• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What Kind of Qualities Do You Like in a Person?

Crazy Linoone

broke ASB
This is for a homework, 'k?

So, what kind of qualities do you like in a person? It can range from honesty to awesomeness to having blue hair or something.

And maybe we can all become better people/Pokemon/things by reading what others have to say. Hurr.

I dunno.

(whoo Linoone's first thread that's not in Introductions!)

If this needs to be moved for some reason, please do. I apologize in advance for posting this in the wrong section...

Mostly loyalty, understanding and honesty. And as long as someone's not the kind to pick on others, they're welcome to be my friend.

I guess that would be it, but I'll post again if I think of any more.

Respect, first and foremost. If they respect themselves and others, everything else falls into place; I don't find extremely under- or overweight people attractive, and I find it hard to make friends with extremely shy people who don't believe in themselves.
Also, nothing's more of a turn-off than someone bitching about someone else behind their back.
Someone who respects you (and your point of view) will be loyal and honest and love you for who you are, not who they can turn you into.

Intelligence and a sense of humour are also a plus. :D

An accepting personality, first and foremost. If a person isn't prepared to accept others regardless of arbitrary traits such as gender, race or sexual preference, then I'd show them the door.

Secondly, loyalty to those who care for them. A person should always place his loyalty first to his family, then to his friends, before all other concerns.

Thirdly, humility. I cannot stand people that are full of themselves; even if you are exceptional at something, there is no need to put others down about it.

I also value compassion, a good work ethic and a sense of humour. Frankly, though, intelligence or academic aptitude are irrelevant to me. A person can be a wonderful human being without any literacy or education.

Pretty, funny, cute, likes to have fun, something that clicks about them and, oh yeah, most the people i'm dating recently are quite short, if that helps!

Respect. It's not nice listening to someone bitching about how fat/skinny/ugly/insert word here they are. It's worse how they bitch about how imperfect everyone else is. It's really the only thing that I find appealing; everything else just builds up after that.

Well, this is a very deep thread to me.

Integrity! There are many who understand me in no time by being patient and can be loving.. It's very good to have empathy and using it too.

There are those who can be ignorant in many ways and have trouble understanding me. They can have something on the tip on their tongue just to say anything sarcastic/sharp. Or using text smileys like ">_>" or "=\" ... Pretty much showing their ignorance gets on my nerves a lot.

Many like that just don't know how to deal with me because I'm just odd! x.x

Interesting people grabs my attention. It's really hard for me to describe what I would call a person interesting for. It's quite ambiguous on how I define 'interesting' because I can go on and can list loads of paradoxes of how I see things.

I don't find ... overweight people attractive, and I find it hard to make friends with extremely shy people who don't believe in themselves.
Maybe I should go break our friendship now...
Intelligence and a sense of humour are also a plus. :D
Yup, that clinches it =o

Anyway, I like people who are incredibly strange like myself, and who have a sense of humour and are nice and crap.

(Basically any of the traits displayed by this person X3)

Intelligence.
I need companions who are logical.

I do like pretty people! Pretty people are pretty.
Also the better the sense of humor, the more I want to hang with the person. I like laughing like crazy while back-and-forthing. Which sounds like some sort of sexual thing but I mean it in the literal conversational way.

also atheists are pretty cool and generally falls under the 'logical' category. I make a point to seek out and befriend atheist who meet most of the above qualities.

Abstract reasoning capability is a must. Other forms of intelligence and similar interests are nice.

Last edited:
Comedic value, intelligence, enough tact that I don't want to facepalm regularly, amazingness, and an underlying belief that I am totally awesome dammit STOP LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT my poor ego needs boosting regularly.

Fwaaa so many replies! O.o Thanks guys~ Linoone's homework is finished, but you can still post if you want.

I personally like respect. If one respect others, then more or less everything else (honesty, loyalty, whatever) comes, too. And a sense of humo(u)r.

:D

A person that is sympathetic, empathetic and kind. A good listener who won't turn away when they're needed the most. They also need to be trustworthy and I generally need to get along with the person in question.

y'know, the usual, sense of humour, kindness, intelligence, loyalty, honesty, similarity to myself etc
oh and people who do not like animals are a big fat NOOOO

I like people who're sharp (and I don't mean well-dressed or pointy), and I'm usually more inclined to like someone if I share some of their interests, but I'd assume that most people are that way...
A sense of humor is a definite plus, but perhaps what I require more is someone who can handle some silliness, at least every once in a while, since I've been known to do silly things on some number of occasions.
...Dangit, so many good traits, and so many of them repeats or just downright silly sounding. I give up. I can't list everything.

Back
Top Bottom