• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

D/P/Pt Fire pokemon without wi-fi

Amoeba

If you don't have wi-fi, and don't have any local wi-fi hotspots, and don't know any irl friends with pokemon games, is there any other way to get other fire types in D/P apart from the starter and the ponyta/rapidash line?

Because I heard it's impossible to trade with R/S/E or Fr/Lg unless you have another DS. My second question: Is that true? Because I'm sure not long after or before release I heard you could do it via the extra game slot for GBA games all on the same DS, but now I can't find out where I heard that, and many places now say it's impossible.

I'd have thought it would have been in the game or console manual but I guess not.

Well you can't actually trade with the games. What you can do though is stick R/S/E and Fr/Lg games in the slot and it'll be a one-way transfer of any 6 Pokemon per day you pick to your D/P game. So if you just stuck a third-gen game in the slot, you would be able to get a Fire-type without Wi-Fi~ (If you've beaten the Elite 4) That's probably why it says trade is impossible, because you can't really trade between them, you can only transfer 6 Pokemon ahead and once you transfer them, you can't return them to their old game. You also can't transfer any Pokemon in D/P to the older games. So it really is one-way.

Thanks for answering :)

This is a bit confusing. So... Do I need to have beaten the elite four on both cartrages or just one of them? And is there any special place I have to go to get it done, or is it just at the trade centre?

You need to see everything in the Sinnohdex -- not beat the E4! -- in DPPt and go to the Pal Park, which is south of one of the towns near the start of the game.

Last edited:
You need to see everything in the Nationaldex -- not beat the E4! -- in DPPt and go to the Pal Park, which is south of one of the towns near the start of the game.
Unlocking the NatDex requires you to beat the E4; it's the only place to get Spiritomb without Wi-Fi.

Does anyone know if there is any criteria for the older games? Would your RSE be able to transfer at the start of the game?

Unlocking the NatDex requires you to beat the E4; it's the only place to get Spiritomb without Wi-Fi.
No, it doesn't. It requires that you fight Cynthia. It doesn't require that you win. If you wipe against Cynthia but after seeing Spiritomb and you've seen everything else, you can get the Nationaldex and Pal Park things over.

There is no criteria for the older games, other than that none of the Pokemon you transfer can know HM moves and you need to have at least seven Pokemon. I am reasonably sure that whatever you transfer needs to be in the box, but I haven't used Pal Park in ages. I haven't played Pearl in ages and I'm not interested in seeing how my Platinum rom reacts to real GBA games; I already know that my FFTA2 rom hates everything.

You need to see everything in the Nationaldex -- not beat the E4! -- in DPPt and go to the Pal Park, which is south of one of the towns near the start of the game.

Actually, you need to see everything in the D/P Pokedex, and defeat the E4.

Actually, you need to see everything in the D/P Pokedex, and defeat the E4.

You only need to see everything in the D/P Pokedex. No need to defeat the E4. I was wiped by Cynthia, making sure to hold out JUST LONG ENOUGH to see Spiritomb and Milotic, then I was able to transfer my level 100's and wipe the floor with the E4

I thought it was fairly obvious that I either meant "get the Nationaldex" or "see everything in the Sinnohdex". Apologies for leaving my brainfart there.

Back
Top Bottom