• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Radiohead Rorschach

Retsu

uhhdushfkjwhf
It is no longer possible to have an original opinion on Radiohead.

You've absorbed the deified albums, quarreled over the rock critic pontifications, frowned at the guarded, combative interviews. Thom Yorke's ugly-stick-beaten mug has peered at you from the pages of every magazine known to man; his every word and every note has ignited its own individual Internet flame war. Mass media has bombarded us with Radiohead critique, rendering us unable to generate an unfiltered opinion of our own.

When you listen to Radiohead, you're no longer actually listening to Radiohead -- you're listening to everyone's opinion about Radiohead. It's impossible to separate what you hear from what you've read. You are betrayed by what you know, and you know way too much.
Thus, in order to solicit an honest, undiluted opinion about Radiohead, you'd have to find the proverbial People Living Under Rocks. As People Living Under Rocks are unavailable, let's use fifth graders.
More

I don't get it. What's the point of the article, that people only like Radiohead because they're critically acclaimed? Doesn't the person that wrote this know that fifth graders have really shitty taste in music? When I was in fifth grade, I thought that "I Like To Move It Move It" by Crazy Frog was the greatest song ever.

the only radiohead i *really* like is kid a and some of ok computer, but umm.. yeah.

i might have asked for a sentence or two about the band. the pictures were expressive of something, but an opinion in plain words would help.

well it is surprising how many people are too stupid to have an opinion that isn't rooted in someone else's opinion, actually.

well it is surprising how many people are too stupid to have an opinion that isn't rooted in someone else's opinion, actually.

no it's not

people are stupid and jump on hype trains and can't think for themselves because thinking for yourself makes you a social anathema

fun fact

to the best of my knowledge, i haven't listened to radiohead (or at least, haven't listened to it knowingly) ever.

i have also never read, heard or watched any critique of the band.

am i dumber than a fifth-grader? :3

Um...ok. Why fifth graders?

I like radiohead. I started liking it when Last fm played me optimistic. I don't see how I have been influenced by other people's views, considering I don't tend to read aritcles about bands (the exception being NIN for some reason).

Back
Top Bottom