• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Odd Coincidences

Darksong

Back in action!
Has anything weird ever occurred to you that turned out to be a coincidence of some sort?

The most exciting one is the one that Cryptica and I had, when our friend told us about a dream that she had. It was a Warriors/Naruto crossover, with all the Naruto characters as cats, containing events from the story around the Sasuke Retrieval Squad. The only thing?

She hardly knows a single bit about Naruto.

Yes.

We asked her a whole bunch of questions like:

Me: Was there ever a time when the shadow-controlling cat was sitting in the middle of the dome, looking down and holding its hands together in a circle shape?
Friend: Yep.

Me: At any point did it look like a boulder came out of the dome?
Friend: Yep.

Me: Tell me if any of these names sound familiar. (Says names of the STS, along with Sasuke, the Akatsuki, Zabuza, etc.)
Friend: The shadow-controlling cat shouted all of the names you just said.

We were all "O.O" the whole time.

There's been a few times where I've turned on the radio and found that there was no sound coming from it (like they were having problems with the equipment or somebody just forgot to play the next song), and then the very next song they played was the same one that had popped into my head a few seconds earlier.

Let's see...

Once the Two Ronnies was about to come on, and I was thinking about the Rook sketch, and an instant later lo and behold it was the first one on.

That's it really.

One night, I was out having dinner with my family, and I was telling my sis about a cool version of "On Broadway" that I had heard on the radio earlier that day. Seconds later, the same song comes on over the restaurant PA.

This was with me and one of my friends laying on the trampoline one day, relaxing after jumping around on it.

Me: Hey, that cloud looks like Mewtwo!
Friend: o.o It does.
*cloud shifts*
Friend: Now what does it look like?
Me: *looks really hard* The face of death.
*cloud shifts into the word DEATH*
Both of us: O.O

When I flipped on the TV to watch some Air Farce, I was thinking about the episode where all the party leaders were crying over something in a mockery of Hillary Clinton. Then guess what. Same episode.

Once I was singing Spongebob's Best Day Ever song at a birthday party with my friends, and the next day, when I turned the TV on, it was that episode. Creepy.

^similar incident happened to me. I was talking to my girlfriend about how my favouite episode of Spongebob was the Training Video episode. Guess what came on a little bit later?

This morning, I was listening to a radio show. They were talking about what majors in college contained the most virgins (for guys) and the most whores (girls). I commented to myself (I was alone) that Art majors are pretty easy. Note: Never had experience with an Art major girl. Guess who was riiight?

Once, when I was 9, I was watching the travel channel. I was thinking about the Taj Mahal. Guess what? That day's episode is about India.

Darksong and I made up a song (or part of one) about Subway (the restaurant) to the tune of Winter Wonderland. When we get to Starbucks, guess what was playing on the music machine.

A few years ago, I was playing Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team, and I decided that that day I would give up trying to get the Legendary Birds after one more go on each of them. I had been struggling for ages. I recruited them all in one hour.

Almost every time I think about a certain episode of a TV show, it ends up being the next one I watch. Almost every time a song is stuck in my head, it comes up on my iPod.

Back when I used to watch The Simpsons, I always thought about a particular episode that I liked in the morning. And that evening, the one that was on TV always seemed to be the one I was thinking about that morning.

Last night I was writing in my LJ about someone I used to know, because I'd been thinking about him for days, when suddenly I find out that he's been in contact with someone close to me for a few days. Although I'm not sure that's a coincidence... <.<

weird things, coincidential or not happen to me a lot that i'm not even sure if i exist on this plane anymore... :|

to stay on topic though, here's one: i was 8, in a grocery store. big brother asked me to detect with my "ultra-awesome smell" where daddy was, of course i gave a bogus answer - "meat" (human sense of smell is almost vestigial). he was like "stfu. are you sure you're not just saying that out of spite?" and i said yeah, so we rushed to the meat section and there he was.

purely coincidential in nature. but i've had even weird things happen to me before.

I can't remember any 'odd' ones right now, the best time to remember is right after saying them...

Well I said 196 was going to be my lucky number and 196 is Espeon's number in the National dex and Espeon is one of my favorite Pokemon of all time. Not too odd. Just random.

At some time when I didn't have Leafgreen...

EeveeSkitty: I want to play on a LEAFGREEN and stuff! RAWR!

Some random half friend guy: Hey, guess what ES I got Pokemon Leafgreen ^_^

EeveeSkitty: :D Cool...nice...AWESOME I WANNA TURN!

SRHFG: Yeah, I need help beating Misty.

ES: Jackpot.

Awefully stupid random and other randomly stupid stuffs but it's all I can think of right now as my mind is once again in a 'THINK ABOUT POKEMON ES' mood.

Um, a couple of years ago, me and my friend were trying to guess the result of the Football World Cup (even though we're not big football fans). We ended up with France vs. Italy, with Italy winning. Of course it didn't happen, but four years later, what do you know? It happened! o_O

Oh oh oh. I've got one.

Now one day during the summer, me and a friend were talking, and he mentioned something about wanting to put up a vid of him and a friend of his dancing to the song Shut Up and Drive. Or it was something along those lines.

Now since I have summer school and all, I had to go the next day. My teachers like to keep the radio on in class before everyone comes in and a few minutes after I do.

Now, the conversation me and my friend had the night before crossed my mind as I was opening the door. Particularly the part about the vid. And when I open the door, you know what comes on?

Yup.

I was on the stairs at school thinking "thank god I have never fallen"*falls*

I was thinking about this song then i suddenly herd it from downstairs

I was thinkinh about the time i dedeted one of jacks vids.1 hour later 37 of his vids are deleted,this happend today

meh

Back
Top Bottom