• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What would you do if you were terminally ill?

Ayame

Weeping Willow Pines.
If you were terminally ill or diagnosed with brain cancer, what would you do?
I guess you could milk it for all it was worth, doing everything you'd ever wanted to, but it's not going to be that convenient or glamorous. :/
If you had something that would really make you deteriorate and lose a lot of your humanity, what would you do?

If I got diagnosed with brain cancer, I might just kill myself right then and there. Some people do survive (my cousin did), but it kills so many people that it's not funny and I really wouldn't want to die alone in a hospital bald and weakened from chemotherapy. I also wouldn't want to go through with it even if I did live and was used as an example of strength.

Yeah, I'm such a fighter.

Anyways, this thread will fill up quickly with dark things, but I don't care.

If I were terminally ill... "imagines self jumping off bridge" The end :/ really, I would, or order some of that medicine for assisted suicide (measure 1000) It's poison.

If I were terminally ill... "imagines self jumping off bridge" The end :/ really, I would, or order some of that medicine for assisted suicide (measure 1000) It's poison.

Good idea. I'd probably go on a nice trip to San Francisco... :)
No, more realistically I'd die at home.
About the medicine- would your parents actually let you order it? I know they might respect your decision, but they might also freak out and get upset.
Even though just killing yourself is sudden and that "medicine" (well, it's technically medicine, but it doesn't make you better so my mind is having a weird time grouping it as such) probably makes it more bearable and less painful, my parents would never let me get any, and it would hurt them for me to ask.

I'd probably become very honest; what can I lose?

Good idea. I'd probably go on a nice trip to San Francisco... :)
No, more realistically I'd die at home.
About the medicine- would your parents actually let you order it? I know they might respect your decision, but they might also freak out and get upset.
Even though just killing yourself is sudden and that "medicine" (well, it's technically medicine, but it doesn't make you better so my mind is having a weird time grouping it as such) probably makes it more bearable and less painful, my parents would never let me get any, and it would hurt them for me to ask.

I'd probably become very honest; what can I lose?

Probably not :/ But whatever, I might guilt trip them "ooh the pain...suffering..."

I'd attempt to defy all the odds because I'm endlessly optimistic like that. GIVING UP IS NOT AN OPTION

But I'm incredibly unlikely to get brain cancer, so I never really thought about it.

I would pretend nothing was wrong and act like normal, only telling the person I love. I would not want to draw attention to myself or let anyone else know about it. And I would fight my hardest to pull through.

Has anyone read Before I Die by Jenny Downham? It's an absolutely fantastic read and very inspirational :3

I'd travel and see as much for the world as possible, I guess. I'd also want to live for as long as I possibly could; if my days were numbered, the last thing I'd want to do would be to decrese them further. Pain's just proof you're alive, and there's plenty of time for numbness when you're dead.

This is definitely a hypothetical question.

- Try to dream at least one more time and say goodbye to... I can never finish sentences like these. It's all too much. I thought I said goodbye to him once, but that's off topic.

- Go to Japan.

- Other than that, I don't know.

Spill all my secrets to my friends, tell my crush I like him etc. I'm a lot more open if no one can comment to me after I die. Then after telling people stuff, getting insurance and everything I would probably go suicide.

Spend every last second with my boyfriend or family. If it became too painful or difficult, then I might opt for euthanasia or something, but, eh.

I would live normally. I'll take my things to the grave, thank you very much. If it became extremely painful and unbearable, I might tell someone. I might try kill myself, but I'm too afraid too.

Last edited:
If I were struck with terminal illness...

Well, if it were simply cancer, then I would try and fight and before I did die/get too weak, I would try to convince my parents to let me fly to California. The southern part, to be more specific. My reasoning is very personal though.

If it were a disease that would slowly chip away at my humanity, I would kill myself then and there, while I still had it [humanity]. I'd write a note, explaining why I'd done it and listing precisely who I'd want told so it would at least soften the impact a little.

Yeah.

Depends on what the illness was, but if I could still move I'd visit the most beautiful places I could.
Oh, and probably just eat whatever I want, drink whatever I want and probably try some drugs. I don't care about side effects, I'm going to die anyway.

But if it was a pain in the ass illness like tuberculosis I wouldn't be able to do much except travel while my lungs shoot out of my mouth. Leprosy's a pretty horrible illness too.

I'd probably ask to be euthanized if the illness got really painful. Or if I became like, tetraplegic or something.

First off, I'd assault the doctor for telling me in the first place. I prefer not knowing what my death clock is at, kthx. Second, I'd live life like I always do. I'm content with things now, I won't even tell anyone about it. Why bother? People live, people die, they fade into obscurity, then disappear forever.

Realistically speaking, if I were terminally ill I'd probably be confined to a hospital bed for my final days.

So, cough, throw up and bleed, I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom