• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Training methods

Valerunner

Probably shouldn't be here.
Pronoun
She/her
We all have different techniques with training Pokemon, so let's hear all of them.

I train by going to specific places that are about 3 levels above in training and are weak to my Pokemon. For example, I trained Stunky and Murkrow in the Lost Tower and Shinx in the Trophy Room.

I... end up stubbornly losing over and over again and gaining exp. points like that when I run into an opponent I can't beat. It works. xP

Or in G/S/C and Emerald I'll find trainers that want rematches.

I would run around the grass, but that feels too much like grinding in say, D2, for instance.

I check out Butterfree's/Gamefaq's/Whoevers's guide and use VS Seeker/Phone thing/whatever to get Rematches.

Or I go to the place with the highest levels in the game and take the Pokemon there. If the Pokemon is strong enough then I'll let it fight, otherwise it's the Switch method.

After completing the game, i use an action replay for rare candies because I'm impacient. But I only bring them to Lv.50 unless I have too.

Elite Four + EXP. Share + Level 100 Kyogre. That's how I got like half of the Pokemon on my Sapphire to evolve.

E4 switch mehtod + exp share, gives the pokemon with the exp share 3/4 total exp

and i only use four pokemon to beat the E4 so if i have two exp shares i can train 2 pokemon at the same time

I carefully ev train, recording the evs as I do. After I do that (killing the lowest levelled Pokemon I can), I go grinding, killing everything in my path :D

I ALWAYS try to find a Blissey or Chansey Trainer, though :3

Back
Top Bottom