• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Can you solve a Rubik's Cube?

How long does it take you to solve a Rubik's Cube?

• < 2 minutes

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • 2 - 5 minutes

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • 5 - 10 minutes

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • > 10 minutes

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • I can't solve it.

Votes: 45 69.2%

• Total voters

opaltiger

actually very huggable
Staff member
Pronoun
he/him
Not using any instructions, that is. I can, in a fairly reasonable time - I'd say around one minute with a good cube at my best, but I'm a little out of practice. So, you guys?

ps vee you are not allowed to post here >:(

I've never solved one but then again I've never really tried (other than just moving it around a little when I'm bored).

< 2 minutes.

Without peeling all the stickers off and reapplying them so that all the colours are on separate sides: not at all.

Rubik's cubes are the culmination of all things evil

By which I mean no, I've never even come close. :B

Like Mike, I've only ever solved one by peeling off all the stickers. But I've never really tried to solve one, so yeah.

It depends on how difficult the scramble is. Occasionally things just fall into place but other times you have to go through the pattern several times.

I vary from about 1:50 to 2:50 so I put the 2-5 minutes.

I'm not sure; last time I tried, I was eight or nine and probably not as good at such things as I would be today. I don't think I ever did solve it. :<

... I actually saw one at the store the last time I had money, and I thought about buying it, but I didn't. Hmm.

No. I fear Rubik's Cubes... I don't know how anyone solves them, more so in less than two minutes.

It depends on how difficult the scramble is. Occasionally things just fall into place but other times you have to go through the pattern several times.

I vary from about 1:50 to 2:50 so I put the 2-5 minutes.

sister: hey, were you expecting a package from Reading?
me: yup!

<3

I can complete two sides if that counts for anything. I have never completely solved one, unless you count taking it apart and putting it back together so the stickers were in the right spot. If that does count, then about three minutes. I never did the sticker thing, I am above that. (I stared doing that, but I got bored after about a minute.)

I can in about 2. I would be faster, but I don't always turn the sides all the way and it gets stuck. ><;

sister: hey, were you expecting a package from Reading?
me: yup!

<3

Oh, good. I had this huge phobia of having not written the correct address on the parcel; therefore it would have been sent home and my parents would have been...

You can just about guess the rest. Glad it got through in the end! Enjoy my present. Cost me so much more than I expected.

Hopefully my "E's" didn't piss you off too much before opening the actual cube.

Also, you have no idea how long it took me to "fit" it into that little plastic bag! That was so annoying. The man at the post office was like: "You know the bag needs to go over the whole box right...?" and the kind little indian woman put that huge piece of sellotape over the gap to make it look like I'd done it properly and everything. xD;;

Enjoy~~

Cost me so much more than I expected.

:( now I feel guilty. I suppose your parents would be rather suspicious of any packages arriving for you in the dead of night?

I can consistently do it in under 2 minutes.

New topic: Rubik's Revenge (4x4x4 cube)
I can get it sometimes but get stuck on the last step.

edit: a 5x5x5 (or even 6x6x6 or 7x7x7) cube would be fun to solve, methinks

Back
Top Bottom