• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

In Progress Tiger

Darksong

Back in action!
I know the chapters might be divided into very short parts, especially the exposition, but I hope you enjoy it all the same. ;)

Heads up... I only have time to put up one chapter per night, but it doesn't take long to write them.

Prologue

I watched as my trainer started to walk away. But he noticed my fear and turned around. “I trust you to take care of Eze while I’m gone, all right, Tiger?”

He was leaving? I gave a sad purr of protest. “Bakuuu…” Even though I was bipedal, I seemed to shrink.

“Don’t worry, girl, I’ll be back,” Allan reassured me, ruffling the fur on my neck. The embers there fired up ever so slightly, and he quickly removed his fingers, grasping his wrist. “Whining won’t help, Tiger. Here I’ll give you this.”

He slipped a golden necklace-looking object over my head. The color gleamed like my sharp fangs. “It’s an Amulet Coin. Good luck.”

Then he was gone. I spent a few moments staring up the Route where he’d walked away, until I felt a slippery paw on my shoulder.

As I turned around, I saw the Vaporeon looking at me with apprehension, his dark eyes gleaming. I knew this was the Eze that Allan had mentioned, but his real name was Ezekiel. The fire on my neck flared up with gratitude, concealing the previously dark blue fur on the back of my neck that had been scorched gray. The Water-type in front of me didn't flinch; he just wagged his dolphin-like tail, the blue skin shining as if it were dripping wet, or had just been cleaned.

"Thanks," I growled hesitantly. It was more of a friendly purr. My dark black eyes shone sincerely, the cream fur on my face blowing against me in the calm breeze. I let the wind skim along my rounded muzzle and off my body, and for a moment, it felt like I was flying.

"What is that?" Ezekiel pawed at the golden ornament hanging from my white necklace.

"Allan said it was an 'Amulet Coin.' I don't know what it does, but he said it was lucky." I took the delicate gold in a four-clawed paw, letting it reflect off of my eyes.

"You seem fascinated," Ezekiel noted with a curious tone.

"Who wouldn't be?" My reply was simple, rather stolid.

The Water-type shrugged his front paws to himself.

I hadn't noticed the sky darkening as the sun dived to the west. It reflected off the lake water serenely.

"Well, Kiel, I think we should sleep now." Kiel was my nickname for him. I was the only one who used it, for some reason. I turned my head and glanced at the small pond in the corner of the enclosure, the water lapping onto one gray shore as if it were a minuscule ocean.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the old day-care lady looking at us through the window of the small, brick-walled building nearby. But I ignored her, lying down on the sand just out of reach of the tiny waves. There were a few twigs in reach of the fence, and I grasped them through the wooden posts, putting them into a small pile. With my Ember, I lit it into a candle-like, red fire that wouldn't spread, and curled up next to it. I thought I saw a human moving in the bushes, but didn't pay any attention.

My friend put his ridged tail over his nose as he lay down, and I glanced at the fire dyeing his blue skin yellow for a moment before my eyes closed, exhaustion getting the better of me.

----

I gazed at my trainer welcomingly, Ezekiel sitting next to my foot. My trainer had been gone for at least two weeks. Allan patted my head, saying, "I'm back, Tiger. I had to go to Kanto to see my grandmother, but I couldn't bring you. Eze was left here as a friend.

I glanced at the Vaporeon out of the corner of my eye.

Allan tickled my belly, which I had always loved ever since he had received me as a Cyndaquil. I let out a Typhlosion giggle that sounded like a chain of quick "baku baku baku" sounds.

His hand paused for a moment and he stopped tickling me without a word. A wide grin pervaded across his face. "Still like that, eh, girl?" He simply withdrew me to rest. "We're together again, girl..."

----

The Cyndaquil was very small. None of us -- Allan, Ezekiel or I -- had ever seen anything like it. I didn't react when Allan cradled it in his arms. It let out a tiny squeak. "Heee..."

The minuscule, mouse-like creature hardly knew what was going on. Allan looked towards me, waiting for me to say something. I tried to say the child's name, and only somewhat succeeded. "Ka-tai..."

Ezekiel, who was rather better at me with clear sounds, clarified, "Ty."

"Ty is a cute name." Allan grinned as the tiny Fire-type rolled onto its belly. I saw that it didn't have the red coals on its back yet.

Still on four legs, I let out a quiet purr, taking a slight step forward. To humans, it sounded like, "Fooo..." But Allan understood what I had said. "Give me my son."

