• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Diamond Extreme

Re: Pokémon Diamond Extreme

^Ruby Curses has gone. That's my other hack. SO PLEASE DON'T SWEAR AND PLEASE DON'T INSULT MY PLANS OF HACKING.

Terry, you can't keep starting hacks, give up for whatever reason, and start a new one. That's why nobody takes them seriously. It's okay to work on multiple at once, but not to start one and post it here, then stop and post another. People aren't going to respect you or your hacks if you just make plans which you don't follow through on. Wait until you've actually gotten far enough that you know you're going to finish before you post it here. Captain Jay wasn't insulting you, it's just that you never stick with any of these.

Pick one and stick with it, man.

I edited a few trainers, and all the mains.
Yes, but that's not enough to keep people interested. Just post the hack when you have edited, say, a few towns or routes. Nobody will be interested in a few edited trainers.

*claps* didn't you just hear what we said?

Please note that we could give him advice that could make this hack one of the greatest things on the web, but he'd ignore it.

But really Terry, stick with one hack. We all know that within a few weeks you're going to abandon this one and go start another one.

Especially if it's just some editted trainers.

Ok, so you've added a Darkrai in. I'm just watching the vid since I only have vba...but...

Your video says you will finish this in a week...hacks take months, even years to complete...is why you give them up too easy?

And that's not all. Try out the hack and you'll find the changes.

Does it occur to you that I don't really want to waste my time playing this if I already have a copy of Pokemon Diamond? I want to know exactly what the changes are to see if the changes are worth playing it for.

So, what ARE the changes? I'm sure it won't kill you to tell us.

Last edited:

What everyone else said but...I'm repeating...

Why do you make so many hacks, give up on them and make a new one? You need to be dedicated and well in some of your old hacks you asked people to make you sprites, what would be the point if you were just going to give up on that hack and make another?

And quality over quantity, make one hack which is good beyond good and pour your heart into it. Always think of the best ideas for it, listen and take people's advice. Be dedicated really.

You seem to treat a hack as another thing to do in TCOD but a good hack is hard, time consuming and and needs DEDICATION. It isn't like spriting or any other thing like that.

Thank you for reading this longish post... *gives cookies to those who read*

Ruffles-You got it right! (despite this is the first hack-rom used with a Diamond base)
Blaziking-Chimchar, Piplup and Turtwig evolve at Lv.6
The leaders and elites are stronger (and Cynthia)
Some trainers are more powerful.
EeveeSkitty-I know all of that. I just had no-one helping. Not even when I went kind no-one helped. (Or they gave me junk) *takes cookie*

Suggestions for trainers accepted ANYTIME!

I'd be really interested to have Cynthia help you for a bit and you battle her half way through the game, pokemon not all evolved fully and levels lower. All this is is a few trianers changed and the game harder. NOT INTERESTING ENOUGH.

Blaziking-Chimchar, Piplup and Turtwig evolve at Lv.6
Surely it would make it harder making them evolve at level 20 or so. I mean, They'd just evolve after the first few battles, which, if anything, would make it easier.

Ruffles-You got it right! (despite this is the first hack-rom used with a Diamond base)
Patience is a vertue, young hacker. People will be less likely to help if you don't show creativity in this hack. You know, like a new plot. Screenshots of what you have done may help too.

Not when I'm editing the stats for the 3 legends to lower than you think... And there's no program for DP scripts yet. Any battle-Volkner and Flint in the Battle Park would be nice. And I'll rethink on Cynthia. I'll take scripts for get-an-egg.

And by Extreme, not just harder, more cool stuff, longer dex etc...

What cool stuff?

This is something else, think of the ideas not just 'something cool'. Sorry if you do have the ideas...

Longer dex, what Fakemon or something.

Back
Top Bottom