• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Paranoia + Apocalyptic Situations = This Thread

Icalasari

YAY! NEW AVATAR! :D
You can discuss how to survive an apocalyptic situation here.

I have plans for the following:

Zombies
Aliens
Nuclear Winter
Killer, Out of Control Virus
Super Volcano

I will talk about the Virus right now:

-Get Air Purifiers, Alot of Plants, Water Purifiers, Top-Quality Sealant, and, if possible, a Biohazard suit
-Outfit the whole house with a Purifier in each room with a door. Seal any possible cracks in windows, seals, doors, etc. Also, a plant in every room
-Seperate each room into one to two people per room until the virus blows over. That way, if someone does get infected, they don't infect the rest of the household
-If the virus only affects people, wait a few weeks. The virus would then burn itself out as it kills off its hosts
-If it affects all animals, well, turn a few weeks into a few months. After all, birds can still get around
-If I have the biohazard suit, then, after the time is up, go out and get rid of any bodies. If not, then wait another week and then avoid corpses.

Your plans?

Supervolcano: GET IN THE CHOPPAH!

No, really. Design a large, high-flying helicopter that those chosen to start the new civilization can stay in indefinitely, via a massive fuel tank and ground-based refuel stations on high mountains. Stay above the dust cloud, and you'll be fine.

You can discuss how to survive an apocalyptic situation here.

I have plans for the following:

Zombies
Aliens
Nuclear Winter
Killer, Out of Control Virus
Super Volcano

-Get Air Purifiers, Alot of Plants, Water Purifiers, Top-Quality Sealant, and, if possible, a Biohazard suit
-Outfit the whole house with a Purifier in each room with a door. Seal any possible cracks in windows, seals, doors, etc. Also, a plant in every room
-Seperate each room into one to two people per room until the virus blows over. That way, if someone does get infected, they don't infect the rest of the household
-If the virus only affects people, wait a few weeks. The virus would then burn itself out as it kills off its hosts
-If it affects all animals, well, turn a few weeks into a few months. After all, birds can still get around
-If I have the biohazard suit, then, after the time is up, go out and get rid of any bodies. If not, then wait another week and then avoid corpses.

Your plans?
You saw the Andromeda Strain too huh?

Nuclear War and Winter.

-Dig as deep as I can go underground shelter stocked with food, and a VCR and television.
-Stay down there for a few weeks (or months)

And I guess, hope for the best.

Super Volcano:

I guess live on a mountain somewhere.

Nuclear war isn't funny. I mean, its tough knowing that someone can kill you by pressing a button. I think it only hasn't happened yet because fear of a retaliation attack.

ROBOT MASSACRE:

I am seriously paranoid watching Terminator 1 2 and 3. I mean seriously, how the heck do you escape robots? You can't play dead because they just have sensors that can tell if you are alive or not. I always think about this one.

Hmmm... Robot massacre... Will come up with a plan for that...

And I didn't see the Adromeda Strain. I read a trilogy. Fire-us. Really good. Had me paranoid for weeks! :D And there is even a virus very similar to the one in Fire-us. Instead of 100% fatality among anyone able to reproduce, however, it has, if I remember correctly, a 97% fatality rate with anybody. My plan is in case if terrorists got it. They would, naturally, target major cities first, then go for smaller

My approaches...

In case of anything except a zombie apocalypse:
a) Laugh like a maniac;
b) Die.

In case of a zombie apocalypse:
a) Grab a weapon and have fun taking out some zeds;
b) Laugh like a maniac;
c) Die.

Your plans?

Didn't you see the Happening? O_O

I shall move to the moon. (I hope I know how to grow plants and don't run out of oxygen.)

My plan would pretty much be panic.

If any apocalyptic situation should arise while I'm still alive I'd have too many thoughts and fears running through my head to actually think coherently.

So yeah, cry like made and cower while trying to avoid being trampled by the other panicking and possibly rioting masses

I thought it was about an invasion of carrot people from another dimension.

Speaking of which...

Did anyone hear about the machine being made to look into other dimensions but it could cause the earth to be shot into another dimension?

I just read a summary of it.

*Points to post the Robot Massacre*

That is allowed. Mind you, it may not happen in this life time, but some day, somebody is going to finally make AI that has intelligence equivalent to our own, and be dumb enough to give the robot free will... And when that day comes, the paranoid will inherit the earth... For maybe a month, then the robots will have advanced further and kill the paranoid :D

If robots become sentient, there most likely will just be one medium-size war, a few smaller wars, and then a tense period which settles into peace. Humans have EMP bombs, robots are generally stronger and more capable of surviving physical attacks. Neither side could win.

Back
Top Bottom