• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Anime/Manga Club

Minish

Pronoun
they
Yeees. :D Come here to show your support for Japanese animation and Japanese comic books~~ And discuss, recommend etc. xD (how can you support anime/manga...? >>)

Members list

Cirrus
Flora and Ashes
Dannichu
Mudkip
Zora of Termina
Spaekle Oddberry
Shadowstar
Miyari
Chimera
Thorn
surskitty
link008
Keta
CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO KEEP UPDATING

Last edited:
*joins*

I have to. I'm an anime/manga addict:

MANGAS/ANIME THAT I AM ADDICTED TO:

Tokyo Mew Mew (It's my friend's fault for having it. ^^)
Cardcaptor Sakura (awesome)
Kamichama Karin (best. manga. ever.)
Pita Ten (angels are awesome. Especially hyper ones.)
Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles (Cause I couldn't resist. ^^)

And the only anime on the list:

SHUGO CHARA. Awesome. ^^ It would be in the Manga list if I had the sense to buy it.

I haven't read or watched any of those. But obviously I've heard of them~ And I've watched a little of Tsubasa, I suppose.

My animanga addictions:

Full Moon wo Sagashite
Fruits Basket
Chobits
Hana Yori Dango
...and I've read/watched a whole more~

Joiiiin~

Anime/Manga everyone needs to read/watch because then there would be a lot more love in the world:

• Azumanga Daioh
  • Yotsuba&!

Other highly reccommended series include:

• Case Closed/Detective Conan
  • Fruits Basket (anime has a sucky ending, but manga gets angsty as hell)
  • Strawberry Marshmallow - just because it's the cutest damn thing ever.
  • Cardcaptor Sakura - the manga's better than the anime, and being burnt alive is better than the dub.
  • Loveless - see FMC's sig for my opinion X3
  • Bleach - can't be bothered to read/watch all of it, but it's still good.
  • Death Note - awesome up till a point. *cough*
  • CHOBITS
  • Suikoden
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion - the mecha anime (except maybe Gundam); horribly angsty endings. There are three endings and everyone (sometimes all the named characters, sometimes all of humanity) dies in all of them.
  • Negima OR Love Hina. There's no point in reading both because they're exactly the same. Enjoyable, but the same nonetheless.
  • Petshop of Horrors - freaking awesome artwork and creepy, creepy stories.
  • FAKE - best yaoi manga there is - there's a tangible plot and the men actually look like men!

I didn't get Pita-Ten. I've read the first three volumes and just had no idea what was happening. I tried reading Tokyo Mew-Mew, but the main character irritated me so much I couldn't continue.

/join

STUFFS I OWN:

• Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Ginji's Rescue Team
  • Revolutionary Girl Utena (I-II)
  • Azumanga Daioh (I-II)
  • Pretty Face (I-VI)
  • Absolute Boyfriend (I-VI)
  • Case Closed (I-II)
  • Aoi House (Omnibus I)
  • Aoi House in Love (I-II)
  • Yotsuba&! (I-IV)
  • Rurouni Kenshin (I-III)
Dannichu said:
Anime/Manga everyone needs to read/watch because then there would be a lot more love in the world:

QFT

Added~

Ah, I got FAKE volume six out from the library because that's all they have (apart from all of Chobits, all of Rurouni Kenshin and the lower half of Fushigi Yuugi - which is awesome but I need to read the first half of the series XD), and it was pretty good.

Always wanted to get into Loveless. Might when I have the time. :D

And Azumanga Daioh is awesome but it's hard to find the episodes to watch... and Yotsuba& is great.

My library is pretty tiny and we only have a few odd volumes of things here and there, so I have to buy all of mine.

M'kay here's my collection:
(Yes, I alphabetize my manga.)

DSCF9788.jpg

I only have a few anime DVDs because they're so pricey and I prefer reading, anyways. :3

YES. JUST... YES. SO JOINING.

I normally only read the manga of most series, and I generally only read shounen manga, but oh well.

