• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

My site and forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry. T.

Banned
Let's try again with my site. It's done, so let's advertise!
Site
Features:
Games-Ronaldo 2 Real (a classic), Ronney on the Rampage (another classic), Donkey Kong

Videos:
Diamond Hacks
Sprite Videos

And more...

Forums
Features:
Skin Styles (must register to access)
Chat (depends on forum you're on)

Terry is to add:
New games (Maths and English)
New forum skins

Enjoy!

Any website with the slogan "awesomeness" turns me off. Gamer's Kingdom is not a very well thought out name, I swear I've seen it before.

I wasn't even going to post in this thread.

Your site sucks. Here's why! said:
2. It's not finished.
I don't want to see your work in progress. Sites are never done, but something that's not even started is not worth advertising. If you are asking for help or feedback, this is not the right place to do it. Also, if you have an 'under construction' sign, I will find you and beat you with it.
More coming soon? I thought that you said it was done.

Your site sucks. said:
4. There's nothing there.
Telling me all about how Diamond and Pearl are the latest in a series of games called "Pokemon" is not useful information. Find something better to write about. Likewise, a collection of shoutboxes and guestbooks and forums and dumb Dynamic Drive widgets does not automatically make a site. Sites need content, not gimmicks.
We already know how to get Articuno. We already know how to catch pokemon. This section is completely pointless, so remove it. We know about Donkey Kong aswell, so get rid of that too. Likewise, if we want to play those flash games, we'll go to newgrounds or wherever the hell they were made. Oh and I think you need permission but who cares since you're the most important person in the world.

Your site sucks again. said:
5. It's just a forum.
I really don't care about your forum. At all. If you hadn't noticed, I'm already on at least one. Yours is, in all likelihood, absolutely nothing special, and I have no reason to go there. In fact, I kinda resent that you are trying to direct time away from this forum so some massive group of ten people can accumulate on yours and.. do absolutely nothing they can't already do here.
And you haven't even done anything to it since the last time you showed it to us.

guess that thread. said:
7. It's annoying.
If you are even considering using anything from this thread, you should stop right now and severely rethink why you are making a site in the first place.
http://dragonflycave.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2000&postcount=2

Now, seriously do some work on this or kindly put it away in a box to die.

Oh god just... Ugh.

1: The slogan. Does anyone ever read website tips anymore? Don't refer to your site as "awsomeness", "the best", or anything along those lines. Ever.

2: There's nothing there, the Welcome page shouldn't just say that, if you want it to be sucsessful, try making that an updates page. ;3

3: There's virtually nothing there worth reference... Oo And FREEWEBS forums!? Please tell me it isn't so, please. If you want a decent host that's free, try Invisionfree. ;D

4:Tell me WHY you're using a default template.

HEY EVERYONE LET'S MAKE A SAD ATTEMPT TO BE POSITIVE

At least the sprites aren't stolen.

PESSIMISM/CRITICISM

EVERYBODY KNOWS HOW TO CATCH ARTICUNO. The games are bullshit. You are not as awesome as you think you are.

That is all I am willing to waste my time on. Have a nice life.

mmmkay guys, let's all stop being jerks and give some constructive criticism

first of all: get the hell off of easy builder. having a website made on easy builder is like having a red neon sign pointing to your site saying "DON'T VISIT THIS PLACE, IT REALLY STINKS GUYS". Even if you have the cure for cancer, no one will give it a second glance if it's on easy builder.

Second of all: your site's original content consists entirely of four pokemon sprites, about two paragraphs of text, and less than twenty minutes of video. The games don't count, unless you made them (which I doubt). Do you really think that anyone is going to be drawn to your site if this is all it has? I know you're going to add more, but until you have a respectable amount, I recommend not show your site to anyone. That way, people will be impressed right off the bat.

ew, freewebs.

my personal suggestion to you is to learn HTML and code your own site. Trust me, it'll look more like your own work and not like the other ∞ Freewebs sites out there.

