seven. When I eat breakfast here it reminds me of when I used to eat here every day and when I go on the computer early in the morning, it reminds me of how the only thing I used to go on as a little girl was Polly Pocket.com. Good times...

Tar or burning rubber or something (Not sure what the smell is of, I just know what it smells like) reminds me of Sapphire, especially Route 121.

You know those little kiddy play-perfumes that have candy themes? The Gummi Bears one reminds me of a Raichu stamper I borrowed from a friend when I was five, and lost in the woods. I have NO idea why, but it does.

The taste of jelly makes me think of Shampoo.
The sound of cars make me think of time moving somehow XD
The smell of [insert every food I like] makes me think YUM!

Actually, having said that *pokes above post* the smell of bin liners reminds me of Halloween. Because my mum once made them into capes so I could be Harry Potter ^^;;

Bin liners and Christmas because we get them out to put all of the wrapping in.

Back
Top Bottom