• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ASB Mafia: Day IX

Who dies today?

• shadow_lugia

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Prettzel

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Negrek

busy dizzy lazy
Staff member
The residents of ASB Central retired to their homes; some time later, members of the Mafia slipped out and proceeded to carry out their foul deeds in the dark of night. It was little surprise to those gathered at the meeting place the next morning to find one amongst them missing; it was little comfort, too. Once more search parties were arranged and spread out through the city, and inevitably one group could only return to report the worst.

It had taken them a while to identify PichuK; she had been so badly hacked up by a truly vicious assault that she was nigh-unrecognizable. As usual, the Mafia had gone to no great lengths to conceal their work, leaving the corpse where it had fallen on a sidewalk in the residential area of ASB Central.

The dwindling group of innocents and mafia met back at the square. By now, there were few people left to suspect... and even fewer sure allies.

PichuK is dead. She was not Mafia.

Forty-eight hours for discussion.

Well, that's bad...granted, all she did yesterday was point the finger at shadow_lugia...which is sort of suspcious. However, it's probably just a coincidence, so I'm just going to stand in a corner right now. *Shuffles into a corner*

I'm aliiiiiiiive *hugs people who didn't vote for me and ends up hugging self*

Now we've got to be smart... But that's stating the obvious. Which is just about 75% of anything we can do anyway. And the rest is guessing.

Of course, before I nominate anyone, I'm going to go back and see everyone who's died because I can't really remember anyone else alive besides Animorph, Walker, and myself. Oh, and Chirotopher.

*starts inventing Mafia detector*

I nominate shadow_lugia. She was the main target of PichuK's suspicions, and well, PichuK is dead now. :/ It seems suspicious enough for nomination to me, at least.

Made:

Catch-22
Grass King
MurrMurr
Walker
Prettzel
shadow_lugia
Full Metal Cookies
Chiropter
Bobino
Involuntary Twitch
Animorph
Keta
Capitain Jay
Ruieko
NWT

For another fighting chance, I nominate Prettzel. To me, he seems a bit like he's hiding something (not sure though) and hasn't been posting lately anyway :P

Well, that's because I have nothing really important to say; besides, after the mistake I made with nominating Midnight, I kind of felt discouraged from posting. Besides, lots of people haven't posted.

Looking at your list, I see quite a few people who haven't been posted much or at all. I'm not one to judge, but it seems a little suspicious, particularly this far into the game.

Anyway, Negrek basically confirmed that it was the mafia who did the killing last night. Don't know if that's a clue, but you never know.

Personally, on shadow_lugia's defence, the mafia is probably simply trying to throw us off. Killing PichuK, who was pointing towards her, was too obvious of a connection. It's logical, really, to stave off potential true accusations.

Also, at this point, 1/3 to 1/5 of the remaining players are part of the Mafia. The only one that was killed was probably simply Music Dragon...In other words, we're in trouble.

Please allow me to play the role of the frustrated minds who are left standing in this bizzare spectacle:

Yeah, I got nothing. It's all down to idle speculation at this point.

Personally, on shadow_lugia's defence, the mafia is probably simply trying to throw us off. Killing PichuK, who was pointing towards her, was too obvious of a connection. It's logical, really, to stave off potential true accusations.
I agree. Killing an accuser from the previous day seems a very obvious method of throwing suspicion onto the accused.

On the other hand, it's so obvious that it gets me thinking that the Mafia might be trying to reverse psychology us (yes, I'm using 'reverse psychology' as a verb). Maybe shadow_lugia is Mafia and they're hoping to draw our attention away from her by making such an obvious ploy to get us to accuse her. On the other hand, they could be hoping we'd think that, and therefore get us to execute her anyway... and that brings us back to which goblet contains the iocane powder...

Or maybe I'm just giving the Mafia too much credit.

Hmm... still, I'm slightly less suspicious of shadow_lugia now and slightly suspicious of Walker.

Discussion is, as usual, muted and uncertain; by now, the innocents feel surrounded by Mafia on all sides. If they don't eliminate some of the criminal organization soon, they may be outvoted--and without hope of winning.

At last, it is the reluctant decision to execute shadow_lugia on this day. The crowd shuffles aside to let her pass, not meeting her eyes as they wait for the executioner to do her grisly work. The sound of the blade coming down rings through the air as the innocents wait, anxious, to discover the nature of the deceased. Unfortunately for them, the magical mawile costume fades to reveal yet another innocent face.

shadow_lugia is dead. She was not Mafia.

Forty-eight hours for night actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom