• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Flash Animation?

Diz

Overdosing on placebos
I want to learn how to make Flash Animation, but I don't have a program to do this in. Can anyone recommend one (that is hopefully free)?

*headdesk*

There ARE no free programs you can make Flash animations in. The only thing you can make Flash animations in is, well... Flash. >>

I say this because you said Flash specifically. If you just want to make animations then all you have to do is run a search for them.

Same, I'm inclined to believe. In addition to knowledge on how to code in C++ or Java, possibly, but I'm not sure about that.

Despite SWF being an open format, there isn't any freeware/Free Software alternatives to Flash itself, so you're going to have to pirate buy it. Sorry.

Or you could learn how to do what you want in Java, which is free.

Java is not hard.

Right now my father is stressing over some C++ code that's supposed to hook into Microsoft Office and display a customized save as dialog. The problem is that part of his code runs within the .NET Common Language Runtime (the part that invokes the dialog) and the rest of it doesn't. I asked him if he could just implement it in C#, but he said that Microsoft has not implemented this API in C#. This stuff is to Java as Java itself is to Visual Basic.

Oddly enough I know more about Java than Flash; however Flash is probably the better choice for client-side rich applications such as a cartoon.

Yeah, but Runescape is a totally different thing entirely, as you need not only the client-facing applet but also a daemon running on the server. Networking is a totally different skill than animation.

Ok, yeah, I just want to make videos like that salad fingers thing that I linked to. And if the program allows for creating games also....

Back
Top Bottom