Didn't you have like two other threads for your various websites? :/

Okay, Terry, really. Listen to me. Please, do not ignore this post, just listen to me.

I was just reading this thread on your forum. You have made yourself seem like some kind of dictator. You threatened to ban people merely because they had a different opinion to you. Why? Do you really wish the world to be full of Terry-clones and nobody else? I don't see why people aren't allowed their own views on your forums, especially as the rules don't say anything along the lines of "Agree with Terry or be banned" - and f they did say that, that would repel even more people.

Terry, nobody will join your forums if you act like a completely stuck-up... I don't know how to put it, but tyrant comes to mind? You're ten years old Terry, you're not king of the world.

[Note - you're not just like that in that thread, you do it everywhere - here, your forum, YouTube and everywhere else I have seen you.]

Really, Terry, please just stop ignoring people and understand that you are not the most important, amazing, talented person in the world. You do not have the right to look down on people and punish them merely for disagreeing with you. Terry, I'm sorry to break this to you, but you are certainly not as popular, 'cool' and 'awesome' as you think you are.

Please, either lay your website to rest, or listen to people and improve it, as well as improving your attitude towards others.

OK, I'm not even going to quote the decent posts people have made because it'd clutter up the page.

But seriously LISTEN to what people are saying

your 'site' said:
FIRERED-ARTICUNO

You'll need Surf. Surf to Seafoam Islands, and use Strength through the "maze". Block the current with Strength at one end of the maze, jump down it once both rocks are down. Surf to it.
TO CATCH IT:
Lower it down to red health like I did. Throw constant Ultra Balls until you get it (I know, it took 6 tries (and over 100 Ultra Balls) to catch it.
More to come...

OK seriously, EVERYONE KNOWS THIS ALREADY. You may think it is so smart of you to know this but pretty much EVERYONE wouldknow it.

There are also LOTS of OTHER guides except they are BETTER.

You don't give instructions on exactly WHERE to go you just say 'use Strength through the "maze"

And for to catch it..you don't even say some of the most simple things like putting it to sleep or paralyzing it. And you used 100 Ultra Balls?

I think that is way to many to catch a Pokemon...but never mind that...

another part of your 'site' said:
New Pokéball! Colour Ball (works like Ultra Ball on dual-types, Pokéball on single types)

Then what is the POINT of having it if it works as well as an Ultra Ball at best? Why not just get an ULTRA BALL and use that :/

And sprites. You have FOUR. None are good. One is OK to look at. One is killed. One is eye hurting. Another is killed.

your home page said:
Welcome to the site!
=D

Welcome to the site and :) is too plain to be worth a page. :) isn't needed and shouldn't really be used as sites are different than normal internet communication.

Your games are...useless. Why not go to the original site and play them? I can't be bothered to say more about it.

I'm rather tired and well, sorry if I used to many CAPITAL LETTERS but the message had to get through somehow(I still think the chances are low...)

Well, that ends it.

Terry said:
^If you were a member, I'd virus you.

Yeah! Let's go and join your forum!

:|

Why don't you just work on one website? I actually went through and counted all the websites you've advertised.

Five.

Last edited:
oh god I tried to erase this from my memory

thanks a lot

mecard.png

The website is nice but still a teeny bit basic. I like your new layout but yeah, might need some more to keep us interested. It would be good to catalogue your "how to get pokemon" section. I could help you with that if you wish and get a lot more entries in there.

It'll be good to see it when its finished.

GET RID IF THIS

mecard.png

Somehow I always thought you'd look like that...

No one wants to see your face when going around on a forum.

No offence but it is horrible to look at and...I don't even want to look at it to give crit.

GET RID IF THIS

mecard.png

Somehow I always thought you'd look like that...

No one wants to see your face when going around on a forum.

No offence but it is horrible to look at and...I don't even want to look at it to give crit.

Agreed. Its...a bit out of place. It should just be in your intro thread or something...

Seriously, guys, stop being such dicks. iirc, he's only around ten years old. Give him constructive criticism, advice on how to improve, but do you really need to tell him that his site is the worst you've ever seen, let alone call him ugly?

