• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open The Kirin's Treasure

Coloursfall

THIS IS HOW WE BLEED
The Kirin's Treasure

“Do you know what a Kirin is, child? No? Well, let me tell you of it. The Kirin is a powerful beast of untapped strength, dwelling at the End of the World. There is a legend that the Kirin has untold hordes of treasure of which mere mortals could never dream. And the force of a thousand storms is said to be granted to one who can capture it.

Yes, my children, the Kirin is a wonderful creature, is it not? Yes, I'd say so. Many a sailor and their Pokemon have perished looking for it, hunting the treasure and the Kirin's power. The sea is a dangerous place, my children.”

Many of those born and raised in that little port town remember the old woman's tales well, perhaps even believing them... And treasure is a thing that is often thought of by the town's residents – it's a Pirate Town after all.

Many of the children who grow up there become Pirates, and there are two main ships that seek crew from the little town.

The first is the Lady Equivalence, a massive vessel captained by the 'Golden Pirate' Edward. Her prow is carved as a Seviper, holding a massive blue gemstone. This stone was purloined from a 'Dragon God' and cast a powerful spell of the ship – it froze time, allowing the crew to stay forever as they were when they first set foot on the vessel. The flag they fly is black backgrounded, with a red cross blazoned across it, a skull at the place the arms join the body.

The other is the St. Virtue, a slightly smaller ship captained by Dread Pirate Ming. Her prow is carved as a Milotic, a pink gem set in the mouth. This stone, like the other, was stolen from a 'Dragon God', this one also with a powerful spell – the ability to tear a hole in space itself and emerge in a place the ship has visited before. The flag they fly is black with a white crane emblazoned across it.

So, young one, take up your sword and choose your ship – the hunt for the Kirin starts now...

Rules:
- Usual RP rules.
- No Flaming
- Put a tilde in your sign up.
- You are a Pirate. Get it? Got it? Good.
- No Chat speak. Chat speakers are shot on sight
- No one liners. Seriously. I will play skip-rope with your guts if you do this.
- If you break the rules three times, I will have you killed. I'll... Feed you to a Sharpedo. Or something.
- Only three Pokemon – you gotta save some room on the ship, dudes.
- NO LEGENDARIES. I will eat your face if you try.
- At least a medium-sized paragraph for each sign-up spot (except name, age, gender, ship, weapons, and other)
- No, you cannot have a PO personality.
- Try to make some sense, ok?
- Be realistic with ages, people. little kids would be unlikely to become pirates.
- No Pokemon over about 7 feet and/or 300 pounds
- If you have an entire team of rare Pokemon, I can hurt you :[ Unless you explain why really well

Form:

Name:
Ship:
Weapon(s):
Appearance:
Bio:
Personality:
Other:

Stuff:

-Edward is me. Ok? ok.
-and Ming is moon-panther.
-moon-panther is the co-runner of this RP

This RP is in alliance with 'The Good, The Evil, and The Greedy'

Members:

Full Metal Cookies - Edward - Lady Equivalence
XDragonFireX - Valkrie Stormfeather - Lady Equivalence
Mewtwo - Mysti - St. Virtue
Meowzie-chan - Miaka Suraan - Lady Equivalence
moon-panther - Ming-Yue Ryuu - St. Virtue
Erindor the Espeon - Aether - Lady Equivalence
Kusarigamaitachi - Lynne Greene - Lady Equivalence

Applications for members of the Lady Equivalence are closed until the St. Virtue gets more members.

Last edited:
Name: Valkrie Stormfeather
Ship: Lady Equivalence
Weapons: Daggers. Yes.

Appearance: She's Asian, black hair, brown eyes. Valkrie wears a dark red shirt under a black jacket. She also wears baggy brown pants, with lots of pockets. Her daggers are nothing fancy, iron blades on gold-leaf hilts, with leather handles. Both have a feather scratched into the handles.

Bio: When Valkrie saw the Lady Equivalence docked in the town, she snuck on, not knowing about the Dragon God's gem. At that time, she was fifteen years old. The ship set sail, and when she was discovered the crew decided to keep her around for a bit, until they came back to the town. During the few years she was on deck, she captured Pokemon and became of some value to the Lady Equivalence. When she docked back in town, Valkrie stayed on board, and now travels with the crew.

