• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Aperture Science or Black Mesa?

Which is best?

• Total voters

Erindor the Espeon

How do you do? Pleased to meet you. I'm Erindor.
So, which of the Orange Box science labs is better?

I've only played Portal, but seeing my brother play Half-Life 2 was pretty sweet. Though, I've grown more attached to Aperture Science and the turrets. <3

So you decide: Portal, or Half-Life?

(BTW: It is confirmed. They are coming out with a second Portal game. :D)

Whoever the hell controls RED and BLU. Nothing is more badass than sicking your own workers on each other.

Portal but Black Mesa.

Not exactly sure why. Portal probably because I like most FPS that don't have actual guns in it. Plus the whole portal thing is a bonus.

Black Mesa is what I'm not sure about. Maybe because they get more funding? That and we only really know about one of aperture's buildings and the Borealis, we haven't seen much of that one building other than test chambers and out-of-the-way places. And practically anything of the Borealis. Black Mesa on the other hand, we've seen a lot of their complex in Half Life, and their new base in Half Life 2. We know at least some of the people who have work(ed) there as well. Also Black Mesa isn't a shower curtain company and wasn't run by some psychopath (well, before the incident at least).

EDIT: On the subject of Portal, I really need a new computer for games, because the portals with me don't look very nice compared to those I see in YouTube videos.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake. And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun, for the people who are STILL ALIVE~

Also Black Mesa isn't a shower curtain company and wasn't run by some psychopath (well, before the incident at least).
You're saying that's not a pro?

EDIT: I'm not sure if I would call GLaDOS a psychopath, being an artificial intelligence and all, and the founder of Aperture is never mentioned to be one, either...

Hmm. Actually, I think I worded that incorrectly; what I'm trying to say is that a shower curtain company run by a psychopath would be infinitely more interesting!

Well, yes, I'd have to agree there.

Still, Aperture isn't that interesting seeing as how they didn't almost cause all life on Earth to be killed.
That, and we don't know much about what happened to Aperture since 1996 when GLaDOS got turned on. I'm not sure when the Black Mesa incident happened, but at least we know what happened to cause it and what happened to some of the staff. With Aperture, all we know is that GLaDOS turns on, and some amount of time later, the labs are apparently deserted and Chell wakes up.

In my opinion explosions, aliens and saving the earth are more interesting than a crazy bit of AI. Although I still like not-actual-guns like the portal device better than gun-guns.

You've got to wonder why Aperture made their turrets to polite.

Also, whoo christmastime at Aperture.

Back
Top Bottom