• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Tension : A Final Fantasy RP (Sign-ups and OOC thread)

This RP borrows many similar elements from Final Fantasy, but is placed in a world and plot of my creation.​

The Dark Cloud appeared nearly 10 years ago today. The cloud has never ceased its cover upon the region of Jeareth since it first appeared. Even after rain storms, the cloud only grew darker, as if warning us of another, even worse storm. The Black Mages sense that this cloud could bring about the destruction of the world, and the Immortals prophesize that the cloud is just the beginning of what is yet to come. Today, we live in fear of a simple cloud, that could possibly lead to the destruction of our world.
-King Frats of Refrastiano
Speaking on the 10 Year Anniversary of the appearance of the Dark Cloud​

----------​

For 20 years, the region of Jeareth has been completely shrouded by cloud cover, the sun has never shined since. Day by day, the clouds get darker and darker. Tension is rising in the three nations of the world, all worrying about the impending storm. Many phrophesized that the clouds will one day unleash a horrific storm, enough to destroy the world.
Two countries are on the verge of war. The tension from the impending storm has caused the two nations, Durkaeon and Refrastiano, to begin to suspect one another of crimes. Fear and hatred grow in the minds of the citizens. Both rulers have stopped communicating with one another for unknown reasons.
As the threat of the storm and the war continue to grow, the land of Jeareth continues to grow in fear of one another. Not even the wise Immortals or intelligent Black Mages are saved from the growing fear.​

Two storms approach.

One to destroy cities,

Another to destroy the world.

Jeareth

:Nations:​

Zalchius (ZAL-kee-us): The land of Zalchius, in the north, is small in comparison to the regions of Durkaeon and Refrastiano. Due to the massive amounts of forested area, there are only two cities governed by the Zalchian government, Ursan and Quinario. There have been rumors for years that there is a Vierra settlement in the wilderness, but there has been no confirmation of the rumors. The primary races in Zalchius are Humans and Moogles, most of which are talented users of magicks.

Durkaeon (dur-KAY-on): Durkaeon, in the west of the Jeareth Mainland, is a powerful military country, not because of the size of their army, but because their army consisted of well trained thieves and spies. They are known in their war tactics to often set up blockades to the opposing countries, often causing the countries to give up. The thieves in the army often cause trouble as well for the opposing countries, being able to rob an important trading post for all of its goods in only hours. The primary residents of Durkaeon are humans, however there is a village consisting of only Gria in the south, Vintros.

Refrastiano (re-FRA-stee-ON-oh): Refrastiano generally is a peaceful country, and the largest in Jeareth, both population wise and land-wise. Refrastiano is known for having some of the most intelligent scientists in the world, many of which dedicate their lives to investigating Cataclysm Falls. Recently, due to the tension between Refrastiano and Durkaeon, Refrastiano has built up a powerful military in case of a war. Refrastiano primarily consists of Humans, Moogles, and Bangaa.

:Cities and Villages of significance:​

Vintros (VIN-trose): Vintrose is a village in southern Durkaeon that consists entirely of Gria. It is the only village in Jeareth that contains any Gria. It's a simple village with a small population. Some Gria live amoung humans in the world, but those Gria are usually shunned by the other Gria.

Cataclysm Falls Research Settlement: This settlement, the CFRS for short, is situated only a few miles away from the Cataclysm Falls. The scientists there attempt to figure out how the Falls form and why.

Durkiustiano Prison: The prison of all three nations is situated in the abandoned part of the world, the Jeareth Wastelands. All prisoners, regardless of their sentence, are sent here to do their time. Because of its remote location, few prisoners have ever escaped, and none of the escapees have ever survived due to the harsh desert in the Wastelands.

City of the Black Mages: The self governing city west of Zalchius is inhabited completely by Black Mages. The black mages here earn their magicks hereditarily, not by practicing over and over again. Because they know magic from birth, all of these mages grow to become incredibly powerful, enhancing their magicks as they grow. They all have the same face of a Black Mage; a pitch black face with yellow eyes.

Refrigo, the Dwarven City: Far to the Northeast there lies a mass of ice simply called "the glacier". On the Glacier, there is a settlement of small, intelligent, and human-like creatures called Dwarves. The dwarves live away from the human society, fearing their cruelty.

