• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Ultimate Army

Valerunner

Probably shouldn't be here.
Pronoun
She/her
What do you guys think is the ultimate army?

I give you the Black Templars.

What weakness does an army of fanatical, superhuman soldiers who consider death as a reward for service? Also consider their 10 inches of steel armor and the bullets they use; mini-grenades which explode upon impact. Some are also "ascended" into Dreadnoughts; giant coffins where the mortally wounded are sealed in and continue fighting. These last over centuries in service.

Metroids, seriously, they drain life as their only way to attack, and that's all they need, why do you think Samus was sent out to kill them in the first place? Because they was seen as such a threat they had to be exterminated.

Metroids, seriously, they drain life as their only way to attack, and that's all they need, why do you think Samus was sent out to kill them in the first place? Because they was seen as such a threat they had to be exterminated.
The fact that most of the Metroid species was eliminated by one bounty hunter proves that they're weak.

The Kroot. They're fucking mental. They EAT THE PEOPLE THEY KILL.
While I love the Kroot, their weakness is in the tech. They can assimilate certain traits (muscle mass: they eat Orcs) for battle, but against tanks like the Baneblade or a mass of Land Raiders containing a thousand Terminators (Iron Warriors are prone to this), they're roadkill.

Crossoverwise, they're dead against the Galactic Empire (Star Wars) and the mass of tanks and the giant AT-ATs, and any decent-equipped army can decimate them by sheer firepower.

EDIT: MD, thanks for the reminder.

The Scourge of the Undead. Also a great army; their numbers rise with every kill.

clay_starman.png

We are Starmen.

The Space Pirates is a good one, considering the speed at which they steal and reverse engineer technology. Excluding the Chozo Power Suit, they will always be as or more technologically advanced as you. The only downside is the immense amount of funding they need - they probably wouldn't be able to commit their entire army to fight at one time; they would need pirates to loot and raid for cashmoneys.

But uh, the Combine. No joke.

Nintendo fanboy I may be, but jesus christ the Combine are asscrazy. If they've taken over entire universes...? Note I said universes, not galaxies. The fact that they have fucking inter-universal travel is insane. Also when I say the Combine, I don't mean Striders and shit. They're weaksauce. The Overseers own the fuck out of Gordon with a blink of a ... well, human eye. And we know how badass Gordon is.

Combine win. :/

Tyranids! :3 I think TVTropes puts it best?

Tyranids. Like Giger's Aliens, but smarter, meaner. They come in an ever-growing range of sizes and shapes, from human-sized monsters to living Humongous Mecha, all deliberately evolved towards a single purpose. They have biological ranged weapons that spray acid and venom or fire swarms of flesh-eating maggots via muscle spasms. When they attack your world, they send vanguard organisms to corrupt your genes, resulting in a cult of hybrids that psychically summons the hive fleet. Once that arrives, they seed your atmosphere with spores that drive plant life into a growing frenzy, then they rain down swarm...after swarm...after swarm of chittering monsters. The Hive Mind of the species disrupts space travel and psychic communication, so there's no way to call for help and no way for it to arrive. Once they've overrun whatever pathetic resistance you attempt, they send down specialty creatures to eat everything on your planet - plants, animals, even their own troops. The fleet sends down feeder tendrils to slurp up this digested bio-fuel and siphon the very water and atmosphere off of your world, leaving it a lifeless rock. After consuming everything, they instinctively scan the DNA of the creatures they've devoured for useful evolutions they use to upgrade the swarms, before moving on to the next world. Oh, and they outnumber the stars.

Them or the homunculi thingies from the FMA manga. They're creepy and unstoppable pretty much.

But uh, the Combine. No joke.

Nintendo fanboy I may be, but jesus christ the Combine are asscrazy. If they've taken over entire universes...? Note I said universes, not galaxies. The fact that they have fucking inter-universal travel is insane. Also when I say the Combine, I don't mean Striders and shit. They're weaksauce. The Overseers own the fuck out of Gordon with a blink of a ... well, human eye. And we know how badass Gordon is.

Ahh yes, the Combine, a multiversal empire. Subjugating worlds in a matter of hours and such. They don't even use their own footsoldiers, they use the inhabitants of worlds they conquer. Yeah, I don't really know of any other group that comes close.

I'm quite partial to the Imperial Guard...

Back
Top Bottom