• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon World(working title)

Valerunner

Probably shouldn't be here.
Pronoun
She/her
Right, I've finally had an idea for a new fangame, which involves all 4 regions and a sandbox-style gameplay(basically free-roaming). I have an initial plan for the whole thing, but I've never done this before so I need all the help I can get.

Right now I need:
  • Someone who can tutor me in RGSS
  • References for the map of the Sevii Islands, Kanto, Johto, Orange Islands and Hoenn

EDIT: Right, I have a mock-up!
mockuphd1.png

Yes, it's a bit lonely. The bottom will be used the same way as DS emulators with the mouse, and the one I made here is a revamped PokeGear.

MOAR EDIT: Changed engines from Sphere to RPG Maker XP to see if I have any luck.

EVEN MOAR EDIT: Download link for what I've done so far.

Last edited:
Sounds (and looks!) really awesome! I don't like the post GSC games because you can't go back to any previous region anymore =(

The first time I checked the map in Silver (on the KANTO part) I went "oh no! Not ANOTHER world I have to get used to-hey.. That looks familiar.. OMG!! The old world is back! SUPER!!" So then I kinda expected them all to go back. ..but they didn't =(

Please make this game, so I can still get my wish.. I wish I could help, but I'm only just beginning to understand spriting, so I would be rather a trouble than a help.

Good luck anyway!!

Xx Raika

How do you open Rar. files? Do you need some kind of program to run them?

If I can't find a way to open it, I'll ask for a zip.'d version.

Although usually you need a special program, as Winzip doesn't unzip .rar files. Try googling a universal tool, like IZARC or 7zip.

Although usually you need a special program, as Winzip doesn't unzip .rar files. Try googling a universal tool, like IZARC or 7zip.
Or WinRAR. It's essentially an upgrade.

Anyway, I need severe help organizing things. First off, coding and such. Everything in the file is from the Pokemon essentials and I've no idea how to use it or anything. Second, the intro. I'm trying to make a sort of a Mystery Dungeon questionnaire with a bunch of questions to determine where the player will start.

I'd suggest not including the Orange Islands.

Mainly because they fall into the "anime-only extra junk" category, like all those random one-episode towns/cities that just kind of sprouted up out of nowhere in Kanto... but also, their existence kind of clashes with the Sevii Islands (both are "the island chain south of Kanto," both had an appearance by Lorelei or a nonsensically renamed version of her, both have a Lugia island, etc.)

Plus they don't exist in the game universe, so there really isn't any detailed map to go by when making them... even revamping Johto's G/S/C maps to fit the 3rd-gen style seems like it would be easy compared to converting a bunch of gimmicky one-episode islands into something that would work in the games.

I think Grimdour may have given up on this; he has no updates, and it looks like this thread was revived.

And in case he hasn't, when you load your game and click new game; it just gives a picture of the right side of a room and doesn't do anything.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom