• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Generic Game Request

Valerunner

Probably shouldn't be here.
Pronoun
She/her
Right, we all know everyone and their dog's working on a fangame.

Now mine will be a sandbox game with nothing new, and all four regions present. I'm going to use the FR/LG tilesets, and I need your help, people.

UPDATE!
Thanks to a few people with the tilesets already done, I now only need revamped maps of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and the minor islands. One note on Johto; we also need a new building on top of Mt. Silver, where the new Johto League will be since I'm remaking the games to have their own separate leagues.

One more thing; I'm currently open for ideas on a new Indigo League Champion, a new Silver League Champion(Possibly this Silver) and a new Elite Four member to replace Bruno's spot in the Silver League.

Last edited:
^What about Sinnoh? I could shrink the sprites.

And yes, I'll join in helping.
I'm using an 80x80 resolution with sprites, Terry.

If you want you can make trainer sprites of the Gym Leaders and the Elite Four of Kanto.

EDIT: Actually, you can resize them by devamping into R/S/E in 64x64 size. That way the Gen. IVs are much cleaner.

So the idea will be to devamp the Sinnoh Pokemon(both normal and shiny sprites, and also their back sprites), devamp the whole Sinnoh tiles and either revamp the Gen. III Leaders and specific trainers or devamp the Gen. IV Leaders and specific trainers. I'm fine with either.

Last edited:
I can probably devamp sprites and certain tiles, though you'll have to add transparency yourself because I can never get GIMP to work for me.

I can probably devamp sprites and certain tiles, though you'll have to add transparency yourself because I can never get GIMP to work for me.
Easy.

Also, if anyone else has RPGMaker XP and want to make maps alongside me, I would gladly post the project in the proper thread in Other Creativity for everyone to update.

Well, I can't seem to find tiles from D/P, but I can still do the sprites. Also, will there be animations?

^Most of them, please. I was makking a Dark Trainer with:
Carvanha Lv.26
Houndoom Lv.29
Shiftry Lv.27
Honchkrow Lv.28
That was an idea I flashed up quickly for Ruby Curses, but it'd be a nice trainer somewhere. Or maybe another region added with this guy as Gym Leader-Number 3.
That's my idea.

^Most of them, please. I was makking a Dark Trainer with:
Carvanha Lv.26
Houndoom Lv.29
Shiftry Lv.27
Honchkrow Lv.28
That was an idea I flashed up quickly for Ruby Curses, but it'd be a nice trainer somewhere. Or maybe another region added with this guy as Gym Leader-Number 3.
That's my idea.
No new regions, Terry. This game will be just a sandbox of the series, so no new regions, no new Gyms or any fakes.

Admitidly I have yet to start, but I have one more question before I do. Should I create custom palletes, re-use the D/P/P colors, or borrow from R/S/E pokemon?

Alright, will do! I plan on leaving some of the sprites the same size because of how small they already are.

Back
Top Bottom