Personality: Very carefree, and not serious, much. She tries to get the others to smile, and is usually good at it. She tenses up around unfamiliar people and Pokemon, and relaxes around familiar ones. Valkrie can usually be found on the Serviper's back, or flying beside the ship on one of her Pokemon's back.

Other:
Mai Pokemonz. And they are under the restrictions.

salamence Valour, Female, Lvl. 53. HT 4'11" WT 226.2 lbs.

Jolteon Volt, Female, Lvl. 48 HT 2'07" WT 54 lbs.

Staraptor Storm, Female, Lvl. 49 HT 3'11" WT 54.9 lbs.

Is it okay? I added the height and weight, you made me turn my DS on. >=D Rawr. Edited and stuffs~

Last edited:
ok, better. But you're gunna have to keep the Salamence in the ball when you're on board. x3 (wow I thought they'd be bigger than that xD that's how tall I am.) Although next time, could you repost? It lets me know faster.

My form:

Name: Edward
Weapon(s): Pole arm, a few small daggers.

Appearance: Edward is tall and muscular, his skin tanned by years of being in the sun. His hair is long and a brilliant gold, falling past his shoulders. He has a small beard, and his eyes are gold. He wears a white ruffled shirt, black leather pants, and thick steel-toed boots. Over the shirt, he has a red coat, with steel shoulder armour. His pole arm is kept strapped to his back, and his daggers to his belt.

Bio: Born and raised in that little port town, Edward spent his entire life around the sea. His father was a Pirate as well, and Edward barely knew him, as he was always at sea. He became a pirate himself at the age of 18, becoming the captain of his own ship at 20. After he secured the jewel on the ship, he decided to go after the Kirin's treasure.

Personality: As the captain, Edward takes it upon himself to care for the crew, as if her were the ship father. She dislikes conflict quite a bit, but he won't hesitate to defend his ship and crew. He is nearly fearless, his life at sea teaching him that life may be harsh, but you must be brave.

Pokemon:
wooper
[Sunil] Wooper (M) Lv. 65
Ability: Water Absorb

quilava
[Rufus] Quilava (M) Lv 65
Ability: Blaze

Chatot
[Penny] Chatot (F) Lv 65
Ability: Keen Eye

Other: wooo~ I accept myself~

Name: Mysti
Ship: St. Virtue
Weapon(s): Nunchucks
Appearance: She is about 5 feet tall, but a few inches over. Her hair is curly and long. It is also dirty blonde. She wears random clothing, and most of the time they do not match. Her hair is usually loose, every once in a while a barett on the right(people facing her, to the left) side of her hair. Her hair is parted where there is more hair on the right(your left) side.
Bio: She grew into preteenhood listening to the old lady's storied. Her mother died of heart attack, and her dad was called onto ship. She had nowhere else to go, so she came along with her dad. Her dad died, though, so she is an orphan on the ship.
Personality: She is hyper to new people, but caring and sweet once you get to know her. There is also a very soft side, where she cries easily. She is a triangle, because there is another side, the tough side, usually activated by rude comments or people hurting innocent people.
Other: Well, am I accepted? Because I also made why I am 11!

moony says it's ok. But! Read the rules again please? Also, do you have any Pokemon? And longer would be nice too.

Oh yeah!

Name: Mysti
Weapon(s): Nunchucks
Appearance: She is about 5 feet tall, but a few inches over. Her hair is curly and long. It is also dirty blonde. She wears random clothing, and most of the time they do not match. Her hair is usually loose, every once in a while a barett on the right(people facing her, to the left) side of her hair. Her hair is parted where there is more hair on the right(your left) side.
Bio: She grew into preteenhood listening to the old lady's storied. Her mother died of heart attack, and her dad was called onto ship. She had nowhere else to go, so she came along with her dad. Her dad died, though, so she is an orphan on the ship.
Personality: She is hyper to new people, but caring and sweet once you get to know her. There is also a very soft side, where she cries easily. She is a triangle, because there is another side, the tough side, usually activated by rude comments or people hurting innocent people.
Other: Well, am I accepted? Because I also made why I am 11~

Pogeymans-er, I mean Pokemon:

Mudkip
Name: Skipper
Other:

Ninetales
Name: Shadowflare
Other: Black, except for the made, headfluffthing and tail tips - they are all red.