*sigh*

EDIT: also, Terry, you might want to choose better colors than yellow and purple for your forum skin. The colors don't go together at all, and it's very difficult to read the black text on dark purple backgrounds. If I were you, I'd go with white and light blue, but really just choose what you want as long as it's a pastelly shade that doesn't hurt the eyes.

Seriously, guys, stop being such dicks. iirc, he's only around ten years old. Give him constructive criticism, advice on how to improve,

I did. I told him to learn HTML and code it himself. Nearly 100% of successful websites are not Freewebs templates. HTML is not some form of mystical voodoo.

I also think it would behoove him to not be such an arrogant dick. It is not our fault he threatens to infect people with a virus for disagreeing with him, nor is it our fault that he spams forums with messages like "these suck. you suck. this forum sucks. where's the yu-gi-oh? mine's way cooler! TPF is way better then this! It has a picture of me. The coolest person ever!" and bans the owner of that forum for protesting it on his forum. It's not even the threat that matters (I doubt a petulant child who does not even bother to learn a simple markup language knows anything about viruses at all) but the attitude he shows to people.

re: the face thing, I'm not reading it as "Terry's ugly and needs to shoot himself" but rather as "Terry's face does not make a good logo AT ALL", a sentiment I wholeheartedly agree with. But then again, the fact that it has a picture of Terry, the Coolest Person Ever (CPE) is supposed to make it appealing... right.

In presenting his forum to us, a potential memberbase, Terry is supposed to prove to us his forum has something to offer that this forum (which covers the exact same subject matter, is hundreds of times as active as his, and doesn't have an administrator that hurls promises of CERTAIN DOOM AND BAD BAD BAD THINGS at anyone who looks at her the wrong way) does not. He is failing horribly.

Last edited:
Seriously, guys, stop being such dicks. iirc, he's only around ten years old. Give him constructive criticism, advice on how to improve, but do you really need to tell him that his site is the worst you've ever seen, let alone call him ugly?

*sigh*

EDIT: also, Terry, you might want to choose better colors than yellow and purple for your forum skin. The colors don't go together at all, and it's very difficult to read the black text on dark purple backgrounds. If I were you, I'd go with white and light blue, but really just choose what you want as long as it's a pastelly shade that doesn't hurt the eyes.

This.

I don't care if Terry is actually a secret troll or something, but the amount of rudeness in this thread is astonishing. There is a way to be direct about the flaws in a website, but this is not how to do it.

Now, for the actual website...
I'm going to start off the with classic "learn HTML and build your own layout". Pre-made layouts are usually accompanied by very lame content, and even if your site has mind blowing articles and beautiful pictures, the pre-made layout will scare people away. Your layout can be basic; you don't have to have image-based layouts or drop-down.

The front page is a bit... boring and useless, really. Welcome =D isn't attractive at all. Most people usually put news on the front page. You could probably be creative and put a description of the site there and news somewhere else, but Welcome =D isn't going to cut it.

The Pokemon Art page isn't particularly interesting, either. You have four sprites, and they're not really good enough to be the only thing worth seeing. You should probably only have a gallery if you have a lot of sprites.

I didn't see the videos because they didn't interest me.

Your descriptions page has stuff for a new game that you are supposedly making. That's great and all, but your audience isn't going to care unless you give them a reason why. Why not describe your new game and whet our appetites instead of giving us tidbits we don't care about?

Help to Get Pokemon isn't very useful, either. These pages are rather generic, but if you insist on having them, you should probably list all the Pokemon or at least the harder to get ones and be more comprehensive. This should be taken down until complete.

The games should be taken down since you didn't make them.

You should, somehow, come up with more content. Make more sprites, elaborate on yourt game, make your own games. The site is really bare.

Also, don't be so commanding on your forum.

I did. I told him to learn HTML and code it himself. Nearly 100% of successful websites are not Freewebs templates. HTML is not some form of mystical voodoo.

I don't know; it seems to me you were one of the few helpful people in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom