• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Legend of the Stone Tablet (LST)

What should the school's name be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jason-Kun

Water dripped from the top of a cave, a fierce creature floated in water within the cave. Blue skin glistened in the moonlight, red symbols curved into her body. White underbelly rubbed against the water. This was Kyogre...and she had finally awakened. Kneeling before her was another figure. A small pink body cast in the shadows of the cave. Blue eyes stared into blue eyes. This figure was that of Mew.

"Mew have you brought what I asked for?" The figure asked, glancing around the room with a fearful look on her face. The creature nodded meaningfully, pulling out a box. Hurriedly trying to open it, Mew flushed from embarrassment.

"Here my, my queen. This is the prophecy for which you asked for, is it not?" the creature asked, pulling out a stone tablet. Kyogre nodded in response, eyes going over the tablet. Frowning at the text, she began to read it out loud.

"Disturb not the harmony of Fire, Ice, or Lightning, lest these Titans wreak destruction upon the world in which they clash.
Though the water's Great Guardian shall arise to quell the fighting, alone its song will fail. Thus the Earth shall turn to ash.
O, Chosen One, into thine hands bring together all three. Their treasures combined, tame the beast of the sea."

Mew nodded as the symbols on his queen's back finished glowing, returned to their natural form. " Yes my lady. Ash Ketchum completed that prophecy all those years ago. What is it to you my queen?" he asked of the much larger creature. Kyogre gave the smaller Pokemon a grin, telling him that she knew something he didn't.

"Foolish Mew, do you not know of the truth? There was never any Ash Ketchum. That's just a human bedtime story parents tell their children in order to explain the disappearances of Zapdos, Moltres, and Articuno from their homes. Anyways that's not why you're here. I have a task for you."

"Anything for you my queen." Mew asked, kneeling once more before Kyogre. The female Pokemon sighed, giving the Pokemon a pat on the head.

"My request is simple. I want you to find a strong trainer, one who we can rely on. Have him start of a school for aspiring trainer if you must. This is sure to draw in the six spoken of in the Prophecy. Only then will we be able to find a way to put a stop to this disaster." she responded.

Mew stood in shock. His queen had never relied on the humans for anything. Not even when Teams Aqua and Magma almost destroyed Hoenn all those years ago had she asked for help. Ignoring a sense of foreboding, Mew nodded as he backed out of the cave.

YOUR ROLE IN ALL THIS
It has been roughly a hundred years since this fateful conversation and Mew and Kyogre are still waiting for signs of the six mentioned to show. You on the other hand are young children who have been selected to attend a school for aspiring trainers. Meanwhile six of you have started to uncover secrets about yourself, and you're trying to find out the message behind the stone tablet held in the great hall of the school.

There will be romance, drama, a deep secrets about the school and yourselves to be uncovered. Have fun because this roleplay is what you make it to be. Every little thing you do will affect the outcome of this roleplay. Remember to have fun!

The Sign-ups

You are an aspiring trainer who has been been excited to go on another. Well do to a flaw wether it be in your personality or physical, your parents have forced you to apply for a trainer school located on the beautiful Fullmoon Island. There is of curse a form you must fill out.

Name: This should be simple enough. First and last name.
Age: You are an aspiring trainer between the ages of 10 and 21.
Apperance: How your character looks. Atleast two well written paragraohs.
Personality: A brief summary of how your character acts. Have them come to life! Atleast one and a half paragraphs.
Quirks: What makes your character different? What sets them apart from the others?
Flaw: Why were they sent here? Are the blind? Do they have bad anger management? Expand!
Number: Pick a number between 1 and 459! This number will determine what Pokemon your trainer is given once they enter the academy, as our characters are new to training.
Trainer Type: Does your trainer pick their Pokemon on looks? Attacks? Type: Species? Do tell us.
Letter of Recommendation: This is very important. Have us get to know the character through the eyes of someone else. Have them explain in a brief letter why they feel the school would be good for the child. Please have this be atleast two well written paragraphs. I want to see how others feel about your character.
Dorm Number: Yes this is a boarding school and as such there are dorm rooms. Limit is two characters to a dorm. And yes the dorms ARE co-ed.