Nodding, the trainer placed him on the ground in front of me. Ty let out a startled "Quee!" But I comforted him by nosing him on the top of his head and cradling him in my arms.

Turning to Ezekiel, I warned, "Your water attribute might harm him at this young age. I suggest you keep your distance."

At first, he was taken aback, but he nodded understandingly and backed away. I sighed, looking morosely at my child. His fire would never be as strong as anyone else's, due to his father being water-based. Shutting my eyes, I held him in my paws, standing on two legs again. A small tear fell onto his left paw, and I noticed a small teardrop-shaped birthmark on the paw.

Last edited:
The Kidnapping

Chapter 1

I was outside my Poké Ball, resting in the open with Ty. Ezekiel was in the pond nearby. But this wasn't the day care. This was Allan's backyard. I was new to this place, oddly, and could hardly sleep. My eyes were closed, however, and I appeared to be dozing off. But even with the long day and the darkness, I could not sleep.

My small ears twitched as I heard something in the shadows. There was a large Pokémon approaching us! Its scent was strange, and somehow, I knew it was powerful. I didn't react, but protected Ty against my belly. The tiny Cyndaquil was fast asleep.

I felt that spot suddenly go cold, and my eyes flew open. The creature was escaping with Ty! Furiously, I spit out fire at the intruder, but he was too fast, and easily hopped over the fence, still holding Ty.

For that moment, I was frozen. But I let out a furious roar, breathing blazing flames into the sky and making it look like it was daytime. "BAKUFOOO!"

Alarmed, Ezekiel leaped out of the pond. "What happened, Tiger?"

"Ty was stolen!" I growled. I couldn't help taking my anger out on my mate, and my neck fire heated the air around it.

But Ezekiel was imperturbable. He stood his ground, the sleek fur on his back bristling.

The wooden door nearby creaked open, and my gaze was yanked towards Allan. He was alarmed, his eyes wide.

"Bakuuu!" I hissed at Allan, knowing he would understand.

"We'll find him when it gets light out," Allan replied with a tired but annoyed edge to his voice.

"Baku!" I cried at him impatiently.

"Fine," he said, yawning. "Let me get into my day clothes."

He disappeared into the door, and reemerged in a few minutes in his orange shirt and shorts. He seemed a lot more energetic, and I smirked slightly.

Baring my fangs, I rushed off. Ezekiel came up behind me, with Allan on his back. The Vaporeon's tail was held straight, to give him better aerodynamics. Though we were speeding down the road, my energy was not sapped, as it was fed by rage and determination. We were heading out of New Bark town now, leaving the mint green roofs behind, and nearing Cherrygrove quickly. I grasped the medallion around my neck wistfully, running with three paws.

Surprisingly, it wasn't long before we reached the city, which looked like a pink field from above. Allan looked at his watch, noting to himself, "5:15 AM... I've never been out this early." He gave a long yawn, making me feel even more impatient.

Ezekiel rubbed the end of his tail on the trainer's shoulder, delivering the message, "Not much longer." But I could tell he added. Hopefully.

Allan looked up and nodded, now rather perseverant.

My nose twitched as I recognized a familiar scent. I had last smelled it at the day care a few months ago. The memory suddenly came back to me. It was that shady human!

I sneaked towards the source of the scent, my companions close behind. Suddenly, I stopped them with a paw and put my ear to the wall of a gray building. It definitely stood out in Cherrygrove City, where almost everything was cherry red.

I heard strange, malicious voices. "Did you get your Pokémon to snatch the rare one?"

My fur bristled at this.

"Yes. It was very easy for Mankey."

I hissed inaudibly to myself, glancing around the corner. But the captive Pokémon was different. It had a leaf-like extension on its head and seeds around its neck. Definitely not Ty.

Sadness pushed me to the ground, and my tears dotted the sidewalk under me. All of my hope had been destroyed. Allan was frustrated, which I could tell even without looking behind me. Ezekiel put his muzzle to my cheek, but I quickly jerked my head away. "I wish he had never been born in the first place..."

Ezekiel persisted, touching his rounded muzzle lightly below my eye to dry the tears. "No, never say things like that. Everything is meant to be."

I didn't calm down, yelling, "Does that mean I was meant to lose Ty?! That this wasn't all a mistake?!"

"Look on the bright side," he said, still calm. "At least we're closer. We know who took him. I recognize those uniforms. They're part of some team with bad intentions." He seemed sure about it.