Glameow
Name: Glamourous
Other: Her white fur, including the cottonballthing on the end of the tail, seems to shine a silvery color.

Better now?~

Hello~! I would like to join~.

Name: Miaka Suraan
Ship: Lady Equivalance
Weapon(s): Bo staff (or reasonable substitute, if her bo staff is not readily available. Inner railings beware.)
Appearance: About five feet, five inches, she has red hair cut jaggedly to her shoulders. She wears a long, dark red shirt with black hems, and brown capri-length pants.
Bio: Miaka was raised in the port town, like so many other pirates. She had always wanted to find the Kirin's treasure, but never had the opportunity before the Lady Equilvalance stopped back into port. She has fought with the Bo Staff since she was 16, and quickly grew accustomed to fighting with it in the four years she has trained. She also tried bladed weapons, but felt they were too quick.
Personality: Somewhat abrupt to strangers, she opens up to those few she has grown to trust.
Pokémon:
Meowth
Nyara
Female
Level 34
Ability: Pickup
Other:
Pickup is probably THE best ability for a pirates Pokémon to have. THE best.

Name: Ming-Yue Ryuu
Weapon(s): A hand cross bow, and a single sword tied to her belt. She also has daggers strapped to her leg under her skirt.

Appearance: Tall and thin, with blazing violet eyes and painted red lips. She has long black hair tied into a full head of braids with a single bead at the end of each braid. She wears a white ruffled shirt with a suede vest over top. She wears a skirt, held up by a large belt, with a pair of black short underneath. She wears a pair of brown boots. Those that meet her with notice a Butterfree named Budi perched on her head.

Bio: Born in the little port of Pirates, she lived her childhood on the shores of the sea, dreaming of the adventures of pirates. When she was near thirteen, she joined the ship Lady Equivalence and sailed along side Edward. After years on the ship, playing crow for Edward, she decided to set out on her own and sail her own ship. After speaking with Captain Edward, he wished her safe passage and gave her one of the two orbs stolen from the "Dragon God". She near sails the ship she..."liberated" from the Navy, and recruited a young man named Gerard, who now aids her as her First Mate and is lovingly called "Greed".

Personality: Calm, carefree, and from the years of sailing as both a crew member and Captain she has become a very strong woman. She is a bit strange and comes off as silly, but when the time calls for it she can become a fierce fighter that will defend her crew and ship to the bitter end.

She always has a calming and soft word for her younger members, and finds it better to let the members figure things out on their own. But when she does give a command, she expects to have it obeyed in full. Those that refuse to comply will find themselves in worse conditions.

She is always looking for the newest thrill, searching for legends and treasure at the far corners of the world. After acquiring the map to the Kirin, she makes a challenge with the Lady Equivalence to see who will reach the point first. She loves a competition, and enjoys the challenge of games and puzzles.

Other: She named her Ship St. Virtue because she finds it to be the best cover when sailing near Navy towns. And a quote from the young Captain "On the St. Virtue, we take the one riddled with Sins and either feed them to power or break them with delight. I wish you Welcome~"

butterfree
[Budi] Butterfree (M) Lv 65
Ability: Compoundeyes

Golduck
[Sedna] Golduck (F) Lv 65
Ability: Cloud Nine

Lucario
[Halan] Lucario (M) Lv 65
Ability: Inner Focus

This looks promising...

Name: Aether (Woah! It's not Erindor!)
Weapon(s): Knives, and a double bladed sword (Curved). (Pistol, if allowed, under vest.)

Appearance: Dark hair, a rather large leather jacket (refer to Captain Jack Sparrow). Black leather boots, with a pretty well built, shifty all seeing eyes.

Bio: A problem child, Aether left his hometown and traveled on the mainland. After hopping from town to town for 6 years, came back to port, where he searched for work. He eventually found Edward and the Lady Equivalence

Personality: Lay in the background, jump out of the shadows. Eats you.

Other: If Edward doesn't have a first mate yet, I'm open to take it.

