• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Bugs flying everywhere.

Valerunner

Probably shouldn't be here.
Pronoun
She/her
Right, first a bug where I can't post anything in the Sprites forum and now that single post has now turned into 3 that I can't delete for some reason. And another one with the User CP. It goes through a phase where it won't even let me in. A database error keeps popping up. Yay.

Same happened to me yesterday. I tryed accesing my CP and whoo database error. I try to access my profile and whoo database error.

I wonder if Butterfree is trying to do something to the forum.

Same happened to me yesterday. I tryed accesing my CP and whoo database error. I try to access my profile and whoo database error.

I wonder if Butterfree is trying to do something to the forum.
Hopefully it's just another hack that she's twiddling with.

That was happening to me all throguh yesterday evening and this morning, but not just in sprites, everywhere. I was trying to post a new thread and it didn't work, but when it did it had about twenty identical posts in it.

I'm sure everything's under control.

Actually, irritatingly enough, I'm not at home and that's why I haven't even been able to look into what the hell is going on.

Worst-case scenario is that vBulletin crashes again.

If that happens we'll have our third vB crash. We may as well return to Invisionfree; it's quite reliable and as I've found out, very easy to update and hack without any repercussions.

If that happens we'll have our third vB crash. We may as well return to Invisionfree; it's quite reliable and as I've found out, very easy to update and hack without any repercussions.

How about it? I don't even remember why we moved.

All back to normal so far on my end. I managed to post something and not disconnect or anything.

How about it? I don't even remember why we moved.
Uh. Invisionfree is remotely hosted. It can't be hacked at all, doesn't have nearly all the features (it doesn't have special markers for topics you've posted in, for instance, and no integrated style switcher), and has forced advertisements. Not to mention that it's not as if any posts and accounts could be moved back there. And what the hell, third? o_O The database was only wiped once; where are you getting the second time from? Even aside from that, that was only thanks to a misunderstanding about how the backups worked, and the databases are now all being backed up regularly.

Aside from that, neither that nor this had anything remotely to do with the forum software. The main database errors in both cases were a result of a misconfigured MySQL server instance; it appears to like to jump back to a maximum connections setting of 20 for some reason after I have set it to a higher number. The only reason the database wipe happened the first time is that I messed something up when I was trying to fix it (and this time I made very sure to have personally run the database backup script before I did anything). The errors when viewing user profiles were something else, but restarting the server certainly appears to have fixed that so far.

Mmm, I was in the RP forums and tried to post something, it came up like twenty times. Deleted the posts now, of course.

Yay back to normal! I haven't has problems with double/triple etc posting.

Yesterday I went on Pokemon Moon and listened to music to half cure my boredom. Life is not the same without TCOD.

Back
Top Bottom