• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Spyro fanclub.

Noctowl

Everyone call me elf monster.
I love Spyro very much. ^^ Any other Spyro fans round here? And...what was the first Spyro game you played?

I first played Spyro 3, but I did have a spyro 1 demo on the ps1. =)

Members:
Ruffledfeathers (myself)
voltianqueen
Dragon
Dragon of Fire
IcySapphire
Daigonite
DonKarasuMan
Mike the Foxhog
DonKarasuMan
PurelyAmazing

Last edited:
Spyro»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

I`ve played Season of Ice, but thats it. Still a very awesome series, though =D

I've played it since the first game. I believe I played and beat every game other than some of the gamboy advance ones, because every game I got for that was pokemon. I just got the newest one for Christmas, and I was completely addicted to it until Christmas break ended.

I love the old ps1 ones...what I have seen of the new ones really doesn't light a flame in me.

I dunno, I like the new ones. They are a heck of a lot different, but in the good way. I like what they did with it, because you can do a lot more and it's just a completely different stoyline. For one thing, sparks can talk. He's kind of funny, and a coward, but I also think I liked him better when he couldn't talk.

Well, each to their own. If I could get a chance to play one of the new games, I would...too bad my bro owns the ps2.

If you ever get the chance, you should take it. Though I have to admit, all of the characters seem to have lame eyes in the first two Legend of Spyro games which is pretty distracting. The third one doesn't have that problem. It is also the best in my opinion, because it is the first one to have two players! It's more awesome because they put Hunter into the game!

If you ever get the chance, you should take it. Though I have to admit, all of the characters seem to have lame eyes in the first two Legend of Spyro games which is pretty distracting. The third one doesn't have that problem. It is also the best in my opinion, because it is the first one to have two players! It's more awesome because they put Hunter into the game!

Is that the one with SG Byrd in too? I love him.

I loved spyro up to the ones with Elijah Wood (spell check?) and David Spade. But I still play the old ones =D

Hunter's a brilliant character, but my favourite is Sgt. Byrd. Ugh, why did they have to kill the series with A New Beginning??

I only really liked the original trilogy.

The new ones don't live up to the old ones, especially seeing as how they eliminated the portals D:

Oh yeah, and I wish to join.

I also really didn't like the GBA games, they were too much about marketing rather than gameplay. I liked a Hero's Tail, but it was reeeeeeaaaally short. I still get a kick out of flying as a penguin with rocket boosters on his back...

...but in the third game, he was flapping his wings and he dropped bombs...

Woot, more members!

I can't really say weither or not I like the old trio rather than the new stuff as:

A) I have only played spyro 3 and a demo of spyro 1
B) I have not played those new games.

Like I have said though, I do not like what I have seen of them through adverts and stuff.

I've got the ones for PSX, Season of Ice, and A New Beginning for DS. I cannot get the stupid controls straight for A New Beginning! I wanted it for PS2 or whatever it was for, but I ended up with the DS one... :P

I'd have to say that my favorite is Spyro 2. :)

The good thing with Spyro games (at least, for the PS ones :p) was that they got better with every new one. The original "Spyro the Dragon" was terrific, it had its own formula, the plot was good (albeit, a bit straightforward, but that was to be expected) and the gameplay was good (simple, but effective). In a sense, it worked.

Spyro 2 brought a slightly deeper plot, but it stayed true to its roots. One of the better things that was added to the games was dialogue and voice acting, which was nicely implemented. However, the plot was still rather simple, but it didn't destroy anything that Spyro already got going.

Spyro 3 was the ultimate pinnacle of the series (considering that it went somewhat downhill afterwards). It brought in new playable characters, returning characters, and refreshing new levels. One thing I neglected to mention was the difficulty level. Spyro 3 was the hardest Spyro game of any PSone title (mostly having to do with the new playable characters). Tbh, I haven't even finished the third game, because some of the new characters were a bit hard to control (Agent 9, specifically).

The thing about the new Spyro games (at least, for the PS2, since I haven't played the GBA instalments) is that they try a bit too hard, or not hard enough. 'Enter the Dragonfly' was horrible. Glitches and other technical issues (such as loading times) aside, it was very much, a recycling of the old games. Dragonfly hunting was a pain (especially when you succeed, then strut at this latest achievement, and accidentally breathing bubbles on the enemy by accident while they pummel you to submission) and the difficulty was immensely haxed. Ripto, for one, would be very easy, if it wasn't for the fact that one hit from his attacks meant an instant OHKO as you tried to get back up before you were hit again. The story was recycled (essentially just Spyro 2 all over again, *except* it's not in Avalar!!!!) and the game was, essentially, just a giant version of one of the old Spyro worlds (think Autumn Plains, as that had quite a few levels stuffed into one world).

A Hero's Tail was a major improvement, but still suffered from being a recycled game. In fact, it's very fun, but not at all difficult. It took...2 days (and that's because I get headaches for playing console games too long) to finish. The levels were interesting, so were the minigames (I loved the ball rolling) and the extra characters were fun (though I'm not so sure about Blink), the graphics were cool, but it was just like...Spyro 1 all over again, except expanded. The final level (Stormy Beach onwards) was a bit too linear for my tastes, considering the rest of the game was using the old formula except without instant transportation via portals (which was a bit stupid, but a forgivable mistake).

I haven't played the Legend of Spyro games (and I don't think I will, at least in the short term) but I have heard that the last of the Legend trilogy (Dawn of the Dragon, I believe) is the only one worth playing. That said, I really don't have any privilege in ranting the game, but I'm just not a fan of a 'different' Spyro.

Oh dear, there goes my rant. I'll end it right here... o_o

Wow, that is a long post...XD

After listening to some spyro music over the last few days, I have realised that my fave music of spyro one is the title screen. Do any of you have any fave music from spyro?

I also like lost fleet from spyro 3. At least...this version.

Back
Top Bottom