• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

A La Mode ~ A Pixel Art Contest

Ivy Newton

kg*m/s^2
Pronoun
she
Tada! A new contest!

Okay, basically the idea of this contest is: sprite a Pokemon in the style of something else. That 'something else' may be very broad (ex. chibi, realistic) or it may be more specific (ex. paper mario, 8-bit gaming). It's designed so that the 'themes' are very open to interpretation, it's more fun that way :grin:

Let's start with the rules, shall we?

1. THIS IS JUST A FUN LITTLE COMPETITION. DON'T TAKE IT TOO SERIOUSLY.

2. Unless otherwise stated, sprites are not confined to the usual 80x80 restrictions, and must be pixel art.

3. You may use any technique you wish, as long as it remains as pixel art.

4. I reserve the right to add more rules as I see fit... since my brain is too fried to think of any more right now.

There. That wasn't too painful, was it?

Now, the theme for this month's contest is:

*DRUMROLL PLEASE*

Paper Crafts!

Ooh, a challenging one this time. The first thing I thought of was origami, but I figure that may be too hard to sprite. Try it for an extra challenge! Other things are paper relief, decoupage, collage, etc. This one is pretty open to interpretation!

To join, just post the Pokemon you're going to modify. Please, try not to do the same Pokemon someone else is doing.

We are currently in the sign-up stage.

Entrants:
(Username ~ Pokemon)
1. DarkArmour ~ (Reserved)
2. Dragon ~ Salamence
3. Jewel Espeon ~ Snover
4. Zulo ~ Masquerain

The deadline for sign-up is February 10th (and no, there aren't limited spaces, any number of people can join), and the deadline for submission is February 20th. I may increase either deadline as I see fit.

Past winners:
Chibi:
1. Shyguy- the Pokemon
2. RainbowRayquaza
3. Zulo

What are you waiting for? Go sprite!

Last edited:
Umm, can I change what I want?
I now want to do an Umbreon. Mewtwo is kindof hard, and I am done with the face and body, but I know I will have nightmares, and I don't want you to have any :/ so I want to change to Umbreon, if you please.

Umm, can I change what I want?
I now want to do an Umbreon. Mewtwo is kindof hard, and I am done with the face and body, but I know I will have nightmares, and I don't want you to have any :/ so I want to change to Umbreon, if you please.

Im sure I gave her plenty of nightmares xP

Get your entries in quick guys, this only took me 15-20 minutes. A fast contest is a happy contest! =)

I'm gonna reserve aipom.

Here we go. My first chibi...is the head big enough?
Chibiaipom.png

Last edited:
Okay, I changed the deadline to January 20th. If you think it should be changed back, tell me. I'm not too good with setting deadlines.

Back
Top Bottom