• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ASB Mafia: Day V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negrek

busy dizzy lazy
Staff member
The citizens of ASB Central retire, depressed by another failure to weed out the mafia within their ranks. It was going to be another long night, just as all the others had been before it. Who knew how long it would be before this nightmare came to an end.

As morning came again, it hardly raised the spirits of the survivors. Another sleepy stumble towards ASB Central was cut short when shouts from the financial district indicated that a discovery had been made--and probably not a pleasant one.

Indeed it wasn't, as trainers found themselves following a trail of blood spatters that marred the cobblestones of ASB Central. Slumped at the end of these was the deceased body of Flareth; hideous slash marks covered her body, though any one in and of itself wouldn't have been enough to cause death. She had apparently made it quite a ways from the site of the mafia's attack, only to succumb to blood loss in the end.

The trainers stood around her dead body, shaking their heads and muttering to one another. How long did they have until the mafia outnumbered them? It was becoming ever more crucial to identify the killers in their midst.

Flareth is dead. She was not mafia.

Forty-eight hours for discussion and nomination. Also, since several of you have been missing night actions, you should know that I'm not going to randomize them--if you have a night action and don't send me a target, I suppose it sucks to be your team, because it's not going to go off.

Just throwing this out there:
All you other townies, voting someone off because they're dead weight is almost never a good idea. The mafia wins via numbers, so it doesn't matter if we have someone who posts only once and then does nothing for the rest of the game -- so voting for inactive people just to have someone voted off means you're pretty much helping the mafia.

Next... I can't really blame anyone for voting thor off, because we have about zero leads. We don't have much conversation going on, and we can't really see who votes for who, giving us the problem that we are all taking completely blind guesses. While this happens, the mafia will pretty much run the game however they want, considering we can't see their votes, and can vote for people that we, the townies, nominate.

Let's look at all the deaths so far:
Not Mafia: Krautos Aurion, Worst Username Ever, Turbler, Byrus, ECM, Icalasari, Flareth, thor, (8)
Mafia: o_O (1, but o_O was probably MD)
So, we're at 21 people left, 3-5 of them are mafia (Walker(r) and Light Mightyena(r), one is probably inactive, the other is probably working for the mafia.) So, there's about 18-16 townies left. We better start thinking.

Just going to say this: We're doing exactly what the Mafia wants, especially the Icalasari/ECM double death.

Now, let's try and dig up some evidence... granted, it's pretty bad, but we have almost nothing to work with.
Blaziking.
On day one, he suspected turbler. People bandwagon her. Turbler dies, flips as not mafia.
Day two. Suspecting both Icalasari and Flareth. Both of them are not mafia.
Day three, says that mafia are targeting experienced players true then, but not now.
That is pretty suspicious.

The only thing that makes me confused, is why was Midnight Saboteur put to sleep? Do we have a Walker/Light Mightyena on our side, trying to stop thor from getting killed, or what? Was it the same person who slept Kusari?

Let's start some conversation, anyway.
Blaziking, who do you think the Mafia will kill tonight, and who do you think they want to lynch? What are your suspicions?

(also wow, I wasn't post ninja'd. my brain hurts.)

I knew it would come to this.

Listen, I just barely got back onto the computer this morning; I haven't been on in three days. I probably have no solid proof of this, but you can look here, here, and here to see that, unless I decided to form an elaborate scheme to be gone, I could not have been participating in Mafia activities in the past few days.

However that probably isn't helpful considering what Negrek said.

Also, since several of you have been missing night actions, you should know that I'm not going to randomize them--if you have a night action and don't send me a target, I suppose it sucks to be your team, because it's not going to go off.

On day one, he suspected turbler. People bandwagon her. Turbler dies, flips as not mafia.
I honestly have to admit that that was a pretty stupid decision for me to accuse turbler, and I had a feeling it would come back to haunt me. But if you look back at the first day, there weren't many leads until ECM and Icalasari began arguing with each other. Like with thor165, we pick someone particularly useless unless we have a more sufficient lead.

Day two. Suspecting both Icalasari and Flareth. Both of them are not mafia.

Why would I be stupid enough to kill someone that I accused? Really, that's stetching it. I've played Mafia before, so I know not to do that (That would also be the reason why I'm not playing the newbie card). I played a game of Mafia last night, as a matter of fact, and this sort of thing occurred. One of the mafia accuses someone in one round, the person accused doesn't die, the next morning he's dead, the mafia member is accused and is killed. I would not be that stupid, I can assure that. Perhaps the mafia members are trying to frame me or something?

Day three, says that mafia are targeting experienced players true then, but not now.

Could you clarify with this please?

Blaziking, who do you think the Mafia will kill tonight, and who do you think they want to lynch? What are your suspicions?

Undoubtedly they probably want to lynch me. Why? I have no idea.

crap I haven't been paying attention to this.

hm I think the whoever-sleeps-people person was either superobservant or just... didn't like me. My first thought was they wanted me asleep to like put on hold so the mafia could kill me the next day, but apparently not!

hmmmmmmm.

not nominating anyone yet. :/

Dammit, and I was suspecting Flareth a little. Looks like no leads, yet again. Wonderful.

At the moment, my major suspicions are toward the people who have been posting maybe once or twice each day to say they’re there, but haven’t really contributed to any discussion. Could, maybe possibly, be Mafia members trying to avoid attracting attention to themselves?… Maybe Flora and Ashes, Bobino, MurrMurr? Also, I’m a little suspicious of Crowned Clown, who nominated Icalasari on Day 2, and of Midnight (having her put to sleep may have just been to throw us off the track).

I’m not sure about Blaziking… The whole “he nominated turbler” thing just seems a bit too obvious. Of course you’re going to be suspected if the person you accused turns out to be innocent, which sort of gives me the idea that the mafia would have remained mostly silent that first day, and just let us get suspicious of every innocent that accused someone, thereby doing a lot of their grisly work for them.

Oh, and regarding my “nomination” yesterday: I had posted in the Absence Thread the reasons for my recent silence (which, incidentally, may be coming up again soon). Looking over the thread after the fact, I would have very much liked to have contributed, but I was forcing myself to stay off the internet during that time.

Darn it, we need to find a mafia member soon... I might nominate someone later, if no one else does.

It's past the forty-eight hours time D: and so I don't think it's Blaziking, so I'm just gonna go with one of the people Chiropter mentioned. I nominate Crowned Clown.

Yeah, you have until midnight tonight, I suppose, if there's any people wishing to nominate someone else.

All right, Blaziking. I'm getting pretty sure that you're not mafia right now...

Anyway, this is the worst conversation ever. C'mon guys, talk a little!
Crowned Clown, any reasons why you've nominated the people you have?

Since my name was mentioned...

I haven't said too much, because anything I would've said would be along the lines of "Me too!" I try to only chime in when I have something to contribute. So, take that for what it is, I know it doesn't deflect any attention, but don't want to seem like a coward hiding or anything.

It's past time to nominate now, so no point in letting my suspects be tipped off. I'll save that for Day VI discussion.

The discussion was muted, the trainers reluctant to nominate another member to die. So far, their attempts at weeding out the mafia had only managed to aid the shadowy organization. In the end, there was only one name proposed: Crowned Clown.

The trainer herself was too petrified to even attempt to defend herself. She shivered as she was led up to the executioner's block, though the absol manning it didn't hesitate to take her life as she had the ones before. As the vigoroth costume vanished from Crowned Clown's body, a great sigh arose from the gathered trainers--once again, their intuition had been wrong.

Crowned Clown is dead. She was not mafia.

Forty-eight hours for night actions--and please do SEND your night actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom