• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

pokemon yellow revamp challenge

yes i have decided to be stupid and am attempting to revamp every sprite from pokemon yellow
my progress so far!
29/151 complete
yeah that's it i suppose! you can tell me what ones you'd like revamped i guess but i'm just doing whatever sprites i feel like at the moment

Last edited:
Those look pretty nice so far!

You should do the Poliwag line next, I think.

Good luck!

(Oh yeah, on the Gengar, just fill it back in with a black paint bucket.)

Hardly anyone ever manages these things, but kudos for trying ^^ And your revamps are quite good. :3 Raichu especially.

I've done Charizard and Eevee and probably a couple others, although you already have an Eevee and it looks like Charizard is the next thing you'll be doing and it sounds like you're doing them all yourself anyway. Good luck~

Hardly anyone ever manages these things, but kudos for trying ^^ And your revamps are quite good. :3 Raichu especially.

I've done Charizard and Eevee and probably a couple others, although you already have an Eevee and it looks like Charizard is the next thing you'll be doing and it sounds like you're doing them all yourself anyway. Good luck~

True, but he only has to do 150, not 493+ alt forms, so it's possible.

True, but he only has to do 150, not 493+ alt forms, so it's possible.

*she
anyway, i've done nidorino, poliwag and mew since my last post, i have a starmie and vulpix work in progress also
yellownidorino.gif
yellowpoliwag.gif
yellowmew.gif

I'm really fond of these, especially since Yellow was my first game, and has wonderous sprites. The Nidorino looks really nice, though he seems to be lacking some shading behind his left ear, and his horn is a bit oddly shaped. Mew is more adorable than it's usually. Uh, may I suggest a Sandshrew to revamp, once you finish Vulpix and Starmie, because Sandshrew is one of my favorite sprites of Yellow.

Wow, that was pretty fast for revamps. And they look good!

And yeah, I like the yellow sandslash too. You should do it next!

another minor update, revamped vulpix and starmie
yellowvulpix.gif
yellowstarmie.gif

i'll do some more of your suggestions tomorrow, it's getting pretty late here now

(btw guys remember this isn't a request thread, don't ask for a sprite because i'm only finishing them for the challenge, not for you)
all i've done so far today is charizard and sandshrew
yelowcharizard.gif
yellowsandshrew.gif

i'm not particularly fond of the charizard

(btw guys remember this isn't a request thread, don't ask for a sprite because i'm only finishing them for the challenge, not for you)
all i've done so far today is charizard and sandshrew
yelowcharizard.gif
yellowsandshrew.gif

i'm not particularly fond of the charizard
Me neither. If you can, try and refine the flame.

Back
Top Bottom