• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The future of AMC

Sandstone-Shadow

A chickadee in love with the sky
Pronoun
she/her
Absol's Moonlit Cave is my Pokémon website that will be three years old at the end of January. Lately, I haven't been updating as much, and I think it's because AMC doesn't really have a purpose. Right now, it's just my website with Pokémon stuff on it, and I don't know what to do with it.

If you could read the most recent update (called Directive?), vote in that poll, and leave comments, either here or on the site, that would be greatly appreciated. What do you think I should do with AMC...?

Well, what comes most naturally to you? What are you most comfortable with? My website is a "put up whatever the hell I want that I hope/assume other people will also find mildly interesting/useful" type of site, and I'm happy with it; keeping a broader focus isn't necessarily a bad thing, but only if you're comfortable with continuing down that road.

If you really feel like you'd rather focus on something specific, though, then my suggestion is to test-drive a little bit of everything. Focus on creating some game-related content, then focus on some art work for a while, then focus on some webmaster help, etc.. Giving each consideration your full attention in a trial run will probably help you decide what you really like focusing on and what you'd rather not.

I will say that there are already a million generic sites out there in every category you mentioned, so if you do go that route and specialize then you'll need to make an extra effort to find interesting things to say/do/provide; you didn't get where you are by being horribly bland and unoriginal, though, so you already know that. ;)

Hmm... a test run would be a good idea. Then again, maybe a broad focus is the right path for AMC. =/ I feel so uninspired lately, though. Any suggestions for a lack of inspiration...?

Thanks, Kratos. =3

I'm the wrong person to ask about getting over a lack of inspiration, sorry. :/ Other than brainstorming and giving those trial runs a shot I don't really know... I suppose you could try looking at the content you already have, see if any of that needs revamping or can be taken further. That might also help you discover something that you really like working with.

Back
Top Bottom