• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Your Character Archetype & Party Role?

surskitty

「にがいのは いやだ」って…
Pronoun
they
Just wondering what you think you'd be in a fantasy RPG-type-thing. Or want to be. Also general character personality archetypes!

Tsundere-esque mage (buffs/debuffs mainly, with up to upper/mid-level healing and attack spells for the end-game) with, of course, absolutely no defense or physical attack worth mentioning, except in CHARACTERS NOT TO USE FOR A NO-MAGIC CHALLENGE.

I wouldn't have a romantic subplot: instead, maxed affection points would likely lead to... idk. declaration of BEST FRIENDS FOREVER and then subsequent pantsing of the main character's Token Love Interest. There would probably be subtext with the party's yandere and, in fact, half of the party.

WHAT ABOUT YOU GUYS

ETA: FEWER LINKS PLOX

Last edited:
I'd probably be a comedically-used Dirty Coward who acts all big and tough up until I'm faced with an actual fight. Perhaps a particularly wimpy variation of the Gentleman Thief who's so good at running away that they don't even know what the hell they're supposed to do if they're caught? I sure as hell wouldn't be able to fight. I'd probably be a character that people either like or find really fucking annoying. xD

Last edited:
As a Party Role; Spellcasting Fencer, fight things off with a Light Weapon and Buckler, and if necessary, cast Offencive, Status or Self-Buffing Spells. Defensive stats would be mediocre though.

Dunno about Character Role, though, my personality changes like the phases of the moon.

Maybe the Covert Pervert , Dark Shocktail could agree with me on this. I could argueably say I'm the Vegeta and Kakarot as well.

Last edited:
Gee, I gotta think about this...I can't seem to find any tropes that fit me very well.

I guess I'm the Perky Goth who has more than a touch of Cloudcuckoolander. Also has a very, very mild case of Type B Tsundere behavior. However, I probably won't have a romantic subplot, and if I do, it'll be with the team's supporting "geeky" character, and it will be relatively drama-free.

As far as actual combat skills, though, I'd probably be close to a Bard from D&D, as in I can do a little bit of everything, but no one thing particularly well (and there's nothing wrong with that! D:<). I'd probably be a bit more defensive, focusing mostly on buffs/debuffs, and I'd wield a heavy, powerful weapon, like a morningstar.

A mix of Broken Hero and Bishonen pretty much defines me as a person.

DEFINITELY not a physical attacker type - if I have to be given a weapon, it'd be a staff/rod/magicky thing. Being a black mage type is wishful thinking; I'm more likely to be a white mage, with lots of healing, buffs and an ultimate limit-break-style attack where I summon Cthulhu or some awesome shit like that.

I'd probably not be a main character. Certainly not any romantic subplots, unless there's an extremely cruel, vicious and sadistic female black mage in the party, in which case I become her bitch. If there's no aforementioned black mage, then I probably end up being the bitch/guardian of any lolimages that wind up in the party.

Anyone who's played Fire Emblem might be familiar with Rhys, the wimpy healer who takes five million years to gain exp and ends up with light magic and nothing else. That's me in a nutshell.

I'd probably be a Trickster (NotSo)Stoic (the last paragraph before the next heading) My fighting style is very similar to a Monk from the Final Fantasy series. I use my legs and fists in combat, and I'd probably have a rage bar that fills up to show how strong my attack will be. (Like some of those games where you have to hit a certain point to do well at all)

I'd probably either be a guest or at most an unlockable. I highly doubt I'd be a main character, let alone even used, since people usually don't like my kind of character xD

However, I'd love to be an Improbable Weapon User xD

Last edited:
I believe I'm the Scythe wielding Necromancer that can summon the spirits of the damned to do my bidding.

I summon them around this time to wander the streets, putting Christmas hats on the scared human beings on the sidewalks and alley ways. They aren't really evil, just a mindless horde that does my bidding.

So, I'm not a "Good" guy, nor am I "Evil" per say. I'm just someone you don't want to tick off *grin*

I'd WANT to be:

I'd be a talking animal that whips it good. I'd be the smart guy and a jerk with the heart of gold. Probably a nurse with good intentons (Heck, it'd be nice to be a Hello Nurse), the strange girl, and the Tsundre.

I can't imagine that you're a very good one.

psst guys if you try to describe yourself as funny or smart, you probably aren't :(

also note the eta :( DO YOU ACTUALLY NEED LINKS FOR THINGS LIKE "DEADPAN SNARKER" (no, not really: everyone knows what 'deadpan' and 'snark' mean)

Back
Top Bottom