• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

I hate Nintendo.

Pikachu

Kelp is good! Yum yum!
Pronoun
he
I was reading about Shaymin (Sky Forme) and the Glacidia Flower and discovered this:

Bulbapedia said:
The Gracidea (Japanese: グラシデアの花 Gracidea Flower) is a key item used in Pokémon Platinum to change Shaymin between its Land and Sky Formes. The flower is native to Gracidea, hence its name. It can be received during the player's first trip to Floaroma Town, although the player's party must contain an event Shaymin given away at the eleventh movie or the Toys 'R' Us event Shaymin. This item cannot be used at the night or when Shaymin is frozen.

I hate Nintendo. What if you missed the event?
I just hope they give the Glacidia Flower over Wi-Fi or something.

Discuss, since the release of Platinum in the US is nearing.

sooo... jus because you won't be able to get an event shaymin to get the sky forme shaymin, you hate nintendo
well it is really annoying to those who don't have access to events

but i have three things that make me think it's possible

1.you could trade with another player
2.there may or may not be an event giving out the Glacidea Flowers
3.PokéSav Platinum version

stop me if i missed anything out

2.there may or may not be an event giving out the Glacidea Flowers

I don't think there will be, considering how you recieve a Glacidea Flower in Floaroma Town in Platinum, and the event Shaymin itself is what you need to get. But yeah, trading or using PokeSAV would work.

Last edited:
well tbh there was enough warning for the event, it was all over the bloody internet
be glad that your country even /had/ the event
why should you hate nintendo because you missed the event? sure, event pokemon are annoying but events are rarely occuring in just major cities anymore (this one was in many toys r us stores)
they won't give out glacidea flowers because they are already in the game.

^yeah well what if your country didn't get the event, what if your country hardly ever gets an event? what if you don't have wifi? or the last resort, what if you don't have an AR? you have no chance of getting skymin

Nintendo otta really think about things next time they put an event up

I don't really mind... since the only reason I'd ever actually change Shaymin to Sky Form is to teach it Air Slash, then immediately change it back to Land Form so I can have a regular Shaymin with Air Slash. Heh.

But for those who missed the Toys 'R' Us event and want to get Sky Form... I'm pretty sure I remember someone saying that any Shaymin will make the person in Floaroma Town give you the Glacidia Flower as long as it doesn't have the same ID number as your game.

So if you get a Shaymin from the Platinum wi-fi event that's probably going to happen sometime within the year after Platinum is released, and then trade it with someone else who got one from the same event, it should be possible to get the flower that way. That is, if the "any Shaymin that isn't from your save file" thing is actually true...

But for those who missed the Toys 'R' Us event and want to get Sky Form... I'm pretty sure I remember someone saying that any Shaymin will make the person in Floaroma Town give you the Glacidia Flower as long as it doesn't have the same ID number as your game.

I'm pretty sure it also needs the Classic Ribbon. Else one could do the same thing with Regigigas

I don't see the point of events, it's unfair to players who can't get to events. Maybe they have some competition on or whatever, maybe it isn't in their country. But we have every right to get an event Pokemon as someone who can't access WI-FI or a country with events.

I liked PMD1, you could get every single Pokemon that existed but some were MUCH MUCH harder like Mew. But you didn't need an event.

Nintendo doesn't need events, they could make it that you could get it in-game but have the catch rate so low that you'd have to use 100 Ultra balls or something with 1 health and Paralyzed.

^ That would be really cool. I think Nintendo are just making the events for money. If they don't make events over Wi-Fi, the only way I'll get an event Pokémon is someone giving me their one. My mum and dad won't let me go to events. So yeah, they better do that.

this is when being stuck in canada sucks! We don't even GET any of the ToysRus events! Even though we have toysRus in canada, they don't do the events:(
However the TCG world championships always has an event!

Events in general have a tendency to annoy me. I mean, of course the Pokémon that come in events aren't required to complete the Pokédex, but... seriously.

In addition to location problems, there's also the example of Pokémon fans that didn't get into the fandom until late. I missed the original Red/Blue Mew event and the Celebi one (if there ever was one; I'm actually not sure) because I didn't get into Pokémon until after R/S had come out. I don't have Wi-Fi and by the time I found out that Mewtwo in Time and Celebi in Darkness could only be accessed through Wi-Fi missions, Nintendo had stopped putting the missions up. I also didn't know the Shaymin event was even going on now.

I seriously think Nintendo should just stop events altogether. (Maybe they should invest that time into making Gold and Silver remakes. =D *all-too-hopeful*)

I've always been disappointed with Nintendo and its insistence upon events. I live in North Dakota, and for most of my life, I grew up in a tiny little town with no hope of ever getting to an event, even the rare ones that came to Fargo. Even though I now live in Fargo, I do have a life and bills to pay and can't rearrange my entire schedule just so I can go to the local Toys 'R Us to get Shaymin.

Events have really always been a burn for me. I've never been to one, and I think it completely unfair that since I can't go to all the events, I should be denied Shaymin, Arceus, Mew, Jirachi, and all the other "event only" Pokemon.

So I guess I'll just have to keep dreaming of the day that I can get my hands on a Mew. And until then, satisfy myself with Dialga and Kyogre.

You can get a Mew from my Pokemon Ranch, but be prepared to do some serious mon hunting if you do decide to get it that way.

I don't really hate the events, bu they are very inconvienient. But the only event I've been to was the Darkrai event at Toys R us last year. That's about the only one I've ever seen advertised, or I just haven't noticed others.

Events are evil.

There could be an event Pokemon and it could be your MOST FAVORITE POKEMON EVER but you happen to not have Wi-Fi and you happen to live in Antarctica or something. Then what, just be sad? Well Nintendo is mean like that.

Back
Top Bottom