• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Fellow Sonic fans: The blog SEGA doesn't want you reading

Just read about it on another blog.

Really, I'm thinking they just need to be able to really stretch their legs and make something... not-Sonic.

I think they should give the Sonic development rights to SEGA of Europe instead of SEGA of Japan... SoJ has always been about the money and nothing else.

Well, that certainly explains a lot. I can understand where they're coming from, not giving a crap about a franchise that's basically devolving into an old, withered cash cow.

Yeah, they should pass the torch to someone else, someone that actually has good quality control and who'll let Sonic Team take a nice, long break from the series so they can work on other projects. As much as I love Sonic, it's about time that he...well, not quite "died", but "went away for a while until some sector of Sega learns what quality is again and will shut SOJ down."

It is all true, which is so sad. I'm pretty sure some fans would be able to come up with better concepts for games then SEGA currently can.

We all know that Sonic's nothing more then an icon for any game that SonicTeam churns out now. Sonic and the Secret Rings was an okay game but could've been done with a fresh character, especially if they're going to make something of a series out of (the sequel, Sonic and the Black Knight is in the works and a trailers been around for a while). The idea of a werewolf game is a good one - it worked for the Zelda series because the series has always been connected to magic and such. It doesn't work with Sonic because his games are not about magic and transformations.

But Sonic isn't the only one to suffer from this. Rayman has been through this too. Compare this, the original Rayman 4 trailer with the completed game: Rayman Raving Rabbids. Rabbids was a good game, don't get me wrong, but Rayman didn't need to be there. Rabbids should've been a seperate series from the start, especially considering the amount of genuine focus there was on Rayman in the original and the following games.

It is a shame as I said. I would kill to be able to have a say in making a Sonic game, to able to have some input. But as it is, it is the gaming industry. Industry is all about money. And Sonic is the most recognisable face in SEGAs catalogue, so it's easiest to make money by using Sonic in their games.

My solution: Make a TRUE Sonic game. Just plain old 2D(maybe 2.5D) action. Maybe have Tails follow you, but the story should be just Sonic vs Eggman. No super powerful villain where you are required to go Super to fight, but just Eggman. Collecting Chaos Emeralds would be just like in the original games. The type of ending you would get would depend on if you decided to collect emeralds. Maybe have the special zones be a cross between Sonic 2's and Sonic 3's. Just please leave Shadow and the others out of it. If they have to, maybe have Sonic try to save Amy, just like in Sonic CD. THAT would be a true Sonic sequel.

I disagree. Though I am a bit disappointed with the recent games, I've always been a fan of the original 3D games, like Sonic Adventure. A 2D game on a console just seems like a bit of a waste for a $50 game.
Now if it were for a handheld system, it would be a completely different story...

There’s no doubt that Sonic Team have lost their quality touch. They are worse than talentless: they are without passion. Bored, weary, closed-minded and out of touch with any sense of what makes games good anymore.
so so so so true
been true for like 5 years now

If you ask me, it will have to at least mention the others purely because they all have fans now. Don't bring back a character and fans of Shadow or Rouge or whatever will moan about them not being included. The old 2D games were great of course, but the plot driven and multi-character Adventure series was great as well.

One of the problems is with the number of characters, yes. None of them are really developed anymore, just a case of "HAI GUYS NED HALP?". Hell, in the English comics (Fleetway) all of the characters were probably far more explored then in the canon series. And Amy wasn't some stereotypical "cute stalker girl" (see Misa from Death Note for this too).

Well, I loved Sonic Adventure, and SA2 was fun (I missed the Adventure fields and how every character was different, though), but after that, the console games have been...eugh. I've heard Unleashed is pretty good, though.

I've heard mixed responses about Unleashed...someone said it was pretty shallow or something. But just the fact that is include a Crash Bandicoot looking "Werehog"....><

Back
Top Bottom