• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Fires in Southern California area.

Ayame

Weeping Willow Pines.
So, you likely don't know this, but there are some severe fires in southern California right now, in several different locations. It's all over the news here, but it's not the most major event in the world, so I don't know if you guys had any idea. It's not that important that you do, but it's an interesting topic in my opinion. (I'm not in any danger where I live; the fires are inland from here, but I can see ominous smoke clouds in the distance.)
I know a lot of these fire outbreaks seem to happen here, but I'm kind of worried for all TCoDians in the area. People are evacuating like mad, abandoning their homes, pretty much leaving them to be torched. It would be a mad scrabble to save important things and drive off...
I hope the few TCoDians who happen to live near to the fires are safe. D:
Sorry for making this topic, but I can't get the story out of my head, due to watching the news for a while and getting the images of flames burned into my head, watching people's homes get destroyed. I didn't start this topic to warn people...
Well, anyways, discuss.

ack I know someone in that area
I hope he's OK... ; ;
Then again I'm talking to him right now so I'm assuming he's fine. :/

But still, that sucks.

ack I know someone in that area
I hope he's OK... ; ;
Then again I'm talking to him right now so I'm assuming he's fine. :/

But still, that sucks.

If he were threatened he would be being ordered out, though the fires usually go on for days. The wind conditions and low humidity are practically inviting the fire over.

Eh. I saw that earlier. I live in almost-southern Cali, so it probably won't affect me directly. But damn, all those people. T_T

You got fires in November? Weird. I do hope no one dies or gets badly injured, though I'm sure a lot of houses will get destroyed.
We usually have a Fire Season in Portugal. Around June-July-August the party starts and at the beginning of November you can be sure we have nearly no forests left. Pyromaniacs and careless smokers/campers uggh

retsu i wanted to post that :P

anyway, I'm guessing it's a much bigger issue now because it was on the news tonight.
this does happen frequently, and I've always felt sorry for those who have to leave their homes.

It's nature's revenge for Prop 8.
Oh I wish D:
I had a small fire about 10 miles from my house, and it was close to my aunt's summer home. But it was extinguished before it got to any homes, so that's good. But the fires are coming really fast and starting inland instead of the mountains this year :/
And its because of the Santa Ana Winds. The sky was pink and orange last year because of it.

Yeah, the nearest place in that fire is like only a mile or twoaway from my house. fdjkafjdsajf. God, the smog and the ash is really annoying my allergy-inffected body. ;_;

Back
Top Bottom