• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

50s/60s/70s/80s/90s music lovers

Philly

Banned
For those that love 50/60/70/80/90s music. First topic of discussion- What is your fav. band, and what song?

Members
Philly
IcySapphire
Zim Del Invasor
Skymin
Number 100
Scizor
Gridmour The Desecrater
Flametail

Last edited:
Re: 70s/80s/90s music lovers

Oh fuck yes.

Favorite band, definitely Kiss. I have no idea what my favorite song would be, though, it changes way too often.

Currently, my favorite song is Foreigner's "Girl on the Moon"--B minor makes it sound so haunting. (also sounds pretty in A minor and E minor.)

I guess my favorite right now if I had to pick one would be Somebody's Baby by Jackson Browne.

She's got to be somebody's baaaby~ She must be somebody's baaaby~

Ooh! Ooh! I wanna join!

(Current) Favorite Band/Song: Genesis - Supper's Ready

Last edited:

We're no strangers to love
You know the rules and so do I
A full commitment's what I'm thinking of
You wouldn't get this from any other guy
I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you
We've know each other for so long
Your heart's been aching
But you're too shy to say it
Inside we both know what's been going on
We know the game and we're gonna play it
And if you ask me how I'm feeling
Don't tell me you're too blind to see
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you
Give you up, give you up
Give you up, give you up
Never gonna give,
Never gonna give, give you up
Never gonna give,
Never gonna give, give you up
I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand
NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP
NEVER GONNA LET YOU DOWN
NEVER GONNA RUN AROUND AND DESERT YOU
NEVER GONNA MAKE YOU CRY
NEVER GONNA TELL A LIE AND HURT YOU

Don't you just love Rick Astley :)

There's this band named Yes. It is a prog rock band from the '60s, but my favorite song from that band happens to be on an album named Drama, released in 1980. It is named Machine Messiah and is about 10 minutes in length.

It is the best band ever. Pink Floyd's cool too.

Count me in on this.

Re: 60s/70s/80s/90s music lovers

Okay, I shall. Really good music I think started in the 50s, and then went on to the 90s, and then started to decline. Then old bands started to make a comback.

yeah because you've heard every band made in the 21st century haven't you

despite the fact that there are literally millions of DIY acts being produced all the time due to advances in technology and accessibility of production methods

this generation is pretty much the epitome of creativity, but you definitely wouldn't realize that because you don't look any further than your nose is long

can you see china from your ivory tower?

I predict that when I wake up next morning this thread will have become the 10s/20s/30s/40s/50s/60s/70s/80s/90s Music Lovers Club.

So for brevity, just rename it the "20th Century Music Club" or something.

I've heard much of the music from the 21st century, and I personally didn't like much, but a few, namely Finger Eleven and a little bit of Green Day. This is simply my opinion, and you can hate it or love it, but there is no need to come in here and insult me.

Also, My tower is made of Bronze, not Ivory, and I can see beyond my nose. I think the so called 'creativity' is half crap, again, my opinion.

Let's talk about Pink Floyd.

Atom Heart Mother is a pretty good song. It'd be better if it actually meant something, though.

I've heard much of the music from the 21st century, and I personally didn't like much, but a few, namely Finger Eleven and a little bit of Green Day.
you only pay attention to shitty pop music, figures

Also, My tower is made of Bronze, not Ivory, and I can see beyond my nose. I think the so called 'creativity' is half crap, again, my opinion.
your opinion is uninformed and stupid
just because it's your opinion doesn't mean it's valid

dubstep. mittelalter. idm. ebm. dark cabaret. darkwave.

Are any of these terms familiar to you? they are all very prolific scenes that are becoming increasingly more common and innovative. but you wouldn't know, because your vocabulary consists of 'rock', 'pop', 'hip-hop', 'jazz' and all that other stuff. you are in no position to be judging an entire era based on the few mainstream, mass-produced scenes that you have bothered venturing into.

I predict that when I wake up next morning this thread will have become the 10s/20s/30s/40s/50s/60s/70s/80s/90s Music Lovers Club.

So for brevity, just rename it the "20th Century Music Club" or something.

I can't do that, I would most likely get in trouble, due to many people hating me, including all mods and admins, for stealing the name of Dezzuu's club.

Back
Top Bottom