City of the Merchants: On a small Island in the Southeastern area of Jeareth, there is a massive city that serves one purpose: to buy and sell things. There are many residents in this city, yes, but half of the city is a massive marketplace, selling everything from fruits to weapons.

:Places of Importance:​

Zalchius Wilderness: The Zalchius Wilderness is a massive forest covering almost all of the land of Zalchius. There are no set paths in the forest, and it is rare for people to travel between the two cities of Zalchius unless they have talent wielding a sword or using magicks.

Cataclysm Falls: The Cataclysm Falls are two long waterfalls, one bordering the Jeareth Mainland, the other bordering the Unkown Western Lands. The falls have baffled scientists for ages. The two falls seem to go down into the earth endlessly, and they suck anything above them down into the core of the earth. Anyone who has attempted to fly over the falls, no matter at what height, have been sucked down into the falls. Some speculate there could be a world beneath the Falls, but the idea is often ridiculed.

The Unknown Western Lands: The Unknown Western Lands are bordered by a mountain range that no one has ever seen over or gone over before. The mountain range is rumoured to peak in space, thus being unable to fly over them. No one knows or has any idea what is in the Unknown Western Lands, hence their name.

The Jeareth Wastelands: The Wastelands lie to the south of Jeareth. These wastelands are uninhabitable due to the mountain range and the massive desert that cover the land. There are very few monsters in the area, and very little plant growth, making the Wastelands a horrible place for training.

Volcano of the Dead: The Volcano of the Dead is a volcano to the southwest of the Wastelands. The volcano is said to erupt once every three days. The volcano is said to be as tall as the clouds, however few have seen the volcano, thus the rumor remains but a rumor.

Lake of the Unknown: The Lake of the Unknown is a lake that can be seen from near the edge of the falls. Because of it's distance from the Jeareth Mainland, and because it is over the Cataclysm Falls, no one knows exactly what is in the lake.

:Playable Races:​

Humans: This should be pretty obvious. Humans are a simple creature with high intelligence.​

Moogles: Moogles are small, cute, and furry creatures, remniscent of rabbits. Moogles are quite intelligent and many of them are experienced users of magicks. Moogles are a kind species and usually helpful to others.​

Gria: Gria are humanoid creatures, and are quite intelligent. They have small draconic wings and horns, being a cross between dragons and humans. Most live in solitude in the village of Vintros, however others venture out of the village to live with the humans, however they very often are rejected by other Gria for doing so. Gria are an only female race.​

Bangaa: The Bangaa are lizard like creatures, having many features similar to lizards (Although to call a Bangaa a lizard is considered an insult). The Bangaa have both male and female genders, though they are hard to tell apart.​

:Non Playable Races:​

Immortals: The Immortals are a group of eight people who only have one way to die, however the way to kill them has never been revealed. In every major city there is an immortal who consults the government of the city, giving them advice. The Immortals often prophesize great events and have incredible accuracy. The immortals, although they claim to be over thousands of years old, only look about 30 years of age.​

Dwarves: (See Refrigo, Dwarven City)​

Black Mages: (See City of the Black Mages)

^ Note: Black Mages are still a playable job, however the race cannot be played.​

Viera: Viera are rabbit-like creatures spoken of in myth. It is rumored that in the Zalchius Wilderness there is a hidden Viera settlement.

--------------------​

This RP will be broken up into parts, each part having their own thread in the RPG forum.​

Your role in this land is to find out what the Dark Cloud really is, and why it has come upon the land. Sounds simple, right?​

:Rules:
-Feel free to swear, just don't do it over-excessively
-You win my seal of awesomely awesomeness if you read over everything above this
-If you didn't read everything about the land, I suggest you do
-RPG rules apply here
-Please keep blood and gore to a minimum. Granted, there will be blood, but please don't be over excessive with it.
-This RP will be rated PG-13 for reasons that should pretty much be obvious now.​

One of the main themes of Final Fantasy is character development. If there is some sort of sidequest or sidestory event that you would like to have occur for development of your character, PM me and pitch me the idea. I'd be glad to add something like that to the plot.​

