• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Favorite Language?

What's your favorite server-side scripting language, and why?

• ASP

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • ASP.NET

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PHP

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Perl

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Python

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Ruby

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SSI

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Other

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

Pidgeot

This is a poll about your favorite server-side scripting language. If you vote for "Other", please post to tell me which one. Please also post your reasons for loving/hating one of the options. If there's an option you'd like to see that isn't up there, please post and I'll edit the poll if it's widespread enough (i.e. no obscure languages that only you use).

Last edited:
ASP is not a language, it is a technology. ASP pages are typically implemented in either JScript or VBScript.

As for my favorite scripting language overall, I'd probably have to go with ECMAScript (otherwise known as JavaScript). I think it looks better than, e.g. PHP. PHP has other things that nag at me, such as inconsistencies in function naming. From what little I know of Python, it's pretty nice too. Perl is just horrible, from my point of view (there's something to be said when its users are proud of writing obfuscated code).

Back
Top Bottom