Allan peeked around the corner furtively. "Team Galactic? That's impossible! They were supposed to be in Sinnoh!" He thought for a moment, and then gasped at the volume of a whisper. "Does that mean... their reign is stretching?"

Neither of us needed to reply.

"We need to train immediately. And hard," Allan continued strictly. "Come with me. I know how to get to Kanto. Eze, can you Surf?"

The Vaporeon nodded. The frills around his head seemed to expand with determination.

"We don't have far to go," Allan added drowsily. "I just need to get more sleep."

I was still anxious, but absentmindedly nodded. Immediately, I took off. It was a moment before my friends realized I was gone, and they came up to my shoulder in a few seconds. My heart was racing but I wasn't tired. I was being driven on by the emotions that were gathered within me, being mixed into a kind of potion; the hatred I felt towards Team Galactic, the determination I felt to destroy them, and the love I felt for Ezekiel and my son.

As soon as we barged into New Bark town, Allan raced into the the house. Somberly, I headed through the halls and out the back door, curling up on the grass, my dark blue fur covering me. But I could not sleep; not without Ty near me. The confounding concoction of emotions was also keeping me awake. For the next two hours, I stirred, creating a circle of grass that was pressed down. Those two hours seemed like two years to me before we headed for Kanto. The training would be harsh, but it was nothing compared to the cave of despair in the middle of my heart. I would fight against anything if it meant getting Ty back.

It was only a matter of minutes before the body of water was below Ezekiel's paws. He would carry us across the water one at a time; first me, and then Allan. Of course, he was a bit off balance with me on his back, but he was strong enough. As soon as he reached the shore, I leaped onto land, accidentally dunking him underwater with my hind paws. He resurfaced and began laughing amusedly, causing me to join in. However, it didn't take long for him to get Allan across as well, and by then, he had stopped giggling.

As soon as we were all on land, we followed the long path east. There had been bridges built across the water, so there was no other need to Surf. Ezekiel seemed glad about it.

"Tired, Kiel?" I asked him, concerned.

"I'm fine," he retorted, although I could tell he was pretty exhausted.

"Determined, then," I said, chuckling. Ezekiel was always stubborn. Being on two legs was hard for me, because I was so much bigger than him. It just made it seem odd, since, I admitted, he tended to be more mature than me.

There was no Victory Road in sight, but definitely a whole lot of long grass. A lot of Pokémon -- strong ones, at that -- dwelled in these grasses: Raticate, Sandslash -- even Doduo, which one couldn't find back in Johto. The two-headed ostrich had always amused me.

Immediately, there was a sound like a hiss nearby. A brown puffball with huge fangs and a long, pink tail emerged. Allan's command came from behind me. "Go on, Tiger."

I gave a roar that made the Raticate shake. "BAKUFOOON!"

It was the Raticate's attack first. It used a Tackle-like attack that was almost invisibly fast. I couldn't avoid it, and was knocked backward, but at least it wasn't as powerful as Hyper Fang. If there was one attack I wanted to look out for, it was Hyper Fang. And I was sure this Raticate could 1-hit KO me with that attack if it tried.

"Use Fire Punch," Allan told me.

Fire Punch was the knew attack I had just learned via Technical Machine, so I wasn't very good at it yet. But this was practice.

I gathered the fire around my left paw, and it swirled ominously. All of a sudden, I launched my fist at the Raticate. It bared its huge, square fangs, but it didn't deter me, and I was able to land my punch square on its side. It let out a startled, ear-piercingly high-pitched squeak, and I saw what was coming next. Hyper Fang.

There was no time to dodge the attack. I could only protect myself with Flame Wheel at the best. That seemed to be what Allan was thinking, and the fire emanated from my body and created a sort of cloak just before he commanded me -- and just before the attack hit.

Startled, the Raticate jumped back, shaking its head. But it had managed to chomp down on my shoulder rather hard, at the cost of its face being burned, of course.

"...Ow," I muttered flatly. To Allan, it sounded a bit like "cow."

"Aim for Quick Attack, Tiger," Allan said, trying to get me to move first. I readied myself, then slammed into the cream-bellied, furry Normal-type with as much power as I could muster. It flew backwards and landed grasping the ground with its claws and struggling. The Raticate could hardly aim the Tackle, and it ended up getting a bite out of the ground. Humorously, I wondered if it tasted good.

"Finish it off with Ember," my Trainer said calmly.

This was getting easier. I was faster and my aim with the Ember was definitely good. The Raticate retreated back into the deep grass, its paws all blackened.

"Baku," I said to myself happily.