At the beginning of the RP, it would be best for everyone to be seperate at first, but meet up after a while, as that is how most Final Fantasy games start out.​

:Members:
Blaziking ~ Terrath ~ Black Mage
Evoli ~ Sydney ~ Seer
Evoli ~ Cyrrah ~ Ravager
Nimler ~ Carius ~ Warrior​

Application Form

Name: (If you don't know what this entails, I consider you a failure at life)
Gender: (Male or Female, and remember that Gria are female only)
Race: (Human, Moogle, Bangaa, or Gria?)
Nationality: (Zalchius, Durkraeon, or Refrastiano?)
Age: (See 'Name', and please have the ages be at least over 14)
Job: (If anyone puts down an oppucation, I will shoot myself. 'Jobs' refer to the Final Fantasy definition of Jobs. See here (for a general list of jobs) and here (for a list by race)
Weapon: (I AM ALLOWING COMBINATIONS FINAL FANTASY DOESN'T HAVE. Therefore, you can have a black mage with a sword, or a thief with a bowgun, I really don't care)
Appearance: (What does your character look like?)
Personality: (If you're like me and you can't stick to personalities, these can be played out)
History: (Please don't make these really simple like "He was born in Durkraeon and found the cloud weird and decided to find out why it was so." Try and make it be fleshed out a bit
Oh, and if you want to have your character shrouded in mystery you can lie about their past, as long as you reveal the character's true history somewhere along the lines)
Other: (Anything else?)​

And now...my awesome form.​

Name: Terrath
Race: Human
Nationality: Zalchius
Job: Black Mage
Weapon: Pistol
Appearance: Terrath looks like and average black mage, having a dark yellow hat with a large brim, shrouding his face. His face, shrouded by the brim of the hat, is completely black, with nothing but yellow eyes shining through. He has brown hair that is seen coming out from the back of his hat. He wears a pitch black cape over a white puffy shirt and black pants. He has white gloves that he wears all the time, and knee-high brown, leather boots.​

Personality: Terrath has a semi light-hearted personality. He often attempts to make people laugh, and he has a sarcastic sense of humor. It is because of this that many people believe that he is hiding something about his past, because he seems too happy to be affected by the Dark Cloud.​

History: Terrath is an orphan that was found in the City of the Merchants by a servant to the King and Queen of Zalchius. The servant took him in and raised him as her own. For years she lied to him, claiming she was his real mother. When Terrath was 13, he learned that she actually was not his real mother, and he set out to find out about his true parents. His search has brought him as far as the Gria village, where he still has no clue who his parents might be.​

Last edited:
Name: Sydney
Race: Human
Job: Seer
Weapon: A very thick, ancient-looking book and a wooden staff. (Both are for using magick, but aren't necessary.)
Appearance: Like all Seers, Sydney wears an ankle-length fluffy white cape with cat ears. Underneath she has a white sleeveless shirt and baggy blue pants. Given the cat ears and mittens she always wears, she looks pretty silly and is hard to take seriously.. until she's set your hair on fire. She has several small gold earrings on each ear and short red hair in (what else?) pigtails. She is very pale and has lots of freckles, with greenish-blue eyes.
Personality: PO
History: For the most part, Sydney's life has basically been normal. She grew up in the city of Merchants and has been studying magick in general for practically her whole life. This might have been because both of her parents were mages. Her whole life, she's had a not-so-secret wish to that she was a Black Mage. (The people, not the job). Since she knew that was impossible, she went with the next best thing; becoming the most powerful Seer possible. She has little to no interest in the Dark Cloud, though she might help somebody try and do something about it if she was asked nicely enough.
Other: This is one of my favorite characters, but the RP she would've been in died before it started. Woot.

Name:Carius (Kar-e-us)
Race:Human
Nationality:Zalchius
Job:Warrior
Weapon:A heavy Two-Handed sword that weighs about 87 pounds.
Apperance: Wears a black suit of Mithril armor when needed. Normally he wears a white T-shirt and custom black cargo pants. His clothes are well fitted and exspensive. He is about 6'1 with a decent muscle structure.
Personality:PO
History: Trained in the art of swordsmanship since age 4. Unforunately for his family at 10 he turned pirate. He left that life behind at 18 when a raid on the city of Merchants went wrong. This is why his clothes are nice and exspensive.(If any of this isn't okay then just tell me an I'll think up a new history or whatever it is that is wrong.