Rules

1. Be polite when both in and out of character.
2. No killing another character without permission.
3. No godmodding or powerplaying.
4. Post must be atleast two well-writen paragraphs.
5. Keep everything PG-15. We have kids on the forum!
6. Use proper grammer. No chatspeak. It's annoying and quite frankly it confuses the heck out of me.
7. No perfect characters! Also be original with your characters. I don't want to see 50 emo charaters or 50 perfectly beautiful characters running around.
8. HAVE FUN!

Thank you for reading this long mess of a post. If interested, please fill out a form.

((Note: Legend of the Stone Tablet has all the rp characters and dorms. Will be updated every time new information appears. Go there to check it out.))

((Note: All people from the old rp are accepted unless they don't want to play again, in which case the site will be edited.))

Last edited:
Name: Valkrie Windra
Appearance: Valkrie is Asian, and is just under five feet tall. She has black hair with a few natural brown highlights, worn back, just above her ears. Valkrie usually wears a dark red shirt with no markings except for a small stain, under an open, black hooded jacket. The pants she usually wears are dark brown, and look too big for her. There's a lot of pockets on them, and are somewhat stuffed with bits and pieces of things Valkrie found.

Valkrie doesn't care much for fashion, or fashion sense, and wears what's the most comfortable, or whatever's on hand. In cold weather, she wears a long, black leather jacket over everything else. It looks like a trench coat, but is just a bit big for her.

Personality: Valkrie is laid back, and not very serious. She is goodhumoured, and likes to laugh. She finds the other students stupid, but won't tell anybody. Valkrie is a daydreamer, and doesn't mind other people's opinion of her. She's very protective of people and Pokemon she knows, but around unfamiliar people, she tenses up and becomes sarcastic.

Valkrie likes to spend time in the forests around Fullmoon Island, and hopes for a Flying Pokemon so she can explore the skies one day.

Quirks: None?

Flaw: Valkrie was sent to the school because her mom thought she wasn't perfect, and she wasn't the little Mary Sue she'd always wanted. So she sent her here, to become "more ladylike and polite." Valkrie holds grudges for a long time, and has slight anger issues.
Number: 147. Changed.
Trainer Type: Somewhat looks, but basically, whatever's Dragon type, and/or what's a good type matchup.
Letter of Recommendation:
To whom it may concern,
I would like to enroll Valkrie Windra in your school, as she is very smart, and willing to learn. *(in pencil, written by Valkrie) yeah right, you old hags.* She is extremely active, and explores the wooded area near our home very often. However, her obsession with Dragon Pokemon is going to far. She presses us to let her become a Trainer, but we fear she will hurt herself, and society. *Yeah, just because I like Dragons, moron.* I am sending her to your school, in the hope that she will learn to become more ladylike, and polite. *SCREW YOU!* Please give her a Dragon Pokemon though, I fear she will destroy your school if you do not. We, as Valkrie's parents have great faith in you to raise and teach her better.

Sincerely,
Mr. and Mrs. Windra *The only good thing you ever gave me was my name, you asses.*

Dorm Number: 4. If someone wants to be with Valkrie, ask, but watch out, slight anger problems...

There, done. I decided to add Valkrie's comments on the letter, because her parents are *beeeeeeeep*. She stole the letter and wrote on it, and sent it in anyways... If you want me to take her comments out, say the word. I just found them amusing to write. ^^;

Last edited:
Pending until I get the Letter of Recommendation, although I do so love your profile. EDIT: Is being in room 4, fine with you? The freewebs dorm pqage would be pretty hard to edit if she were in dorm 84.

Last edited:
Yes Stormy, fwee Tala. And what of your co-ownership status? Would you like to keep it or...hand it down to someone else?