"Hey Eze, your turn," Allan chimed to the Vaporeon, his fists on his hips.

Ezekiel nodded, although his gaze was directed at me. The fins on his head seemed to wiggle a bit, and he whirled towards the water. "What is THAT?" he barked, although it sounded like "FweeEE?"

"How should I know!?" I yelled back over the rumbling. Allan hardly heard, "Bakuuu!"

A round object emerged from the water, its body gray and metallic. Finally, when it was fully out, I could see a submarine of some sort. Had it come from Kanto?

"Who are you?" Allan inquired angrily as two men in black-and-white suits with a yellow G on them emerged from the strange vehicle.

"Why do you need to know?" One of them snarled. He nodded to his cohort, and released a Pokémon from a sort of blue Poké Ball.

The Pokémon was large and fearsome, with a huge jaw and a yellow "V" like a belt around its waist. Its fangs jutted out from the bottom jaw, and it had two red, pointy crests, one on its head and one between its shoulder blades. "Feraligay-TOR," it growled.

The second man sent out an apparently Electric-type Pokémon. It had short, orange fur and two huge, mouse-like ears. Its round belly was white, and its legs and arms were stubby, ending in brown paws. It also had an extremely long, thin tail that ended in a lightning bolt, and a yellow circle on each cheek. "Raiii," it challenged, taking a battle stance.

"Raichu, use Thunderbolt on Vaporeon!"

Oh, no, I thought desperately, knowing water-based Pokémon were generally weak towards Electric moves.

"Ezekiel," Allan cried, "Dig as fast as you can!"

The Vaporeon clawed at the ground, but not fast enough, and was shocked by intense electricity. He was tired already.

Furious, I gathered all the rage in my throat and released it in a huge Fire Blast, aimed straight for the Raichu. But the quick Pokémon leaped out of the way, which only brought the burning conflagration of anger back. "BAKAAA!" I roared, but knew not to attack, as it would defy my trainer's commands.

It was finally the Feraligatr's turn. "Hydro Pump... Typhlosion," its trainer said calmly.

Since it took a while to charge the attack, I easily dodged.

"Raichu, use Protect!" The other trainer commanded.

Of course, Ezekiel had different plans. He aimed for Feraligatr, causing the Raichu to waste a turn. All of a sudden, to the Feraligatr's surprise, he came under the jaw and gave a fierce kick to the chest. The blue crocodile spun backwards, landing on its side a few meters away. But it got up easily and shook its head angrily.

"Tiger, Fire Fang!" Allan called.

The embers made me shiver as it gathered at my sharp incisors; I wasn't used to the tingly feeling in my mouth; after all, I didn't eat fire. But it didn't deter me from hitting the Raichu fast. The mouse gave a wracking shudder and froze with fear.

Feraligatr proceeded to create another Hydro Pump. Foam bubbled in its mouth, and it gargled as the water hit me with great force. I gave a last, painful roar. "BAKUUU!"

My voice quieted, and I sighed, "Ezekiel, get Ty back..."