Stuff I'm reading:
-Naruto (yeah shut up I like it you can't change that)
-Bleach (YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS)
-FMA (only recently started reading this; only on Ch. 5 but I loves it)
-Death Note (Only on Ch. 20-something when they introduce Misa and that was 3 months ago I read that I need to get back into it)

Stuff I wanna read/watch:
-Azumanga Daioh (Blame Dannichu and the like)
-Loveless
-Yotsuba&! (Again, Dannichu)

The last three I can't seem to find online anywhere and trying to buy manga is waaay too expensive for me. See, I tend to read scans online which is how I got into the first four listed.

I can has joinings? :D?

Not sure about Azu, but you can read Yotsuba&! here.
Cutest thing in the world~

I'm hoping to read FMA too, but they haven't brought it out in the UK yet.

Seriously, there's nothing 4chanish about it, I swear. It's half-Russian, though (the page, not the manga).

I might read it there later, but I don't like scans as much because I can't take them places with me :3
Thanks for the link, anyways.

This page is the most wonderful thing ever.

Hello. I is can join? D:

Well, let's see. I have gone through some kind of addicted obsessive phase with each of these at some point:

Fruits Basket
Marchen Awakens Romance (MAR)
Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
Death Note
Digimon
D.N. Angel
Fullmetal Alchemist
Yu Yu Hakusho
Rurouni Kenshin
XXXHOLiC

...although some of these I haven't seen in forever. I've been meaning to rewatch Kenshin for old time's sake for a while, but I haven't gotten around to it. Other than watching an episode that scared the crap out of me when I was little to see if it still did. And it didn't. It was actually kind of lame. D:

I also started watching Code Geass and Gurren Lagann a while back; I don't think I watched bit the first episode or two of Geass, and I made it to about seven or eight on TTGL. I should watch the rest. Especially of Gurren Lagann.

I've suddenly been struck with the unexplainable urge to watch Keroro Gunso, but I can't find episodes. :(

I watch pretty much all my anime on Megavideo.com. I usually just buy manga, although the local bookstore's started carding people for "Older Teen" rated stuff. Wtf.

Definitely joining.

As for me, I like:

ANIME:
-Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni (Kai)- My all-time favorite anime. Makes you ask lots of questions, has deep and interesting c characters, a good plot, homicidal children, etc. As long as you don't have a problem with lots of blood, gore, violence, and occasional entrails, then I recommend it.
-One Piece
-Moon Phase
-Azumanga Daioh

MANGA:
- +Anima
-One Piece (again)
-Tsubasa Resivoir Chronicles
-Black Cat, to an extent
-Inverloch
-xxxHolic
-Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

Anime & Manga I didn't like:
Death Note- Only after a certain character died. I just got bored soon after that.
Naruto- I'll read it, but I don't like it very much.

Used to like Fruits Basket, but I don't quite as much anymore.

Last edited:
*pokes avatar* Tadase Hotori from Shugo Chara. One of the most interesting characters I've ever seen.

I need to raid the bookstore for Shugo Chara. Then raid my friend's house and make her read them. ^^

Jooooin. :D I do love my anime and manga, I do!

My favorites?

Black Cat (This is my all time favorite anime/manga EVER. <33 The characters are all amazing, it's one of the few shonens I've seen that actually have strong females. Not sure who my favorite character actually is, but Kyoko and Charden are pretty high up there.)
D. Gray-man (My current obsession. :D; Hoshino-sensei just manages to keep it so interesting.)
Fullmetal Alchemist (I don't really feel like typing out how much I love FMA. XD; But I will say that I like the manga better than the anime.)
Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro (IT'S SO CREEPY BUT I LOVE IT.)
Ouran High School Host Club (It's hard to not love it, the characters are great and well-developed and it's funny.)
Soul Eater (Best fight scenes ever.)
Mushi-Shi (One of the most interesting (... I swear this is the last time I'll say interesting!) animes I've ever watched. Seriously, I don't think there's anything else that's quite like it.)

Back
Top Bottom