• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

How many Shiny Pokemon do you have?

How many Shinies do you have?

• 0-10

Votes: 204 87.6%
  • 11-20

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • 21-30

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • 31 or over

Votes: 13 5.6%

• Total voters
I've never even seen a shiny pokemon.

And I've been playing since Blue first came out in the U.S.

But then again, I've never really gotten the technical aspect of the game, so maybe that's more my fault.​

I have two: A Wingull from the GTS on Diamond and a Solrock on Ruby.

iris_iris: If you've only been playing blue you won't have seen any shiny Pokémon as they weren't introduced until gold and sliver.
Even on the later games they are very rare and it's possible to play for years without finding any.

Let's see:

Shiny pikachu (fire red)
Shiny chatot (pearl)
Shiny n unoun (pearl)
Shiny pachirisu (got off the gts, looks hacked [all ivs where 0])
3 shiny floatzels (from gts)
Shiny empoleon (gts)
Three shiny spearow (one gtsed, one from firered, one from leaf green)
Shiny dustox. (emerald)

I could count again to make sure, but I can't be bothered.

I've seen a shiny Onix on a silver rom, a Zubat in Sapphire, an Aron n sapphire (which I caught but then I restarted that game), and of course the Red Gyarados and the Espeon in Trainer Tower.

I can't tell you how many times I've had chains of 40+ on Diamond and searched for a shiny for ages with no luck.

Like 2... one very hacked Espeon from the GTS, and one Kyogre which I got in a FC trade...

I've seen a green Ursaring in Gold, but I managed to faint it...

Other than the shiny Gyarados, one. A shiny Castform which I got from Kai.

I got a whole bunch off of GTS (I really don't care if they're hacked or not as long as I didn't do it), but I've caught three: Shuppet in Emerald, Spearow in FireRed, and Heracross in LeafGreen.

Dratini, Diglett, Pidgeotto and I've seen a Hariyama.

time psyduck: s/he means that s/he's been playing pokemon since blue came out, and still hasn't seen a shiny.

Hmm... from oldest to newest:

Kimimaro, a shiny Marowak. Found during a walk around Sevault Canyon, in LeafGreen, caught as a Cubone, then evolved.
SANDSHREW, a shiny Sandshrew. Caught west of Cerulean City, in LeafGreen, (Can't remember if he or Kimimaro was first.)
Lemon-Lime, a shiny Tauros. Caught east of Hearthome City in Diamond, on the second Tauros of a chain.
Nefertiti, a shiny Shinx. Go figure. Caught in Diamond while going towards the Pokémon Center after EV training a Gible.

I've also seen a shiny Poochyena in Emerald. I caught it but restarted. I also once caught a shiny Bellsprout in LeafGreen, but as far as I remember, I restarted that file too. D:

I had two on Diamond, a Bidoof and a Tentacool, but I restarted that game. I had a Zigzagoon on Sapphire once, but I accidentally released it.

I just remembered another. I got a shiny Pichu from the egg you get given by the daycare people when you first talk to them, in Crystal.

I had two on Diamond, a Bidoof and a Tentacool, but I restarted that game. I had a Zigzagoon on Sapphire once, but I accidentally released it.

And you did it for me. XD Im sorry! Think about msn. Think my pokemon pearl, Which I still havnt got far on. Think infernape. (Infantrape)

Sorry guys, Inside joke. Anyway. Ive had many. All due to a glitch on my fire-red, I dunno if its mine or all. I got a female shiny magikarp. AND YOU SAY THE OLD ROD IS USELESS ZIM. And a shiny ditto. The ditto makes 1/3 of the eggs its bred with shiny for some reason. - freaked out - I restarted for all shiny legendaries, and bred a shiny charmander female. - proud nod -

Back
Top Bottom