After that, everything went black. The only thing I heard was the word Tiger... my name... and I saw his body near me, coming to defend me.

~~~~~~

I think the description gets better towards the end :D

Strange

Chapter 2

I awoke in a strange, metallic place. Bars were before my face, and it was dark. Pitch-black. Instinctively, my fire lit up slightly, like a candle light held against the darkness, and I called, first quietly and then louder. "Ezekiel? Ezekiel!"

Pausing for a moment, I caught my breath, and then shouted, "Kiel! KIEL!"

But there was no answer. Inhaling deeply, I glanced around the dark, square room as far as I could see, and saw that the room that my cage was in was otherwise empty.

"Ezekiel!" I cried desperately, a strange, sad feeling in my throat.

It took all my energy to yell again. If my voice had dynamics, as in music, it would be at least triple-forte. "EZEKIEL!!"

I sat down, despondent, my heart feeling like it had been ripped straight out of my chest. My tears dripped to the ground ominously. I had the idea of using fire but did not do anything about it. It's useless, completely useless. I might as well just die here.

No. I need to save Ty.

Somehow, the ember within me flared into a fully-fledged fire, and I gave a giant roar of determination. "BAKUSHAAAAA!" It bounced across the walls and echoed for a long time before the sound finally died down. I had waited quite a few seconds.

This was the time to practice my unused attacks. Fire radiated from my fist and spun around it. I focused for a moment, getting the highest amount of flames possible. My paw burned, but I could resist it, being naturally fire-based. Finally, I rushed at the lock on the door in front of me and slammed my fist square at the keyhole. At first, even with the immense heat, it didn't melt, but I bored my fist further and further into it. Eventually, I fell forward and, startled, withdrew all the fire. My face had been hit against a hard stone floor, and the door hung open beside me. The only word I could think of at the moment was, Free!

Immediately, I shoved the nearby, normal door open and sped down the corridor on four legs, lucky no one heard me. There was no scent of Ty, but I could hear a scent that was faintly like seawater.

"EZEKIEL!" I shouted, with a small growl.

There was a slippery, scratching sound at one door, and something that was like speech that I could not make out.

I tried to push the door open, but there was a click and it wouldn't move. "Kiel, get out of the way!" And I spit a blast of fire, making a burned hole in the door large enough to slip through.

"Ezekiel," I sighed simply, plopping down onto the floor in front of him. My nose hurt when I hit the ground, but I was practically oblivious to it. It was nothing compared to the relief I felt at the moment.

"There's no time to rest now. We need to get out of here," he said sternly. I was pushed to my feet, and I leaped out of the room hastily with the Vaporeon at my side. The coals on the back of my neck were down, as I didn't want to waste energy, since I was racing just about as fast as I could. The only time they flared was when we were just about to get through the door, so that it melted just enough for us to get through one after the other.

I gently dkidded to a stop, gawking at the Pokemon in front of me. There was a male Typhlosion, who was standing over a sleek-furred Mightyena. The female had a litter of three Poochyena pups, but there was a fourth that stood out. I almost dropped dead when I realized that one was Ty.

"Give me my son back!" My roar was mixed with a growl, more furious than ever. It was fearsome, and the Mightyena flinched slightly. In my mouth, a ball of fire gathered, and it was sent straight towards the black wolf. When the fire dissipated suddenly, at first I was startled, but I saw that the other Typhlosion had blocked the Fire Blast with his own shield of fire.

A growl rose in my throat, and I leaped at the Typhlosion with the biggest Thunder Fang I could muster. My fangs ached and my mind buzzed harshly, but I forced myself to endure it. Ezekiel flinched back, lowering himself, but the Typhlosion easily dodged, and with his Mega Kick, sent me flying. There was a bang on the stone wall, and I rubbed my head but stood back up again. I had to try an attack I had never used before. I jumped onto the wall, grasping it with my claws for a split second, and then leaped off the ceiling, spinning towards my enemy. Aerial Ace could not miss or be blocked, and I successfully aimed a cut at his shoulder with my long claws.

Angry, he countered my attempting to give me a Mega Punch to the chest, but I leaped out of the way and charged with Fire Punch.

That was the trigger. The battle was intense. It was Fire Punch after Fire Punch, aimed at each other's heads. I was slowly being pinned towards the wall, even though I was leaning to dodge. All of our attacks missed, so the battle wasted energy.

Even though all my attacks were powered with rage, they were evaded. Soon, our attacks became more separated but powerful and spontaneous. It was harder to dodge the attacks; one had whizzed past my ear. I was getting tired, but so was my enemy.

Quickly, I raised my paw and aimed at his face. But then I faked him out, aiming for his shoulder, and then quickly struck with a Thunder Fang to his other shoulder.

He pushed himself right in front of the attack, and was knocked to the floor by the electricity. I could only manage to growl, "Give Ty back."

When the Mightyena didn't move, I stepped on the Typhlosion's cream-colored belly and clawed it with my left foot, insane with anger. "Give him BACK!"

With that, I blasted fire towards the Mightyena and singed her black fur ash gray. While she was blinded, I hurried Ezekiel to the other end of the room with Ty in my arms. The door was easy to open, and I barged into an empty, gray room that was apparently for conferences of some sort. Now I had to find Allan, but where? Was he at home? Captured? Or worse?

