• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

5th Gen New Pokemon Ideas

Discuss what possible Pokemon you think that could/should be made in the 5th Gen games.

For new fossils, I'd like to see creatures from the Pleistocene Epoch (otherwise known as The Ice Age). If they don't make an elephant for a starter, or a Donphan evo, a Mastodon would be one, and the other could be a Saber-Tooth Tiger. Maybe a Diatryma (carnivorous, flightless bird) could be the equivalent to Aerodactyl. If they happen to make a Donphan evo or an elephant for a starter, replace "Mastodon" with "Megatherium (Giant Ground Sloth).

For potential Grass starters, I'd like to see
Dimetrodon/Spinosaurus
Eagle/Pterosaur/Archaeopteryx
Stegosaurus
Koala
Peafowl/Ostrich

For potential Fire starters, I'd like to see
Lion/Tiger/Cheetah
Python/Boa
Scorpion
Raccoon
Rabbit/Hare

For potential Water starters, I'd like to see
Platypus
Elephant
Dolphin/Whale
Plesiosaurus/Loch Ness Monster
Frog/Newt

More love (evolutions) for Mawile and Sableye. And a male Kangaskhan. Don't care about the baby as I rather dislike all baby Pokémon and find them pointless, but when they split Tauros and Kangaskhan up and made Miltank for Tauros they totally should've made a male Kangaskhan. :/

A Mightyena evolution would be awesome, too, but as Mighty is basically just a Dark-type Raticate it probably won't get anything unless all of the other Raticate clones get something, too. Which is highly unlikely. (Really, I'd like evolutions for all of those... too bad it won't happen.)

And an actual wolf Pokémon (MIGHTYENA DOES NOT COUNT DAMMIT). And a goat Pokémon. And an actual carnivorous dinosaur Pokémon (flesh-eating pachycephalosaurs don't count, either).

If they do actually cater to all of the people who whine about "but Scyther got an evolution why not Pinsir baaaaawww", then the Pinsir evolution needs to be significantly less ugly than Pinsir itself. :/

OH AND A WATER BEAR

Some of this is copied from the 5th gen thread:

-Mewthree.
-Eeveelutions: A dragon type, maybe dual type Eeveelutions along the lines of Folieon, the Grass/Poison type Eeveelution, or Nereideon, the Ice/Water type.
-Baby version of Absol.
-Mawile and Sableye evolutions.
-Lapras pre-evolution.

I'll add more if I think of more.

Perhaps an Evolution of Absol, though I don't know if it will look any better.

Perhaps Rock/Ground/Flying Eeveelution.

Me. In other words, a flying shiny espeon named Erindor. I can imagine it: Wild lv. 70 Erindor appeared! It could be a legendary. Oh yeah.
As a side note, they should have a eeveelution gym leader.

Pokemon is different from real life. There doesn't have to be a Pokemon for every single dinosaur species. Pokemon is its own thing, and its history isn't necessarily the same as Earth's either.
...Just my opinion. Anyway, I think they should make...
-A new Eeveelution (or two or three...)
-Unique legendaries, and when I say "unique", I mean a different type from every other legendary.
-I agree with the Mawile and Sableye evolution thing.
-Another duck Pokemon! =D You know, like one with feathers.
-A lion and tiger Pokemon.
-A few more Dragon-types.

That's all, I'll add more when I think of them.

far-fetch'ed was a duck pokemon that had feathers. Though I would like to see a real Lion and Tiger pokemon, I think that was covered by Persian and Arcanine.

I'm not even sure there's a lion yet. At least none I can think of. GSC trio doesn't count, the gerbils. xD

Now then... how about...

*tries to force spriting out of mind*

A Jynx evo. Darn it, it got jypped out of its wits. Maybe like where it isn't so fat... it's kinda taller... and it has like... a better face or something... and call it Haxette... or maybe Hexette... why am I talking like Strong Bad...

Maybe an Eevee. So like... Dragon Eevee. With a scale tail. And Absol-style claws. And maybe wings. Great fun.

Next up are the starters.

Um... A parakeet/toucan thing. And it's Grass/Flying, of course. And... it has leaves for feathers. And it's got like... vines for feet or something. Nah, that's too off balance. Vines from the wings and hidden. Mains in physical.

