• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ruby Server Problem

Lorem Ipsum

Pronoun
x
So, before I try to do anything with Ruby on Rails, I needed to test out whether the host that I am using could handle Ruby files. I was pretty sure that it could, seeing as how the cgi-bin directory was present, but when I uploaded my file test.rb, it came up with a 500 Internal Server Error.

I'm pretty sure that my file doesn't have anything wrong with it, and if there was, it'd be the shebang line:
Code:
#!/usr/local/bin/ruby -w
puts "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
puts "Hello, World!"

I've uploaded the file twice, once as a .rb file and once as a .cgi file, yet neither of them work.

Does anybody have any ideas as to why this is not working?

assuming the server has Ruby installed, you've probably got the path in the shebang line wrong. Try usr/bin/ruby?

Yes, Ruby and RoR is installed on the server. You just need an SSH login (which I can take care of) in order to operate your application.

PM me so I can set you up with key-based SSH logins. You'll need them if you want to take advantage of Rails' features. Most operations are console-based, so yeah.

Back
Top Bottom