"Ezekiel, would you know where Allan is?"

"Of course not." It was the first time he had ever growled at me. Ever. But I didn't blame him. He was almost as angry as I was.

"We have to try," I said.

Ty yawned softly and stretched, his long snout pointed, unlike the rest of his round body and circular head. He gave a tiny, confused squeak.

"You're back with your mother," I said quietly, nosing him and feeling one of the best things in the world rising in my throat. But it quickly disappeared when I glared at Ezekiel. "We have to go back."

"But we can't leave Allan!" Ezekiel retorted, shuffling his paws.

"How do you know he's not at home?" I growled, with no more worry than anger.

"These people, as far as I know, wouldn't merely leave him, at least not without a fight. They would take the rest of his Pokémon first... if he had any." The last part was rather in an ominous voice.

"But that means he was left helpless," I murmured hesitantly.

"Exactly. But that doesn't help us. He could still be at home."

I nodded, repeating strictly, "We have to go back." There was a door on the other end of the gray room with an EXIT sign over it. I couldn't read the human language, but somehow I knew it would get us out.

"This will be useful to Allan," I reminded my mate, who was trotting on four legs by my side. "Now we can more easily find the center of this team's base."

Ezekiel turned his head, and I followed his gaze. There was a large painting of yellow letters on the brick wall that read, "GALACTIC."

"'Team Galactic?'" Ezekiel asked himself.

I shrugged, saying hastily, "Let's continue."

He padded after me, and although I didn't know where we were, I had a faint sense of direction. New Bark town was to the east, and the sun was just rising; we would have to head towards the sun in order to get there.

There were hardly any other buildings, and many less actuall roads or signs. It was probably an isolated area, or maybe the others were just wise enough not to come near this "Team Galactic."

Hopefully, New Bark town wasn't far. There was the scent of sea all around us, mostly coming from the south and west.

I saw Ezekiel look up at the buildings' roofs. They were a deep greenish color. "Isn't this Olivine city? If I'm not mistaken, we're at the opposite corner of the region from New Bark town. It's not nearly as far as Azalea town, though.

"That's good to know," I sighed halfheartedly and rather sarcastically. Ty was tired and hungry, so we had to rest often.

Luckily, there was a berry tree nearby. I rushed towards it, plucking one pink, round fruit off of the branches. Ty chewed up tiny fragments of it until it was all finished. He curled up a bit more, maybe a bit more rounded. I smiled contentedly, looking beyond the tree. There was an old structure that was like a shed; large enough to fit me, Ezekiel and Ty. I silently pointed it out to the Vaporeon, and he gracefully slipped towards it.

I decided we would sleep by day and travel by night, to avoid any trainers who might capture us. I wouldn't want to lose my mate and son again, and it would be even worse if I were the one captured. I knew Ezekiel was confident, but he could not take care of Ty by himself, due to his Water type.

As the bright sun heated the air to fit the season of summer, we retreated into the shady shed. It neared noon, and we would rest until dark, when there weren't as many humans. We would be safer, and also Ezekiel wouldn't be dehydrated as quickly, due to the fact that there wasn't as much heat. He needed to conserve water, or he would become very weak, even to the point where he died. And though, honestly, I was more important, since I could take care of Ty, I would not want to lose Ezekiel. And at that, I asked myself how many times I had thought that exact phrase to myself in the last twelve hours.

About half an hour later, I was still awake. Ezekiel had fallen sound asleep long ago. Although iwas curled up, Ty protected and dozing in the curve of my belly, I could not rest. Something was bothering me, making my fur stand on end. But I could not determine what it was. There were small holes in the wall of the shed; if there was someone out there and they could see me through them, I could peek through the holes and see them as well. Carefully, I looked out, but there was nothing there. Or at least, nothing I could see. Although it was bright daylight, the air was unnerving. I knew something was nearby. Not necessarily a living thing, but definitely a creature.

It was a long time before I finally snoozed, my breathing in a close rhythm with Ezekiel's. The disturbance left my fur tingling, and my dreams were tainted with nightmarish thoughts. But I lay still, protecting Ty against myself and close to Ezekiel. The shed was not my favorite place to rest, with its cold, but it was better than being away from those close to me.

It was twilight when I awoke. Ezekiel had left the shed door slightly open, sitting just outside it and staring at the moon. I held Ty, still sleeping, by the scruff and carried him outside, sitting next to the Vaporeon, with the starlight reflecting off his blue skin and making it turn a brilliant silver.

"Sometimes I wish I were an Umbreon," he said absentmindedly.

I thought to myself, although not with much regret, That would definitely be better for Ty.

As he was cuddled in my paws, I gazed wistfully at the teardrop birthmark on his left front paw. I did know that it was probably because his father was Water-type, but I did not know that it would enhance his abilities, not abate them, as I thought at the moment. As soon as he was old enough to battle, I would know.

It's pretty good in all, but seems to jump around a bit. And some of the events seem too easy.
But all in all, I likee~

Thanks for letting me know. I know the plot moves a bit fast. I'll see if I can make it a bit harder. But then again, Team Galactic isn't that smart XD

Back
Top Bottom