Name: Ruby Lehrer
-----
-----
-----
Appearance: He is tall, 6'4". He has eyes that are usually hazel, but if he wears pea green then his eyes turn a deep, handsome green. He is relatively muscular and works out every day. He can bench 100 lbs, just so you know. he has brown hair that is relatively long for a boy. It is a little oily and needs conditioning. He doesn't condition it though, because he doesn't have conditioner to match his special shampoo.
He usually wears a dress suit, with a black tie, coat, pants, fedora, and shoes. He wears a ruby red rose on his collar. His shirt is the whitest white. He keeps pens on the inside pocket. When he isn't wearing his usual suit he wears a deep pea green polo shirt that brings out his eyes. The girls on campus love his eyes, because they are so deep. He wears navy slacks when he wears this shirt, because it is one of the few things he owns that match the shirt.
-----
Personality: He is easily angered, due to his anger management problems(See Flaw). When he is angered he is very aggressive, and will not hesitate to beat you to a pulp. The main reason he works out is to relieve the anger and stress from his poor anger management.
When he is not angered he is quite calm and collected. He is a good friend to have do to his devotion to his friends, and would take a bullet for them. He is intelligent and easily answers most questions in class. He is very chivalrous towards women, and is almost always nice to them, but can be very sarcastic towards them, and others.
-----
Quirks: His brilliant green eyes when he wears pea green. His buffness and his intelligence also.
-----
Flaw: He has bad anger managment that he is learning to control, and never takes it out on girls, because of his chivalrous nature.
-----
Number: 6
-----
Trainer Type: He enjoys fire, psychic, flying, and fighting Pokemon. He likes pokemon that look cool, like Blaziken, and hopes very much to get one in the academy.
-----
Letter of Recommendation: Young Mr. Lehrer is an excellent student and works very hard, and gets good grades. He writes excellent reports and has an average of 95% on his tests. He loves Pokemon with a passion and cannot wait to join your academy and battle there. He is one of my favorite students to teach, as he understands the concepts well and if he doesn't understand something, he will not hesitate to ask for a little more info and then, if he is in need of more help, which is very infrequent, he will waste no more time in class and will come after class and ask for help.
He is talented in fantasy battling, always making choice strategical decisions and always coming out on top, even if he comes back from 1 of his Pokemon vs. 4 enemy Pokemon. He is a very good thinker, who will, instead of going right for the throat, he will toy with the enemy and then take them down swiftly, metaphorically, of course. If I had to rate Mr. Lehrer on a scale of 1 to 10, then I would give him a 9/10.
Yours Very Sincerely and Truly,
Dr. Iain Cromwell
-----
Dorm Number: 7
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, I beleive that we should call it the Ketchum Pokemon Academy/Institute.

Last edited:
Name: Ava Maiyu
Appearance: Ava has long, off-white hair that reaches barely past her shoulders. Her eyes are blue like the ocean, and her skin is pale. She has long arms and legs and a round face.
Ava wears a slightly pointy hat which sags a bit at the top. It is white with a green circle on the front. A set of round glasses is perched atop her nose. She wears a hot pink tank top and blue jeans which barely go halfway past her knees. Ava can get cold easily, so she usually wears a silvery-white jacket.
Personality: Ava is caring and friendly toward people she knows. She is brave and protective, but hostile of strangers. Sometimes she acts paranoid, but is a good friend to have. She often worries about her brother Edward, who stayed behind on the journey.
Ava makes new friends easily, and is calm but sometimes happily dances around. She carries a thick sketchbook and art supplies wherever she goes, safely tucked away in her backpack. She's quirky and sometimes sensitive. Ava sometimes gets jumpy while talking to her friends.
Quirks: Back at home, people teased Ava because of her big glasses and big eyes. She sketches when she's stressed and sometimes when she's supposed to be doing something else.
Flaw: Ava is easily distracted. She doesn't usually pay attention because she's buried in her sketchbook.
Number: 359
Trainer Type: She likes Pokemon that look cool, and also those that are powerful and easy to befriend.

Dear Reader,

I would like to enroll Ava in this school. She is excited to learn to train Pokemon like this, and draws sketches of them all day. She sometimes draws pictures of her favorite Pokemon, Lopunny. I'm afraid if I don't get her in there, she'll (not literally) explode! I can't get her to sit still and she bounces around all day. "Can I train Pokemon?" is the only question she asks, and this will ensure that my answer will finally be yes.
I suspect she will want Lopunny first when she finds out she's going. Ava will be sad about Edward, who is already a Trainer, since she won't be able to see him for awhile. But I think she'll fend well on her own.

Sincerely,

Shirley Maiyu

Dorm Number: Four (4)

Cryptica, you know you have a definate spot, so accepted. iphillip1, you are accepted, although the dorm is pending until XDragonFireX gives a response to my question.

