• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Best and worst-looking Shiny Pokémon?

nothing to see here

...probably not posting here too much anymore.
Pronoun
he/him
Best and worst-looking Shiny Pokémon?

Which shinies do you think look the best? Any that you think look better than the normal colors? How about the worst?

For worst, try not to count those "looks almost exactly like the original colors"-type ones... I'm talking more about those that have freakishly bright colors, colors that clash horribly with each other, or just colors that look really bad for that Pokémon for whatever reason. "It looks exactly like the regular one but with shiny sparkles" just isn't enough to make it truly crappy.

Best: Shiny Gastly, with the blue gas; and of course, Golden Magikarp/Red Gyarados. I also like the blue Mew... and Flareon, which looks like a bigger, fluffier Eevee! The whole Metagross line is good, too. And the golden Arceus, which works especially well when Arceus is Normal/Electric/Rock/Steel type.

Worst: Basically, pretty much anything that had its main color replaced with some freakishly bright neon yellow-green, and dark-colored Pokémon that become bright blue when shiny. Nidoqueen and the others that got the "greenish-brown baby crap + pink" color scheme are awful as well. And shiny Giratina... ugh.

Re: Best and worst-looking Shiny Pokémon?

The shiny starters are all very cool to me.

But I hate shiny Burmy, Shellos, Meowth, and anything that has a shiny that looks almost exactly like the normal one.

The shiny Nidoqueen's color isn't quite my favorite either, but I love how the shiny male Nidoran line looks like the female line XD

Shiny Mew and Ditto and other blue shinies are so nice.
I don't tend to like Red shinies or orange shinies.

Shinies I like:
Ninetales, Rapidash, Dewgong, Gastly line, Gyarados, Umbreon, Yanma, Ho-oh, Gardevoir, Manectric, Camerupt, Zangoose, Rayquaza, Infernape, Surskit, Cranindos line, Stunky line and Abomasnow.

Shinies I dislike:
Azelf, Mesprite, Uxie, almost all pink, yellow, aqua and purple shinies.

Hm. I like most of the blue ones, namely Voltorb. The Rapidash one was nice in gen II, when it had blue flames, like the current Ponyta shiny.

I'm not sure about my most hated one, I can't think of any off the top of my head.

All of the starters accept blaziken are good.

I really hate those green ones, though.

Last edited:

Shiny Charizard and Rotom are awesome.

Alakazam, Spiritomb and Gastrodon

Best: Spheal, Kyogre, Charizard, Teddiursa, Stunky, Skuntank, Dialga, Palkia

Worst: any that are that piss looking awful yellow (eg Drifloon)

Shiny Charizard, Ditto and Mew are fairly good. Shiny Umbreon is better. Those metallic-blue rings can't be beaten.

I don't like Pikachu's colour alternation. It looks rather ugly, don't you think?

Shinx, Luxio and Luxray shiny all look awesome.

Rayquaza shiny is made of WIN

shiny Charizard, Rotom, Sandslash, Electabuzz and Absol are cool

shiny Mammoswine, Mankey, Gabite, Garchomp, Seviper, Empoleon and Torterra on the other hand... are ugly

Well, I love Umbreon's shiny, hate Espeon's. It's a sickly green and disgusting

I really hate shiny Lucario. It looks like a bad recolour to me.

The Rapidash one was nice in gen II, when it had blue flames, like the current Ponyta shiny.

I'm awfully partial to GSC-Shiny!Rapidash, if only because it's my only shiny.

Green Chansey, purple Kingdra and Lapras, green Dragonite, purple Heracross...so anything that's purple of green.

Coolest are shiny Manectric and shiny Honchkrow.

Shiny oddish is so cute! I love that shade of green. Also shiny metapod and butterfree~

Worst, for me, are all the water types that are horrishly pink or purple, like swampert. They look like the vomit of a unicorn.

My favorite is Shiny Bellossom, if only because I ALMOST HAD ONE...

I don't really see how the Shiny Charmander line can become black all of a sudden at the end. I don't like it much.

Shiny Ralts. Orange? Really? Blah. I originally had to play a rom of Sapphire, but the screen of my computer was broken, making it seem like all the Pokemon were in inverted colours. I had a Gardevoir on that version, making it look like it had fuschia hair and blue horns. For some reason, I assumed the shiny looked like that, and it was completely love. Seeing that the shiny was really orange with blue hair was a complete letdown.

Shiny Kabutops is awesome, same with Vaporeon and Espeon.

ライチュウ;231811 said:
I don't like Pikachu's colour alternation. It looks rather ugly, don't you think?

WHAT colour alteration? It's pretty much Pikachu in the shade

Anyways, I like Flygon and Butterfree ^^

I don't really dislike any (not even Pikachu)

Back
Top Bottom