Name: Cinder
Race: Moogle
Age: 17? Do moogles have different age progression than humans?
Job: Time mage
Weapon: Chrono Sword (Sword that he channels his power through)
Appearance: White fur, Silver Hat with a red pom hanging off of the top. Silver jacket with a gold lining that is made from basilisk skin. Giant brown boots that go up to his thigh.
Personality: PO
History: (Finish later)
Other: He has a platinum pocket watch that he keeps with him at all times.

Just curious how many people have to join before we start? It may sound impatient but I know some people who may be interested.

Just curious how many people have to join before we start? It may sound impatient but I know some people who may be interested.

Well we certainly can't start with only three people can we?

Once we get two or three more we'll start. I won't close the applications until the end of the first part of the RP.

EDIT: Alrighty then, it seems like we're not getting anyone else but the three of us for now. I'll start this on, maybe Wednesday, to give a few more people an oppurtunity to join before we start.

Making a second character. Woot. This is one of my other characters I like a lot. Slightly edited.

Name: Cyrrah (Basically, a freaky spelling of Kira. From my actual game for some reason. >>)
Race: Gria
Nationality: Durkraeon
Job: Ravager
Weapon: a huge, elaborate double-helix shaped sword. SavetheQueen in the tactics games.
Appearance: In general, Cyrrah looks like the classic Ravager. She has light yellow eyes with completely black pupils, similar to a cat's. Like all Gria, she has small wings and a tail, and small pale yellow horns on her head. Usually she wears the normal Ravager clothes; rather revealing pink and white armor with elbow-length purple gloves, and red boots. She has a golden ring on a chain as a necklace, which she never takes off. Her hair is a rather garish shade of bubblegum pink and goes down to her elbows. It's always one long braid, tied with a bright red ribbon. She walks with a slight limp and can't run very well or walk for extended periods of time.
Personality: Calm and level-headed, she's very strategical and uses this skill for planning battles and the like. She loves to have friendly fights with other people, and thinks of swords more as toys than deadly weapons. Despite seeming apathetic about most things, she's extremely serious when necessary and is very determined to the point of stubbornness. She is very dangerous and somewhat violent when angry enough, though she will (probably) not ever lash out against anyone on "her side". She is a bit of a recluse, and has a hard time talking and relating to other people. Cyrrah is very proud and serious, acting somewhat aloof towards strangers. though she does like joking around a bit, if only with people she's comfortable around.
History:
Cyrrah grew up in Vintrose with her family, staying there and studying swordplay. After a lot of practice, she joined a clan when she was 15. She was accepted immediately, if only because they desperately wanted a Gria in the clan because of their stength and skill in battle. For several years she and others went on adventures fighting monsters and other clans. She was extremely happy and soon saw her other clan team mates as family. During that time, she and a ninja (To this day, she refuses to say his name) in the clan started to fall in love.. she thought.
A few months ago, her clan was in a vicious battle with another, during which she was badly injured. She does not like talking about how exactly it happened very much. Even though she heal almost completely, she couldn't handle having to travel so far so often with the clan, so she was forced to go back home to Vintrose. At one point, later, she ran into the ninja she though loved her. He didn't and never had, only liking her for her use in fights, nothing more. As she couldn't fight in the clan anymore, she meant nothing. Being a Gria and having little to no contact with males (human or otherwise) Cyrrah decided she had been naive and started hating all men. Adding insult to injury quite literally, she has been shunned by everyone but her family ever since, and is on the verge of being kicked out. Regardless of if she decided to investigate the cause of the strange cloud, she will have to soon leave the village anyway.
Other: Wow.. this is really long. I kinda got carried away.. :sweatdrop:

Mkay, so I'm not allowing people to do second characters, but Evoli you seem to have spent so much time on yours that I'm afraid I'll have to accept your second character.

But other than Evoli, no second characters. Please.

Back
Top Bottom