• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Getting PKMN GREEN for Christmas!!

Raika

I'm getting Pokémon GREEN imported from Japan :D

This'll be great, since I'm studying Japanese, and the Pokémon games are all in hiragana (easiest to read Japanese writing system).. so that should be my way of playing while studying :3

Xx Raika

Originally, there were only Japanese Red and Japense Green. Blue was the Americans' idea.. I guess they thought Blue was more suitable than Green, to fit with Red. And while they were at it, they had different sprites too. Don't know why..

..but yeah basically it's the R/B idea =) It was never released here, so naturally.. ..I want it XD

Ugh. Your eyes will burn out because of the crap sprites. ...Merry Christmas, anyways.

Yay for Pokémonretroness~ It has some pretty damn scary sprites, so keep your wits about you while playing it. XD

I thought the pokemon names were in Katakana?

Actually, Blue was Japan's 3rd version that had updated sprites and a slightly different battle system. Some of the layouts changed, but other than that it was the same. The US just decided to use Blue version as the core for Red and Blue, but with Red and Green's monster selection. Yellow was their 4th game and our 3rd.

Anyways, it is great that you are getting it. I have green too, but haven't touched it in a while since I couldn't read Japanese then. I know a little now, and I'm not that far away from completing it, so I should pick it up again.

Ugh. Your eyes will burn out because of the crap sprites.

Japanese Red/Green's sprites really aren't any worse than Blue's, overall... there's just a handful of really awful ones mixed in here and there, and those are always the ones people think of first.

Some of them aren't bad at all, though--there's a few that look a lot better than the Blue ones (Mewtwo, Magikarp, Psyduck, Koffing, and Weezing, for example.)

Awesome, the sprites are well...strange. If you want a look then look at some of the sprites...

greenspr103.png
greenspr031.png
greenspr144.png
greenspr151.png

Exeggutor, Nidoqueen, Articuno, Mew

hehe I know the sprites are crappy, I've played green on emulator ;) but I want the official version too ^^

Haha that Exeggcutor looks like a maniac XD

Last edited:
Good luck being able to see after three days of playing. Anyways, I have to agree with El Garbanzo, some sprites are... relatively decent. *looks at Articuno* CHICKEN

hehe I'm a HUGE fan of the earliest games, so naturally I want ALL of those :3 (including FR and LG.. since it's basically the same story up until the islands that were added)

And I'll wear sunglasses while playing, ok? :p

Some of the sprites are actually OKISH (notice the ISH).

greenspr019.png

Rattata

Wow it's the right shape, what an achievement Nintendo!

greenspr050.png

Diglett

OK the eyes are meh but the shape is good again.

greenspr120.png

Staryu

Good! Yay Nintendo.

greenspr129.png

Magikarp

Who knew Nintendo would put so much work into making Magikarp look so good?

Some of the sprites are actually OKISH (notice the ISH).

greenspr019.png

Rattata

Wow it's the right shape, what an achievement Nintendo!

greenspr050.png

Diglett

OK the eyes are meh but the shape is good again.

greenspr120.png

Staryu

Good! Yay Nintendo.

greenspr129.png

Magikarp

Who knew Nintendo would put so much work into making Magikarp look so good?

Yeah, exactly. They're not ALL bad. ..although I must say I despise the Vaporeon GREEN sprite (>_@)

Back
Top Bottom