• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

In Progress Tell Me What You Think Of This Story Idea...

cillian_murphy_fangirl

I Like My Coffee Black Just Like My Metal
Alright, so I've got this new idea for a novel, which I've been playing around with for a while. So, let me know what you think of it.

The novel is titled Cubicles, at least until I can come up with a better name.

Jonathan had a pretty mundane life working at the office, until he accidently clicked on an advertisement containing a virus that ruins the computer he was working on, causing him to get fired. Once he is fired he's very upset, since he had grown so used to working at the office, so he spends most of his time at home sulking. Then an odd letter comes in the mail, containing little more than the name Kale Roberts and a phone number, there isn't even a return address. So, Jonathan ignores it. After several days the same letter keeps showing up in the mail, so whoever it is must be desperate to get a hold of him. Finally he decides to call the number in the letter, and someone (probably Kale Roberts) answers the phone only to give him an address. Again, Jonathan procrastinates until finally he goes to the address. At the house is Kale Roberts, Kale has Jonathan do several odd tasks for no apparent reason. Once he finishes the tasks Kale reveals his reason for the tasks. Kale is schizophrenic, he has been since he was eighteen, and he needed Jonathan's help to assasinate someone who worked with Jonathan at his old job in the office. But the person Kale wants to assasinate was close friends with Jonathan (which is probably why Kale chose Jonathan to assasinate him in the first place), so now Jonathan must stop the assasination without the police knowing he helped set it up in the first place.

That's all I have so far. I've been studying schizophrenia for several days now, and I still have plenty of details to sort out such as the tasks Kale sets up for Jonathan. I also am trying to decide a reason for Kale to want to assasinate Jonathan's friend. Just give me any helpful hints, critique, or whatever else you have to say to me.​

Wait, the story idea's good and everything but is there a reason as to why he has to be schizophrenic? 85% of all schizophrenics aren't violent.
What type of schizophrenic would he be? I'm guessing paranoid, but still, just curious.
Is he medicated?

Wait, the story idea's good and everything but is there a reason as to why he has to be schizophrenic? 85% of all schizophrenics aren't violent.
What type of schizophrenic would he be? I'm guessing paranoid, but still, just curious.
Is he medicated?

Kale is a violent schizophrenic because he was horribly abused as a child, which led to him developing schizophrenia.
He was medicated, but stopped with the medication because his wife claimed it made him seem like someone completely different than who he was, finally Kale's wife left which caused him to stop with the medication and no longer hold back on his violent behavior as he had when he was married.

Well, 'violent schizophrenic' isn't really a type of schizophrenia. You have paranoid schizophrenia, disorganized (hebephrenic), catatonic schizophrenia, undifferentiated schizophrenia (when symptoms are present but the person can't be placed in one of the three previous categories) and residual schizophrenia (where there are several symptoms but not very strong). A person within these types can be violent (again, only fifteen per cent of all schizophrenics are violent), usually the paranoid type, and sometimes the disorganized type.

And I don't get that last paragraph at all. Kale stopped taking the medication because his wife told him to (she apparently wants to make him miserable?) and when she left he stopped again and became violent (again)?

Back
Top Bottom