Pokemon:
Umbreon
[Midnight] Umbreon, M. Lv. 56
Espeon
[Erindor] (Ah, there it is. Can't go one RP without using that name.) M. Lv. 54

If an 11 year old was on my ship, I'd drop them off at the next town or throw them overboard~

Name: Lynne Greene

Weapons: Longbow and Cutlass. Forks and knives can become fairly dangerous in her hands if she's angry or desperate, but she doesn't carry them.

Appearance:
Lynne is rather average in height and weight, although she's a bit more fit than others who haven't been training in weapons for most of their lives. She has short black hair, brown eyes, and tanned skin.

Despite her name, she doesn't wear a lot of green - there's no point wearing dyed clothing when the salty mist would wear it out. Her clothes tend to be greyish or brownish, without any artificial colours. She simply wears a shirt and pants, plus a belt and boots. Her cutlass and quiver are on her belt and her longbow is on her back. She wears a large eyepatch over her left eye, just for the image; there's a hole in the eyepatch to let her see, although it's easy to miss from afar.

Bio:
Ever since she was a child, Lynne was raised on stories of great pirates searching for treasure and looting and pillaging from towns and merchant ships. The greatest of these were the Lady Equivalence and St. Virtue. Naturally, like many children her age, she decided she wanted to become a pirate herself. Several children, like her, went around training in whatever weapons they thought useful and captured and trained pokemon they could use on the ships.

Naturally, Lynne sought water-type pokemon (and flying-types, half-heartedly), and found what kinds of weapons might be useful. Long melee weapons, she found, seemed to be pretty useless since any melee battles would probably be in really close quarters. Bows, though, were potentially useful in battles between two different ships, especially bows with longer range like the longbow. So she found the right people to teach her how to use these weapons, starting at the age of seven (though she couldn't actually touch the weapons until she was twelve years old).

Of course, she had to learn to make herself useful on ships too. Despite the great importance of this should she become a pirate, she found this far more boring. A small part of the reality of piracy was infringing on her fantasy, and that wasn't fun at all... but, as it was her family business, she didn't have much of a choice.

Lynne was pretty lucky when it came to pokemon - she found, in her eight years training along the rivers and beaches and close to shore, a few water-types who were stronger than usual, and managed to catch them. Since she trained herself more than she trained them, her pokemon didn't get that much stronger than when they'd been caught, with the exception of her psyduck. Lynne isn't quite sure how she grew stronger; Migraine tended to wander away when she got headaches, and came back tired but feeling better and a little bit stronger.

After two years of being part of another ship's crew (doing far less interesting things), she became ready to fulfill her dream. Even better, she learned that the crews that stole from the Dragon God was recruiting. She signed up to become part of the Lady Equivalence's crew almost instantly. She could make herself useful, she thought... and, if the legends were true, should she join them, she'd become effectively immortal.

Personality:
Lynne has the tendency to obsess about something for a long period of time, even years, such as becoming a pirate, and ignoring anything that seems unrelated to her obsession. She can generally only hold a few obsessions at a time, because they occupy much of her thoughts. After a while, she still is usually determined to follow her obsession, but she starts to think about other things, too.

She is very determined to follow any goals she makes from these obsessions, and doesn't care about what she has to do to achieve it. This is partly because obsessing over something hardly leaves room for thinking about other people (unless they're the object of her fascination, though this has never happened). Because of this, she can be ruthless if need be, and won't feel any guilt over it. However, if the goal calls for someone to be alive, she'll protect them at any cost.

Other: At first I lol'd at 17 years old with a lv 53 salamence... then I realised I needed comparable levels to keep up. :[

psyduck
Migraine (f) Lv 55

floatzel
Lifesaver (m) Lv 57

tentacruel
Kraken's Whip (m) Lv 60

Last edited:
Nice job, all. Everyone is accepted, except Erindor - you need to review the rules a little bit. :3

And... I think Kusa will be my first mate.

Oh shnaz. I was specifically looking for that...

This looks promising...

Name: Aether (Woah! It's not Erindor!)
Weapon(s): Knives, and a double bladed sword (Curved). (Pistol, if allowed, under vest.)

