• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

if your fanfic(s) had a soundtrack....

Every single song by NIN, somehow. XD

I list songs for my old fanfic, but I lost the list of songs. Oh well.

It would probably include...

• Stars (Switchfoot)
  • The New Transmission (Lostprophets)
  • Let's Kick it Up (I don't know)
  • Larger than Life (Backstreet Boys xD)
  • How Far We've Come (Matchbox Twenty)
  • Gritzy Desert Theme (SSBB)

It's original fiction, but that still counts, right?

Meridian soundtrack:

1. The Shining Path - Tristania
  2. Pretty Life - Jakalope
  3. Translate - I:Scintilla
  4. Rapunzel - Emilie Autumn
  5. Sundrops - Flowing Tears
  6. Go Away - Jakalope
  7. Fleurs du Mal - Sarah Brightman
  8. You Learn About It - The Gathering
  9. Tales from Heaven or Hell - Elis
  10. Meridian (Acoustic) - Sirenia
  11. Feel It - Jakalope

It's kinda hard to mix music and reading fo rme, so I can't really say...

Although it would probably be Video Game Music.

Well, for Freedom/Series Finale (same fanfic, different name since I figured out like a month after I posted it here that Series Finale would work better):

~Breaking the Habit by Linkin Park: It just really fits once I actually get past the prologue. (That stupid prologue doesn't tell you anything so just shush.)
~Headstrong by Trapt: Well, Ash is insanely headstrong. Plus it really fits.
~Matter of Time by Cartel: Especially when Karin's all "You idiot play by the rules that you yourself established."

Er...I haven't figured out anything else.

This may take awhile... *opens up iTunes*

Let's see, from here we have:
-Adam's Song by blink-182 (relates: Ketsu)
-St. Jimmy by Green Day (relates: Kuroi)
-Basket Case by Green Day (relates: everyone, but mostly Kuroi)
-Best of You by Foo Fighters (relates: everyone, but mostly Nozomi, Kuroi, and Ketsu.)
-The End. by MCR (relates: Meiun)
-Girl Anachronism by The Dresden Dolls (relates: Ribeka)
-Gollum's Song by Helen Hobson (relates: Meiun)
-How Far We've Come by Matchbox 20 (relates: The end of any story. Really.)
-I'm Not Okay (I Promise) by MCR (relates: everybloody)
-Jesus of Suburbia by Green Day (relates: Nozomi, in a way)
-Kaze to Issho Ni (relates: Good!Ketsu, only because it's like an Orphan Trinket to her)
-The Kill by 30 Seconds to Mars (relates: Kuroi to Meiun. If you make the romantic love into mother/daughter love.
-Mama by MCR (relates: Every. Freakin'. Person. Who's name doesn't begin with an "R".)
-Mood Rings by Reliant K (Because it's true, even in real life.)
-No Good Dead from Wicked (relates: Meiun)
-The Only Difference Between Martyrdom and Suicide is Press Coverage by Panic! At the Disco (relates: Ribeka)
-The Sharpest Lives by MCR (relates: Ketsu, kinda)
-Stay Young by Strata (relates: everyone)
-Superman (It's Not Easy) by Five for Fighting (relates: Nozomi)
-The Truth Beneath the Rose by Within Temptation (relates: Bara, plus the pun is a neat conequdink.)
-Unwell by Matchbox 20 (relates: Kuroi)
-Welcome to the Black Parade by MCR (relates: Sand after everyone else dies. Everyone.
-Wonderful from Wicked (relates: Ribeka. Kinda.)

Me? Like bad music? What are you talking about?

Well, for Freedom/Series Finale (same fanfic, different name since I figured out like a month after I posted it here that Series Finale would work better):

~List of stuff~

Er...I haven't figured out anything else.

How could I forget something?!?

I'm Just a Kid by Simple Plan: Er...yeah, I forgot my reasoning for this.

Actually, a lot of Linkin Park would fit:

Numb:
Because being possessed by a pyschopathic dictator really messes up your actions just a bit (aka a whole lot)

In the End: ...Crud wheere did my reasoning go?!?

What I've Done: Great job, Ash, mess up everybody's perspective by stating
that you stole the evil stuff, even though it was Possessed!Ash who did it.

For my gargoyles fanfiction Long, Long Journey (which can be found here), I think this would do:

Long Long Journey by Enya playing at the beginning and the end
Magic Dance by David Bowie when Elisa meets Delilah for the first time (but only the "you remind me of the babe" part)
Headstrong by Trapt when Goliath is gliding around being an ass

and that's about it so far.

Haven't actually written anything in forever... though I do have a Pokémon fanfic idea floating around.

As far as a soundtrack goes, I have no idea. Probably a bunch of instrumental stuff of various types, because I can't really imagine songs with words going along very well with anything that I'd write. Maybe one of those "opening songs" that has nothing to do with the story and has lyrics that don't make much sense, whether you know the language they're sung in or not...

The entire Day of the Dead soundtrack. A lot of it is like this. Freaking awesome. Plus is fits Operation Main Frame quite a lot, managing to grab the right amount of tension, excitement and horror.

I like fag music and this is painfully obvious in the soundtrack of TFSoL:
  • Le Moulin - Yann Tiersen (fits Alain)
  • Slipping Away - Michael Andrews (fits Sophie)
  • The Full Monty - Anne Dudley (Donald)
  • Mr. Blue Sky - Electric Light Orchestra (Henry)
  • Exsangue - Benjamin Biolay (Ivan)
  • The Winner Is - Devotchka (Roland)
  • Mon Légionnaire - Serge Gainsbourg (they talk about this damn song every five seconds. It's important to Ivan and Alain because Ivan used to be a legionnaire himself. And Gainsbourg's their favourite singer :v)
  • Si J'Étais Toi - Mickey 3d
  • The Survivors - Pet Shop Boys
  • De Beaux Souvenirs - Benjamin Biolay
  • Jeudi Pop Pop - Mickey 3d

Also considering Dark Diamond by Elton John (probably will end up including it). Try It (I'm In Love With a Married Man) by the Pet Shop Boys is pretty fitting but it's too dance-y for TFSOL.

Last edited:
(sorry for the bump!)

For Team Rocket's assault on Eric/Peggy's village, the perfect theme would be "To Die For" (Wildebeest stampede/Mufasa's death/The aftermath) from the Lion King score.

For Eric saving Peggy and stealing Pokemon from the Rockets, the perfect theme would be the random encounter from the *original* Metal Gear Solid

For the Legendary Pokemon council meeting, the perfect theme would be Snide's theme from Donkey Kong 64

And as for the final confrontation with Giovanni, the Demon boss Digimon battle theme from Digimon Savers: Another Mission/Digimon World Data Squad would be absolutely perfect.

Back
Top Bottom