HALLELUJAH! Thank you. I worked for an hour and a half on that, and would have been so dissapointed if I had not been accepted.

All right. I think I'll change my character a bit...

Name: Dawn Amethyst

Appearance: Dawn has very long hair that goes down to her waist. It's hard to comb, but she doesn't mind, and likes to keep her hair neat. Her hair is black with a hint of purple in it, otherwise known as very, very, very dark purple. She had dyed it that way, and especially likes the way it fits her last name. Dawn's eyes are large and blue, twinkling with excitement and wonder about the world and the journey ahead of her. She has lightly colored skin, and a tall, slim build, standing about sixty-one inches tall. Her shirt is an amethyst purple, with aqua blue butterflies scattered all around it, even on the sleeves, ranging in size from half an inch to three inches wide. Dawn's arms are long, and she wears black gloves. The gloves don't really keep her warm, so are just for show.

Dawn's legs are longer than average, and she wears black sweat pants that are slightly too short for her, stopping about a centimeter above her ankle. They have white, vertical stripes along the outside edge, going all the way from top to bottom. She has short, gray socks that just barely can't be seen because of her shoes, which are white with a black streak going across the toe, and they have laces.

Personality: First of all, one thing that makes Dawn stand out is that she loves to comb her hair, and hates getting it dirty. It's very long, which makes it slightly hard, but she really doesn't mind, and her wrists are strong because of this. She spends quite a bit of time each day combing her hair, and over time, she's gained great patience. She doesn't mind waiting for things, as long as she has at least a bit of something to do, like draw in the notebook she carries around. Other than keeping her hair well groomed, her favorite hobby is drawing the Pokemon that she sees. She usually spends at least an hour on them, and is especially careful with the outlines.

Dawn is careful, making sure she doesn't make mistakes along the way of anything. She's also outgoing, agreeing to almost anything, and easily adjusts to sudden changes. This makes her flexible in both ways, so to speak. Potentially, Dawn is smart, but she tends to overlook things often, and misses important things that she would see otherwise. It appears that the cause is that she's rather jumpy, emotional, easily startled and upset, so she would prefer if others would watch what they say around her, and she sometimes has trouble making friends properly. However, she doesn't like to judge others, and always stands up for those who are close, which might help.

She also likes playing the flute, and she's been doing it for two years.

Quirks: Intense care about her hair, and she usually pays attention to it. She also draws in her notebook.

Flaw: She's emotional, and also overlooks things often, even though she's potentially a genius. Also, she's distracted easily, which is also a quirk.

Number: 308.

Trainer Type: She tends to like pretty Pokemon, and Normal-types, also.

Dear Sir or Madam;

I would like to enroll my child, Dawn Amethyst, in your academy, to learn how to train Pokemon. She's been excited for a long time, but she's also been being distracted a lot, so I think you should be careful with that. She's a very smart young one, but overlooking things is her flaw, so I just want to make sure she'll be comfortable at your academy. Dawn may be distracted easily, but if things are worded right, she pays attention with all her heart! I hope she has a good time with you, learning about her favorite Pokemon, especially Glameow and Purugly. She's always been into Normal-types, even after seeing much more powerful Pokemon. She apparently doesn't like to judge others, so I'm sure she'll do well.

Sincerely,

Luna Amethyst

Dorm Number: 3

Last edited:
You get your Pokémon at the school. ((Geez, I thought the sign-up made that clear.)) and I'm updating the site now, except for I can't edit the dorm page or add your character or XDragonFireX's until I clear which dorm they're in, which means XDragonFireX needs to post, confirming if she's okay with being in a dorm other than 4 or not, since it's only two to a dorm, and I was thinking of putting her character in dorm 4 before you came along.

..There's supposed to be a space between the two? I was always under the assumption that the word atleast was a compound word and therefore didn't need a space.

At least is two words. Firefox has spell check, and when you had Atleast in the form it gave me a dotted red line under the word. Wait, were you being sarcastic?

Hmm, well, I assumed that. Spell check is one of the many perks of Firefox. It was kind of hard to tell if you were being sarcastic or not, I suppose I've been spending too much time in the Coughing Cupboard and Debating Hall. Well, now you know! 2 Words.

Back
Top Bottom