Appearance: Dark hair, a rather large leather jacket (refer to Captain Jack Sparrow). Black leather boots, with a pretty well built, shifty all seeing eyes.

Bio: A problem child, Aether left his hometown and traveled on the mainland. After hopping from town to town for 6 years, came back to port, where he searched for work. He eventually found Edward and the Lady Equivalence

Personality: Lay in the background, jump out of the shadows. Eats you.

Other: If Edward doesn't have a first mate yet, I'm open to take it.

Pokemon:
Umbreon
[Midnight] Umbreon, M. Lv. 56
Espeon
[Erindor~] (Ah, there it is. Can't go one RP without using that name.) M. Lv. 54

Very good. Approved.

I'll update the front page with our members now, and I'm going to close apps for my ship until the other gets more people.

Hope that this will be enough ~

Name: Kenda Aqua
Weapon(s): Twin blade daggers, a Longbow and arrows (she makes this herself).

Appearance: Kenda is averaged height and in good physical condition. She has long black hair that goes several centimetres past her shoulders, but it is often looks shorter because she hides some of it under her navy blue bandana. Her eyes are dark brown and her skin is rather tanned.

Kenda often wear dark coloured shirts and pants. Her two daggers are strapped on either side of her belt; her bow always hangs around her shoulders, and her arrows are always kept in her bag which is with her at all times.

Bio: At the age of seven, Kenda was forced to move away from her beloved port town since her parents believed that living under such stories was a bad influence to her. But the stories never left her; she would from time to time daydream about searching for the treasure in the stories. Years later, Kenda returns back hoping to find someone that was still looking for the treasure, thus joining the St. Virtue.

Sea Lamp was Kenda’s first pokemon while still a Chinchou, she was captured before Kenda had move.

Personality: Kenda is rather quiet around the other crew members at times, and so is frequently found alone with her pokemon. She is always willing to help anyone who needs it. Surprisingly, when she is annoyed or angered in any way is will burst into rage though sometimes she is able to control it. She dislikes the thought of thing another being without reason but is determine to fight when she is needed.

Other: Having been away from her hometown, Kanda has lost most of her pirate terms. Also with any spare time that she has, she will use it by making arrows.

Pokemon:
Lanturn
[Sea Lamp] Lanturn (F) Lvl: 65
Ability: Volt Absorb
Houndoom
[Demon] Houndoom (M) Lvl: 57
Ability: Flash Fire
Taillow
[Ace] Taillow (M) Lvl: 48
Ability: Guts

Ah, Another member to my crew~

Accepted. And welcome to the St. Virtue, where the sinful live. *grin*

LET'S START THIS PARTY!

----

Edward stood at the prow of his ship, a hand on the Seviper head. He was staring out at the sea ahead, Penny the Chatot perched on his shoulder. She would say something in a low voice every so often, shifting in place. Edward reached up and stroked her chin, smiling at her.

"Can you feel it, Penny? We're close, I just know it. That Kirin won't know what hit it." He said, letting her hop into his wrist.

The small bird chirped and took off, perching on a special perch near the mast for her. Edward turned so his back was to the prow.

"We'll get there first, Ming, so don't get your hopes up." He said, even if the person he was speaking too was probably far away.

Last edited:
Aether leaned on the rail. His haired flickered in the wind. "Even after all these years," he said to no one in particular, "It still feels good being on a ship."

He walked over to Midnight, who was dosing in the sun. He ruffled the sleepy Umbreon's head. "Hey there. How are you today." It blinked at him dismissively and went back to sleep.

(BTW, we do have Pokeballs, correct?)

Ming leans on the prow of her ship, her hand resting on the head of the Milotic that it was carved into. She looks out at the sea, the wind blowing through her braided hair. She feels a light weight land on her head. She chukles.

"Budi, you sneaky devil...you seem excited"

Budi the Butterfree hums softly, fluttering his wings.

"Ah...yes, I can feel it too...we're close. Heh, Kirin won't know what hits it when we arrive on the scene"

She pushes off from the prow and turns her back to it, looking at her ship, a grin on her face.

"Edward, you better have something to wipe the tears away when I beat you to the treasure first"

She says this with fierce grin, not caring that the one she was talking to is far away from her boat.

Back
Top Bottom