• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Taliax's Art Thread [/extreamlyunoriginalthreadtitle]

Taliax

Most likely leaving TCoD
NOTE: I WILL NO LONGER TAKE REQUESTS BECAUSE I AM A MAJOR PROCRASTINATOR. SORRY. HOWEVER, I WILL FINNISH THE REQUESTS I HAVE ALREADY TAKEN.

I decided to make an art thread because I randomly noticed that my drawings aren't too awful. Suggestions are very appreciated. I can't do computer art, sorry. Unless you want a sprite, but I'm not a very good spriter.

Here are some examples of my art:
Gible
A spice of Mew and Umbreon, with wings
Happiny
Pikachu
Piplup
Aipom
Mime Jr.
Munchlax
Umbreon
Leafeon (Painting)
Shedinja
Pidgeot
A green dragon
A two-headed dragon
A red dragon (sleeping)
A purple dragon
Toxicroak
The adult pink dragon from dragon cave
A splice of Latias, Sharpedo, and something else
A drawing of an adult robin and a baby robin
An adult water dragon from Dragon Cave
A frilled Dragon Cave hatchling
An adult Valantine dragon from Dragon Cave
Kadabra
Leafeon

I will draw things that are not pokemon, but beware that they will probably stink like rotten eggs. Oh, and I especially stink at drawing people, so unless you feel like getting something extremely awfulsauce, please don't request people.

Requests:
This (DarkArmour)

Last edited:
Thanks. I'll try.

EDIT: Here's an aipom I drew.
picture.php

Just a little something I want to tell you: the more you draw something, the better you get at it. Try drawing something simple, like Umbreon, in a pose other than that of a picture, just by using a picture.

(AKA may I please have an Umbreon?)

Oooh, I likes your pictures. And your thread is already doing better than mine ;_;

Anyways, just wanted to say your art is awesome. And yeah, Pokemon are the easiest to draw. Hmm.... I may request later, but for now, keep drawing non-fail art~

Try drawing something simple, like Umbreon, in a pose other than that of a picture, just by using a picture.

I don't exactly get what you're trying to say. Am I supposed to look at a picture of Umbreon, but draw it in a different pose from the picture? And I'll work on those requests.

EDIT: Here's a Mime Jr. pic I managed to scan. Just so you know, I drew it a while back, and not since people have requested things.
picture.php

Last edited:
That's a great picture! But the mouth looks slightly tilted at a weird angle.

Everything else is... wow. :D

Also, yes, that is what Cryptica is trying to say. To draw a picture of Umbreon, but not in the same pose as the one in the picture.

I know the mouth is tilted at a wrong angle, it wasn't supposed to touch the nose. Oh well. Anyway, I have another picture that I scanned, I just need to upload it.

EDIT: Here it is.
picture.php

Not one of my favorites, though.

EDIT2: I'm sorry if your request is mangled, Midnight. Shedinja is hard to draw, but I'm working on it.

EDIT3: I'm almost done with Cryptica's request. Expect it finished by tomorrow.

Last edited:
Cool! The tail's a bit small, and so are the paws (or maybe they're not; i can't tell) but it's perfect!

Now draw me a Kadabra (please)!

I'm double posting so that it will count as a new post and be shown onb the front screen. Here's EeveeSkitty's request:
picture.php

I don't know exactly how good it is, though :/

The body is a bit too long. Are the paws flat on the ground? If so, we shouldn't be able to see all of the toes at the same time.The eye is a bit too high.

That's all the critique. Anything not mentioned is probably fine ^__^

I know :/ I'm still practicing with doing my own poses. I just need to scan Midnight's request, but I couldn't think of any way to pose a Shedinja other than tha Sugimori art pose.

Try making it diving down headfirst at an angle? =D The Ninetales' back leg is... small, to say the least. I'd request, but you seem busy. Kinda. More than my thread, which is... neglected...

I thought I had already put this up, but I guess I didn't.
picture.php

The coloring is bad due to the lack of good colored pencils. I wish I would have read Dragon's suggestion before drawing it though. I might draw another Shedinja, and if I do, Midnight is free to use that as his request, but I'll do everyone else's requests first. Oh, and I'll be in Utah from Dec. 29 - Jan. 5.

Back
Top Bottom