Fire... I say a Fire/Water type. Wierd, huh? It could be this... hmm... Hey, this could be the lion I mentioned earlier! Wait, no, they hate the water. Bengal Tiger-based, maybe. And it would be blue and have fire coming out the side. And an attack where it shoots fire from its eyes. Heh. And it mains in Special. But wait, that would leave me no room for the last one. Feh, Fire/Ground. And it's brown now. And it's a lion again. And its mane is fire if it's male. Female gets a fire tail. That sounds a lot like Rapidash for some reason...

Let's see, water. We have a turtle, an alligator, a... mudskipper... thing and a penguin. So... lets go with something random like Water/Dark. And it's a... humanoid angler fish. And the first stage is overly cute that hides giant teeth for the later 3-D Stadium-type game and the 2nd frame shot. And it's blue with wierd black eyes. And the teeth on the final evo are huge. *evil grin, literally*

And for a legend...

Space, time, darkness... light?

How about a DECENT electric legend. Like, pure electric. And it has this... bright light eminating from its center. And it's white with gold like Regigigas. And the bright light thing shoots sunbursts. I guess.

So like, yeah. My ideas either suck or are awesome. You decide.

A HAWKFISH POKEMON. OK I just had to get that out. Also more anthromorphic Pokemon please. Love them, especially male like one's like Blaziken and Mewtwo. Also I need Ghost/dark that looks cool(Sableye can go to_). Also more psycic types maybe. I good idea for a legendary would be a Rah or Odin like one. Hey we got Zeus so why not get more gods!

A ghost type eeveelution
Maybe a legend trio with a Grass pokemon in it cause it has always been electric
I agree with the lapras prevolution
Evolution for the hopelessly weak[lowest stats that doesn't have some speical ability]Luvdisc.

Maybe more when I can think of them...

especially male like one's like Blaziken and Mewtwo.

...what on earth are you talking about. They aren't "male Pokémon". Blaziken can still be female and Mewtwo has no gender, and neither of them were meant to imply human masculinity the way, say, Machamp kind of does.

I'm not even sure there's a lion yet. At least none I can think of. GSC trio doesn't count, the gerbils. xD

Now then... how about...

*tries to force spriting out of mind*

A Jynx evo. Darn it, it got jypped out of its wits. Maybe like where it isn't so fat... it's kinda taller... and it has like... a better face or something... and call it Haxette... or maybe Hexette... why am I talking like Strong Bad...

Isn't Luxray supposed to a lion. I JUST WANT SOME FIRE POKEMON DAMMIT!
I'm tired of using the generation starter and then catching whatever they give us. Please Nintendo, I don't like your stupid water pokemon.

I would like to see an evolution of something like a Tangrowth and maybe an evolution of some other pokemon.

Some Pokemon based on animals that haven't been made into Pokemon.
A Pokemon that evolves into different Pokemon bases on it's highest Contest Stat(max 200).
BABY KANGASKHAN.

And, even though it's not a Pokemon: DARK-TYPE GYM.

Last edited:
-Mewthree.
-Eeveelutions: A dragon type, maybe dual type Eeveelutions along the lines of Folieon, the Grass/Poison type Eeveelution, or Nereideon, the Ice/Water type.
-Baby version of Absol.
-Mawile and Sableye evolutions.
-Lapras pre-evolution.

no, not baby absol and lapras! ;-; baby absol and lapras should be smaller versions of baby absol and lapras.

I'd really like a psychic/dark peafowl though.

The main pokemon I want are big cats. I'm talking cheetahs, jaguars, lions, and tigers, non-legendary, NOT normal type, and to the point where you can actually TELL it's what it is (Luxray hardly looks like a lion).

Also, I think it's about time we got a grass starter that isn't a reptile, and I want them to finally come up with some fossils based on popular dinosaurs like Tyrannosaurus, Brachiosaurus, and Velociraptor. And finally, NO more Fire/Fighting starters.

A baby pokemon that can evolve into either Pinsar or Heracross, depending on how you raise it.

A DUAL-TYPE Eevelution. Something like Fighting/Rock or Fire/Steel.

A Chinchilla pokemon, to be the games Rattata. Cause Chinchillas are awesome.

Polygon version of pokemon. Cyber Pika, anyone?

Different sizes of Pokemon (Like larger or smaller)
A Frog Pokemon that looks like one
Some more plant Pokemon

Back
Top Bottom