• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Fun at the book fair~

Shiny Grimer

Pronoun
she/her, they/them
I went to the book fair a few days ago. Besides sweating to death, this is what happened:

I purchased a CD of a dude named Stephan Mikes (accent on the e in Mikes) who plays the sitar. It's really great for writing - it doesn't distract and adds to atmosphere.

I bought the communist maifesto. There is so much misinformation about what communism is and the principles it was founded on and whether or not Karl Marx enjoyed eating hamburgers. I decided that I may as well find out what one of the most famous proponents of it has to say about it.

I also bought this book on Indian myths and stuff. I haven't read it yet, but it's really thick so hopefully I'll be able to have a lot of stuff to read.

However, the best part is when I passed this stand. There were these two people that clearly supported gay rights, as evidenced by the t-shirts they were selling and the papers they were handing out. One lady was arguing with the vendor about gay marriage. She says there's nothing wrong if the voters vote against it and if they doesn't want it to be it shouldn't be. The other lady asked her how she would feel if it were women's right to vote that was being debated on instead of gay marriage. The lady got really pissed and said something about how the voters decided it and she doesn't want to see gay marriage and then she stormed off.

I got a little 'Safe, free, and LGBT' sticker from that lady, plus an informative paper in Haitian-Creole (I can't read Haitian-Creole, but I felt the need to take it anyway).

My parents even took me to the Thai restaurant and I ate chicken curry. I love the chicken curry they make. Yum~

All in all, a cool day. Well, except for the sweating, but you know what I mean. :D

Wow, it sounds like an awesome day. ♥ I'm so jealous; I really want that sticker. x3

Last edited:
Woah, that sounds like an awesome day :D
The LGBT stand sounds tres cool, and getting parents to py for Thai? Just awesome.
Arghzs;fzjh at the Comminist Manifesto, though. I am so freaking sick of Marx I could cry ):
But if you enjoy it, that's the important thing :D

Back
Top Bottom