• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Kingdom

Re: Pokémon Kingdom

Advertising Guidelines said:
Do not advertise your site while there is nothing on it yet. There is not much point in getting visitors if they have nothing to view on the website and leave right away.

Your site sucks. Here's why! said:
2 It's not finished.
I don't want to see your work in progress. Sites are never done, but something that's not even started is not worth advertising. If you are asking for help or feedback, this is not the right place to do it. Also, if you have an 'under construction' sign, I will find you and beat you with it.

Uh, this has nothing on it apart from four sprites and a couple descriptions. Might want to finish it before you advertise it. Also, why on earth is it spelt PokA(C)mon Kingdom?

Last edited:

It's not a glitch. An é always shows up as A(C) because it can't be used wherever...

EDIT: Didn't Butterfree already tell you that you don't sponsor TCoD and vice versa?

Sharing links on a site is something both of them agree on. Unless you put them as reccomended or Personal Favorites, otherwise you're crossing a line =/

Some of the links redirect to sign ups for Webs.

It's plain that some of the pages are just defaults proved by the host, as they clearly state that "this is for you to do this!"

The stuff in 'Descriptions on Pokémon stuff' is spelt wrong. I canz be fussy about spelling and grammar sometimes~

On the front page it has three 'Insert your own image here' images~

Everything else has been said-ified ^_^

OK I'm outta here.

Terry, the Contact page asks for a phone number. Do you think anyone would enter their telephone number to talk to a person they don't even know?

It's still there. And it isn't a very interesting place, all one colour. And if its about your Pokémon Ruby Hack, why don't you tell us all about it?

I don't have time to crit the whole site right now, so for now I'll just say this: since the é won't show up correctly, I think it would look nicer if you just used a normal e rather than having the A(c) show up. At least then the word is spelt correctly, minus the accent.

The site is unfinished. Many links lead to an external website, unaffiliated sites are linked in the Favorite Links page, and the forums are incomplete and have no registered members. I like the colors used, and this site could have some potential, but it needs new and unique content. Might I suggest a web comic, or a media archive?

unaffiliated sites are linked in the Favorite Links page
This is fine; he's just linking to his favorite sites, not claiming that they support him or anything.

I'm not familiar with how the Freewebs templates work, but the website's title has a lot of unnecessary banner around it. Try making the banner shorter; it eats up a lot of room on the page and makes it look less professional.

Like everyone else has been saying, there's really not a lot on your site. You have more sprites than that; why aren't more of them up there? It'd give viewers more to look at. And the videos page is empty; I'd suggest adding some now or taking the page down until you have some. No one likes to look at an empty page.

What is the "new game" the Descriptions page talks about? That could be interesting; maybe you could make more pages about that?

Uh, a few pointers on the Favorites Links page. First off, have it so that the links will read like The Cave of Dragonflies , instead of http://www.dragonflycave.com/pokesite.aspx; it's more appealing, and organized that way, and have in a smaller text under the link, another link for the forums, if you recommend the forums. Also state reasons why you recommend those site. Does it have original content? Is it an excellent newsource? Or is it simply a great way to kill time? Possibly you could have a disclaimer that you're not affliated with those sites, but just recommend that you should visit those sites.

(THIS IS NOT A BUMP)
I added a new page, and it's now Gamer's Kingdom. I need to add 17 ways to whack your boss (cartoon violence, involves blood, maybe rated 15+ but I play it)
I won't add it, I guess.
I'll add tCoD's Pokémon Hangman (with credit), and maybe stuff you'd like (as well as my mates like)

Back
Top Bottom