• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Welcome to Nijen! *needs expert scratch spriters!*

The beautiful region of Nijen (inside Pokemon Amethyst, Topaz, and Jade Versions), is a vast area. It is the largest region ever discovered. Its main geographical features are a tropical jungle, swamps, a massive mountain, a graceful glacier, a huge ocean, ancient ruins, abandoned factories and old mines, along with a temperate forest, a canyon with lots of fossils, a temple that reaches to the skies, an active volcano and a troical island. There are 157 new Pokemon in the Region's Pokedex, along with 143 out of the original 493.

Three new types have been discovered, Light, Sound, and Cosmic.

The mascot legendaries are Deyajhira, the lupine lunar deity, Apolikahn, the lion-like solar deity, and Arceus' rival, the Omega Pokemon, Lokieth.

There also are the four Guardian Pokemon that protect the four corners of Nijen, based off an Ancient Chinese myth. They are Chinlyu, the Blue Dragon, Genwu, the Black Turtle, Byahu, the White Tiger, and Zhuku, the Red Sparrow. (yes, I know, Digimon has a take on the same Chinese myth!)

Past gen Legendaries including Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina, can also be found in Nijen.

Pokemon have also had their types changed (note: some have had one type changed to a new type, so no three-typed Pokemon)
Whismur, Jigglypuff, Kricketune, and their relatives are now at least part Sound, along with Chatot and Politoed.
Clefairy, Xatu, and their relatives are now at least part Cosmicn along with Deoxys, Lunatone, and Solrock.
Mareep, Luxray, Lumineon, Lanturn, and their relatives are at least part Light, along with Volbeat, and Illumise.

More coming soon....

Last edited:
Gym Leaders/Elite 4/Champion types

Gym 1-Fighting
Gym 2- Sound
Gym 3- Bug
Gym 4- Dark
Gym 5- Poison
Gym 7- Steel
Gym 7- Cosmic
Gym 8- Light

Elite 4 Member 1- Rock/Ground
Elite 4 Member 2- Grass
Elite 4 Member 3- Fire/Dragon
Elite 4 Member 4- Water/Ice

Champion- Electric/Ghost/Flying/Normal/Psychic

Meh. Cosmic and Sound have always seemed like stupid types to me, Light is one of the few fan-types I've actually seen working. Overall you've given us very little information at all, just a vague outline. No offence, but this region has gotten off to a bad start and it'l take real creativity to make it look good.

Tes, I think some of its Pokédex entries say it croaks really, really loud or something.

Well I'm sure Murkrow and Honchkrow raise quite a ruckus, in fact plenty of Pokémon who learn Screech, Metal Sound and Sonicboom (Magnemite line, Volotrb line) would qualify for Sound seeing as it's one of their most common ways of dealing damage.

Back
Top Bottom